Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet baggage limits.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was looking into flights for the Bash. The only direct flights I can see from Edinburgh to Venice are with easyjet.
I note they are now limiting cabin baggage to smaller than standard bags (must fit under seat ) . You now have to pay more to get overhead luggage . I could just about get by with a cabin bag with my boots and some clothing in, if I was taking my own skis I'd have some other gear in there , but if renting in resort, there's just no way that's viable.
How do people manage with this restriction? I guess pay the extra is just the bite the bullet answer..
Personally I don't think it's a fair business practice to offer flights without fair luggage carriage, but I suppose Ryanair have done it for a while. Not sure that's the business model I want adopted by competitors.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Roguevfr, The lowest fares offered by Swiss and BA are with hand luggage, ie under seat bags only, so its far from uncommon.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Roguevfr, What about one of the indirect options? Seem to be quite a few and Edinburgh->Venice is what, 3hrs?, so ~5hrs with a change in Paris/Amsterdam/etc isn't a huge amount of extra travel time.

@BergenBergen, Unless it's changed since Covid things like the BA hand baggage only fare gave you 2 bags - one overhead locker-sized carry-on plus under seat "handbag or laptop bag", basically matching what the budget airlines used to offer. In responce, and to keep a lower headline fare the budget airlines took another step down, only giving you the hand/laptop bag for free and charging you for carry-on bags as well as checked ones.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you may as well get the extra leg room seat with free (large) hand luggage for same price as standard seat with added large luggage
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BergenBergen wrote:
@Roguevfr, The lowest fares offered by Swiss and BA are with hand luggage, ie under seat bags only, so its far from uncommon.

Since s/he is on a connecting flight there is no HBO on BA only economy plus. @Roguevfr also Easyjet don't fly on the days of the bash (Assuming it is the BB.... off to check).

Note KLM is an option and I find them good but the cabin weight limit of 12kg is a pain.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
short arms, deep pockets?
the baggage change is smoke & mirrors not to put the cost onto initial flight prices.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe I’m a wally, but what is the bash?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MaxiD, a Bash is a holiday in a snowy place for Snowheads. The Bash being discussed here is either the Pre Birthday Bash (PreBBWUW9, Alleghe) or the Birthday Bash(Arabba) it’s self. See the Snow Events thread. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks!! See you in Arabba! Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy