Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon QST 85 vs. 92

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow skiers,

I'm debating between purchasing the Salomon QST 85 and 92. I'm a 5'11, 140lb, intermediate skier (mostly blues + easy blacks) on the West Coast (Tahoe is my home mountain). My skiing style is more cautious (slower with lots of turns) and I mostly ski on-piste, though I'm starting to venture off-piste more often (esp chasing powder).

Any advice would be appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @mark.5118,

Welcome to snowheads. I don't own either of those skis, but having had a quick look at the Salomon website, if i was you, i'd go for the 85. Reason being, why ( possibly ) compromise what you do "mostly" by going for the extra width to benefit something that you do less of.

Solid technique will mean that you will still be able to ski the narrower ski in deeper snow anyway Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm with @Timberwolf, in that I'd go with the 85 - especially as you are light, so the extra surface area is less important.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've got the 92's but are not good on firm/hard packed piste. I think the narrower ones would be better if mostly piste skiing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy