Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees Snow Report 2020-21

Poster: A snowHead
Well the crazy year continues with the first day of skiing in the Pyrenees on the 17th of October.

The resent snow fall was too much to resist and the ski touring gear was dug out.

A quick dash down the motorway to Ax-Les-3domaines and we were skinning up right from the start of the pistes.

The snow cover was thin lower down, but encouragingly getting thicker as we climbed.

By the time we’d reached the top of the resort there was fresh light powder to be had.

2 really good pitches higher up, but as we descended the sun had been working hard on melting away the cover.
Lower down it turn into cow pat slalom and eventually skis off and hike down.

Still the earliest skiing we’ve had in the Pyrenees.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks nice, there are a few ski clubs from that way training here atm. Certainly seen kids from Font Romeu where I've skied.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They just announced that movement restrictions for Catalonia will end 21 December, so now we just need snow!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well one good thing about being in lockdown I'm not concerned about the complete lack of snow.....

.....yet Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I see from webcams that the snow cannon have started in Grandvalira.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well it's snowing!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
oh yes it did didn't it! El Tarter not great but Soldeu looking good.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masella looking good https://twitter.com/MasellaPirineu/status/1333105084985696256?s=20

More snow forecast in the coming days

I read that Andorra is looking to temporarily become part it's neighbouring Catalan community, Urgell, which would allow Spanish to enter/exit without PCR tests etc...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Soldeu and Pas de la Casa looking quite good on the webcams, I guess they had a bit more. El Tarter and Grau Roig still have long grass showing, Encamp not as white as it should be.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BB, Spain.

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
V promising, now they just need to open !

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mrvinegar wrote:

I read that Andorra is looking to temporarily become part it's neighbouring Catalan community, Urgell, which would allow Spanish to enter/exit without PCR tests etc...

That one has been killed off.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://www.catalannews.com/sports/item/ski-resorts-to-gradually-reopen-from-december-14
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On webcam, El Tarter had at least two of the upper lifts running this morning, and a line of 10-15 skiers. Patrol training?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Orange200 wrote:
On webcam, El Tarter had at least two of the upper lifts running this morning, and a line of 10-15 skiers. Patrol training?

Slalom training IIRC.
ski holidays
Andorra resorts now opening 2 Jan.

A lot of us has been out on the pistes on ski touring gear. Somes pistes are well prepared ind waiting for general lift opening.
latest report
ysb33r wrote:
Andorra resorts now opening 2 Jan.

A lot of us has been out on the pistes on ski touring gear. Somes pistes are well prepared ind waiting for general lift opening.

Good! Some snow forecast in the coming week also...
snow report
Weather report said it was going to do about 3cm. Looking at the table outside (here in Arinsal) I reckon we got near 10cm already and it has not even stopped snowing yet.
snow conditions
It seems that Grandvaleria is opening tomorrow for locals. Then a week later for everyone covid permitting. Be interesting to hear what the snow is like as it looks great from the webcams.
ski holidays
Looks like there may even be a way to enter from the UK, as they accept UK citizens with Negative Covid Tests
snow conditions
pieman666 wrote:
It seems that Grandvaleria is opening tomorrow for locals. Then a week later for everyone covid permitting. Be interesting to hear what the snow is like as it looks great from the webcams.

Skiing conditions have been good at El Tarter yesterday & today. I was at Pal today and conditions were not to bad at all. Buffs are acceptable as masks on the lifts, but you need a proper mask to enter resort restaurants.
latest report
Alas it seems the latest restrictions announced today in Catalonia mean no going to the Pyrenees for a few weeks at least...
snow conditions
@mrvinegar, it feels like a real facepalm day.
snow report
That's a shame bit understandable. Conditions look good on the cams I feel sorry for all the people whose jobs depend on skiing there Sad
snow report
ysb33r wrote:
@mrvinegar, it feels like a real facepalm day.

Yup, inevitably it'll snow now for the next 3 weeks!
snow conditions
Well it's freaking cold in Lisbon this week. In my totally superficial experience, that weather takes 2-3 days to move across Spain, so it might be cold in the mountains from about today onwards? (That usually means too cold to snow, but bright sunshine with nothing melting...)
snow report
Yeah it seems to be baltic cold but not showing as much as you'd expect...Lots of snow in Madrid and the interior of Valenica though...
ski holidays
Does anyone know if asking in Andorra is opening up to noon residents tomorrow. No I'm not going just interested
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No. Locals only until the beginning of Feb.
https://www.grandvalira.com/en/conditions-opening-season-2021
latest report
Thanks @mortonia, it's understandable but such a shame for the people who earn their livelihood from the mountains.
snow report
mrvinegar wrote:
Yeah it seems to be baltic cold but not showing as much as you'd expect...Lots of snow in Madrid and the interior of Valenica though...

Wow yes, La Covatilla seems snowy over the last week or so.
http://www.sierradebejar-lacovatilla.com/Webcams/debutantes-1.html
snow conditions
Good snow conditions in the Pyrenees at the moment.

I've had some excellent touring days in various different locations in the French Pyrenees.

Pic du Midi
Pic-Du-Midi-small

Ariège - Mont Ceint
Epic-Turns

Further restriction announced in France last night, Spain and Andorra still for locals only.
Looks like having to continue to earn those turns for the time being.
snow conditions
Quite a few people touring up the Crète de la Pègue in Grand Tourmalet.

Cre-te-de-la-Pe-gue-1-Small

Cre-te-de-la-Pe-gue-9-small

Cre-te-de-la-Pe-gue-2-Small

Cre-te-de-la-Pe-gue-3-Small

Cre-te-de-la-Pe-gue-5-Small

Cre-te-de-la-Pe-gue-4-Small
snow conditions
mortonia wrote:

Further restriction announced in France last night, Spain and Andorra still for locals only.
Looks like having to continue to earn those turns for the time being.

I've noticed a couple of French plates at the Grandvalira resorts. Apparently no residence checks are being performed.
snow conditions
A proposal to declare "white days" in February when people can go skiing...Seems unlikely but you never know...

https://www.ccma.cat/324/dies-blancs-per-esquiar-fora-del-confinament-el-pla-dempresa-per-salvar-les-pistes/noticia/3072899/
latest report
If you are in Catalonia or fly in can you stay and ski Catalan resorts?
snow conditions
Peter Ross wrote:
If you are in Catalonia or fly in can you stay and ski Catalan resorts?

No , unless you live in the immediate area of the resort
snow report
So that really messes up the local economies, hotels are open or they or closed? But if only locals can ski, hotels even if open will be nearly empty I assume.
ski holidays
Very true but it's what is happening. Andorra have partially opened the lifts but only for residents. Check out the webcams during the day and you can see a few people on the slopes
https://www.grandvalira.com/webcams-de-grandvalira
The snow looks good and they may open the slopes up to others from next month. If it would be possible to travel from Ireland out wherever you are to there to ski is a another question that I'm not qualified to answer
snow report
pieman666 wrote:
Very true but it's what is happening. Andorra have partially opened the lifts but only for residents. Check out the webcams during the day and you can see a few people on the slopes
https://www.grandvalira.com/webcams-de-grandvalira
The snow looks good and they may open the slopes up to others from next month. If it would be possible to travel from Ireland out wherever you are to there to ski is a another question that I'm not qualified to answer

They don't check residency when you buy a ticket. It's a matter of getting here. I am not sure about those logistics. The French border is open, but not the Spanish one.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy