Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cold weather jacket for teen girl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

My daughter (14) has a trip to Canada (East Coast) in February, assuming all is open by then. I understand it will be colder than our usual trips to the Alps and she needs all new gear, so I'm wondering what brand jacket to go for. As kids they always had Dare2Be stuff but I'm not sure if she will need something more technical/ warmer. She is quite keen on Burton and Roxy - any thoughts there?

thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm surprised Burton/ Roxy (Quicksilver) are popular with kids, but I'd certainly take the wearer's
views on what they will enjoy wearing pretty much as the most important thing.

Burton produce a range with different features/ durability/ price points. The most
fashionable stuff is the least durable and technical and cheapest.
They have had some inconsistencies in sizing in recent years which
can be annoying. Their support is rumoured to be good.

More expensive stuff is often more breathable/ uses more expensive down. Most people will
not really perceive any difference. Layer up and spend the money on brands for the bits people will see.
Decathlon leggings are way cheaper than Lululemon and no one will ever know.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Buy the jacket slightly big and get a Uniqlo light down jacket as a mid layer.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snow and rock have some bargains

https://www.snowandrock.com/lister.html?q=ski%20jacket%20women

My daughter got three to “try on” she ended up keeping two! Be warned Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Always worth looking on sportpursuit.com for a bargain too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
philwig wrote:
I'm surprised Burton/ Roxy (Quicksilver) are popular with kids

I’m not sure why this would be the case, they seem to be exactly the market these brands would appeal to, especially Roxy.

We’ve had some Quiksilver gear out of their more technical Travis Rice series and thought it was pretty good stuff and not unreasonably priced.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy