Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Most easygoing Cheater Skis or alternatives

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Twenty years ago I skied on a Rossignol 9S. Now, older and ten years post injury I’ve started skiing again. I’ve only skied eight gentle days in the last ten years but have finally been given the all clear to ski the ginormous local fridge three times a week.

I have a pair of Blizzard Black Pearl 88s which I love on the mountain but I’m on a foam core Dynastar Intense 10 (I asked for something cheap and easy) in the fridge. I tried a pair of old Volkl SL skis for one run on a mountain a few weeks ago, loved them but was exhausted and could barely drive them by the end of the run (still rehab training post injury). I definitely do feel I want a bit more stiffness in the tail than the Dynastars though and they’re starting to chatter a bit at speed.

So am wondering whether to get the Intense 12 (or similar) or a cheater SL/RC ski? Am just doing drills and the occasional biweekly slalom in the dome.

Has anyone tested any cheater skis recently and can advise which were the easiest going (for lazy injured people) or alternatively any small radius Womens’s piste skis?

Thanks Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dynastar Cham 87, very easy ski. Bloody useless if you push em hard or fast but they won't give you a hard time all day on the piste and will save you if you stray off it or in a spring afternoon when it gets slushy.

Idris Lynx - same as above but can be pushed harded without noodling out (they are only stiff in torsion), but pricy compare to Dynastar
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Snowmonki, If you are skiing slalom indoors then you could look at junior slalom skis in the longest lengths, I'm guessing you are female from the other skis you mention, they are a fair bit cheaper than adult skis.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see a lot of women on the head rebels I-SLR. Although I can’t vouch for them personally as I’m on atomic; a friend of mine loves them. These head skis have a very tight radius and are fun for the dome. There’s another model head e-original which looks potentially softer with similar specs.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Snowmonki, for inside the fridge or on a mountain?

Inside a fridge I would think you really want a race-ish sidecut and width - and you certainly won't need a powder ski.

I think @rjs is probably 1. well placed to advise and 2. makes a good call.

In the real world however, then it's a different ball game.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. Despite being female I am 172cm and 75kg so I’m not sure a kids ski is going to be ideal.

I have my Black Pearl 88s for the real mountain this is just a piste ski for the fridge and occasional glacier visit.

I’m not skiing slalom, possibly the occasional GS (our fridge is quite big) but mainly doing drills, working on my own skiing and potentially demoing drills.

Someone has suggested the Rossignol Hero Elite ST Ti.

Does anyone have any experience with these please?

My main concern is I don’t want a ski which has to be driven 100% all the time. If I’m trying a new drill and I get it wrong I’d rather not end up in my back bottom! A lot of the things I am working on are drills which are done slowly. And due to my current fitness level I do sometimes end up in the backseat so need a ski which will be forgiving in this instance.

However my current skis (Dynastar Intense 10) just feel a bit bland.

Thanks again for any suggestions.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy