Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

On really nice kit that you never use ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a few things that I really like, in principle, but never use ...

I have a Patagucci R4 jacket (basically an R1 bonded to an R2 with a windstopper layer in between...) it is quite a lovely thing to regard but

1. I am sure it is a size too big, despite my (smaller than me) wife using it from time to time

2. It is just too darn hot for any sensible use.

I also have a (?) 240 weight Icebreaker sweater, which is also a thing of beauty, but seriously? I could walk to the arctic in it and not feel the cold. I don't run hot. It's the sort of smart-ish mountain zip up that one could wear to the Albert 1iere for a fine post lockdown troughing but how sweaty?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We got given some very high end Motorola headsets to try out when teaching blind skiers and both the clients I taught using them hated the experience. "I feel like Im skiing around wearing a divers bell helmet" was one comment. Must be in my attic somewhere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
not kit related
but I have a very nice harmont and blaine winter coat that I have never had the opportunity to wear.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tend to end up with a lot of down and Gore-Tex jackets from previous seasons which are brilliant bits of kit and almost never show any wear... but they can't be worn at the same time as the newer stuff. My local charity shop therefore gets fairly regular drops of the sort of gear I'd have worked half a year to buy when I was younger... Possibly we may have the best dressed tramps in the country. Or the kids of the people in the shops maybe do quite well. Probably both, as last season's Sorrells probably aren't a lot of use in the Fens.

Whatever, there's no point in hoarding stuff you don't use wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aside from the various safety related items that sit in my pack and I hope never to use.

On a whim I bought a pair of Black Diamond Cobra carbon ice axes around 10 years ago. They are technically brilliant and things of beauty, but so far they have never been near ice. I also have the matching protectors and leash Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sadly, all my kit falls into this category this season.. Eh oh!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy