Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello! Nice to meet you all!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello everyone here! I've been reading lots of posts and you all sound lovely! So I'm hoping you can give me some advice!

My partner and I are planning a trip sometime in 2010, dates arent important, although January seems to be a cheaper month to go(!), the only thing is we went to Romania in january this year, and the week before we went in rained, and we learnt to ski on ice in the rain! So were a bit nervous as to where the best place to ski is, as that was our first skiing trip. Although it hasnt put us off!!! hehe!

So advice on the best places to go for around 500-600 pounds each, half board close to the slopes (not necessarily ski in, ski out), transfer time less than 3 hours, and who would you book through? We went with Neilson this year.

I'm a little nervous about L2A after reading some of the reviews on here!!

Any advice would be great! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
seahorse, To be honest most of the big resorts will provide a lot of varying terrain as long as you look them up on the net first and know which runs and lifts you are looking for.

Welcome to the gaff by the way Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
seahorse, welcome

Quote:

why.. ??

Having said that, you should go to Austria... typical alpine villages and reasonable priced hotels for an all-round skiing holiday experience..generally speaking.

With the one week under your belt you needn't look for a big lift-linked area...

but should you want a largish domain you could look at Soll/Ski Welt, St Johan, Westendorf as starters IMV
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
seahorse, Welcome to Snowheads!
I can't give you much advice on where to go as I just started skiing at the beginning of last year and have only been to Whistler and Saas Fee but neither of those are cheap (unless you so as I did and go to Whistler with Virgin with the support of Tesco Clubcard vouchers!). I'm sure you'll get lots of people who can give you advice and hope you enjoy whatever you do.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
seahorse, welcome to snowheads. It would be bad luck to have rain in January in one of the major Alpine countries, though you can never be 100% sure of weather anywhere. Later in the month is better than earlier, from the point of view of chance of good snow cover, but also a bit more expensive. Well done for not being put off skiing for life by learning in the rain on ice. Shocked

I'd agree with JT that you don't need a big area - and you'll be paying for stuff you don't need. A smaller Austrian resort sounds ideal - you'll probably have plenty of suggestions but remember that the single most important factor is probably the quality of the ski lessons you have. There are some very good outfits that do lessons with small groups - heaps better but also more expensive. Quite a lot of them are in France. Les Gets might be worth considering - the British Alpine Ski School there (also in Morzine and other places) would be good.

As for who to book with..... it's rather pot luck, but plenty of people here have generally found the smaller firms, such as Ski Olympic, to provide better service and better value.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
seahorse, As others have said, welcome.

For second week skiers, I think one good place (among many!) could be Neiderau in Austria. It should be well within your budget, and the ski schools there are very highly recommended. It is about a 90 minute transfer from Innsbruck, and both of the big UK TO groups (TUI and Thomas Cook) go there.

It isn't an extensive area, but you probably don't need that (and it will be as big or bigger than whichever Romanian resort you went to).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was a little nervous about L2A because I'd noticed people saying it was a bit rowdy there just after New Year, that was all!

Thankyou for your suggestions! I think I'll look into booking last minute so that I can check the snow reports before I go Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney wrote:

It isn't an extensive area, but you probably don't need that (and it will be as big or bigger than whichever Romanian resort you went to).

We went to Poiana Brasov...and about 3 runs were open due to the rain!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I spent £600 total on a week in Sainte Foy this year (last week in January) and had an excellent week! www.whiteroomchalet.com is where I stayed (actually run by a snowhead-stevomcd), Ionas brownies are ridiculously good. We didn't wait in a lift queue all week either, the fact it is ski in ski out is just a bonus Very Happy

If you want to know more on it let me know..
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
seahorse wrote:
hello everyone here! I've been reading lots of posts and you all sound lovely! So I'm hoping you can give me some advice!

My partner and I are planning a trip sometime in 2010, dates arent important, although January seems to be a cheaper month to go(!), the only thing is we went to Romania in january this year, and the week before we went in rained, and we learnt to ski on ice in the rain! So were a bit nervous as to where the best place to ski is, as that was our first skiing trip. Although it hasnt put us off!!! hehe!

So advice on the best places to go for around 500-600 pounds each, half board close to the slopes (not necessarily ski in, ski out), transfer time less than 3 hours, and who would you book through? We went with Neilson this year.

Any advice would be great! Very Happy
Hi welcome to snowheads,i think you should try Avoriaz in France,we went there in Jan 09 staying in the catered challet Violette,through crystal ski the challet was great,good food ski in ski out,the snow was the best i've seen in europe.Youcan ski into Switzerland which was quiet,with a vast ski area.Village is nice with good bars and cafes,also a cinema.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy