Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EPIC Pass - 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
Email from WhistlerBlckcomb with 20% reduction on 21/22 passes.
10 day restricted pass for Easter 2022 (not classed as holiday for restriction coming out at CA$631 approx £366 per adult. Less than £40 a day.
Am I missing anything beyond have you added taxes and will you be able to travel in April 22?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm of mixed opinions as to whether this is a good thing.
Yes, my season pass will cost 20% less which is nice, but I assume Vail are doing this because they think they will sell at least 20% more, and a big chunk of those passholders will probably have Whistler on the radar?
Not sure what the break even is now, but I guess you don't have to do many days now to justify the season pass - remember it typically also has other perks associated.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rinky75 wrote:
... and will you be able to travel in April 22?

Now, there is a question! Not sure an Epic pass thread will deliver the answer.
My answer: I sincerely hope so!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There's no advantage to buy early. So just wait till Canada opens its border before buying. No need to "guess" anything.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
abc wrote:
There's no advantage to buy early. So just wait till Canada opens its border before buying. No need to "guess" anything.

Unless that happens to be after the cutoff date for buying an Epic Pass of course Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The new prices for epic pass offer some amazing value. Plenty of single euro resorts season pass are going to cost more than the full epic pass next season. Who said skiing in North America is expensive?! wink

Quote:

a big chunk of those passholders will probably have Whistler on the radar?

Yep, Whistler could be rammed next year.

Quote:

10 day restricted pass for Easter 2022 (not classed as holiday for restriction coming out at CA$631 approx £366 per adult. Less than £40 a day.

Don't forget lake Louise spring pass. This year it was $449 for unlimited skiing from march 22 until may 2. Less than £7 per day if you can do them all, or £26 per day over 10 days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Unless that happens to be after the cutoff date for buying an Epic Pass of course

Yep, I think at some point they do some price rises too. So for the very cheapest price you do need to buy earlier than later. Exactly how early and how this corresponds to Canada opening we shall see.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boarder2020 wrote:
Quote:

Unless that happens to be after the cutoff date for buying an Epic Pass of course

Yep, I think at some point they do some price rises too. So for the very cheapest price you do need to buy earlier than later. Exactly how early and how this corresponds to Canada opening we shall see.

That's real silly!

Vail didn't raise the price of the pass till something like August in years pass. And then only by like $20. But if it's all that important to save that small amount by taking a big risk of the Canadian border not being open, be my guest.

That said, I've noticed for a while now, this site is populated by a large share of people who want to book "something" as early as humanly possible. So come hell and high water, they'll book something! Too bad Vail doesn't oblige by setting an early cut off of their pass prices. There goes the excuse to book soon rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@abc it's not silly it's a fact. For the cheapest price you have to book earlier, at some point the price will go up, and at some point the pass will stop being sold.

Of course if it's only going to be $20 it would be stupid to buy early but there is no guarantee about that. I'm not sure previous years price hikes are relevant to next season when they've clearly started with a very low price, way below their competition. They could increase the cost $200 in August putting it back to last season's cost and it would still be competitive and good value. It will be interesting to see what they do.

Of course I'm not suggesting buying a pass now, or even before the border opens. I'm still not convinced Canada will be open for the start of next season and suspect I'm going to miss out on getting an early bird season pass (not epic) for the exact reason that I won't buy a pass before the border is open.

Quote:

Too bad Vail doesn't oblige by setting an early cut off of their pass prices. There goes the excuse to book soon

Isn't that exactly Vails model?! Charge $200+ per day for individual lift tickets pushing everyone into buying an epic pass by November? The Vail model is book early or get ripped off.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
boarder2020 wrote:
The new prices for epic pass offer some amazing value. Plenty of single euro resorts season pass are going to cost more than the full epic pass next season. Who said skiing in North America is expensive?! wink

Laughing NehNeh
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm hoping that Ikon has to respond now - then I might be tempted to get both! snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boarder2020 wrote:
@abc it's not silly it's a fact. For the cheapest price you have to book earlier, at some point the price will go up, and at some point the pass will stop being sold.

Of course if it's only going to be $20 it would be stupid to buy early but there is no guarantee about that. I'm not sure previous years price hikes are relevant to next season when they've clearly started with a very low price, way below their competition. They could increase the cost $200 in August putting it back to last season's cost and it would still be competitive and good value. It will be interesting to see what they do.

"At some point", the snow will melt!

They could increase the price by $1000!

It's a ski pass. Not the freaking stock market!

Oh yeah, Vail could go bankrupt before the start of next season. There goes your "cheapest" pass money!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@abc,

Its not a bad assumption. I've not paid too much attention to how Epic prices change as I normally get it early, and last year I had a student WB one which never had an extra early bird discount anyway I believe. However IIRC in pre-Vail days, WB passes were quite a bit cheaper until about April/May time, then went up a decent chunk, then again towards the end of the year

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 25-03-21 2:39; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@abc relax NehNeh like I said I certainly wouldn't buy one now or suggest anyone does. Don't get so worked up about something nobody is doing.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
abc wrote:

Oh yeah, Vail could go bankrupt before the start of next season. There goes your "cheapest" pass money!

or $49 of it in that event, because you can lock in the price and pay the rest in September/October. wink
snow report
stuarth wrote:

or $49 of it in that event, because you can lock in the price and pay the rest in September/October. wink

That $49 is a commitment. You're on the hook for the rest come September. You WILL be charged the balance at that point. You can't back out of it just because you change your mind.

That said, if the border is not open, I think Vail will refund your money, just like this year. Be careful though, if the border is "open", but requires a 2 week quarantine, Vail will NOT refund your pass. Again, just like this year.
snow report
boarder2020 wrote:
@abc relax NehNeh like I said I certainly wouldn't buy one now or suggest anyone does. Don't get so worked up about something nobody is doing.

All those information are available online with a tiny bit of effort. Yet people prefer to put out wild speculations instead.
snow report
@abc a quick browse of the epic site doesn't seem to mention anything about price increases or even when they will stop selling them. I suspect the date varies depending on sales. I've certainly had "tomorrow is the last day to buy your pass" followed by an email the next day "we are extended sales a further 2 days" emails in previous years.

Nobody has suggested people buy passes now, anyway.

Although I expect to be in a situation this year where the Canadian border will be closed and the early bird lift pass season pass sale for the resort is ending. The difference in early price and the full price can be around £600 so it's a significant saving. It will be an interesting decision for some - I won't be risking it.
snow conditions
abc wrote:
stuarth wrote:

That $49 is a commitment. You're on the hook for the rest come September. You WILL be charged the balance at that point. You can't back out of it just because you change your mind.

That said, if the border is not open, I think Vail will refund your money, just like this year. Be careful though, if the border is "open", but requires a 2 week quarantine, Vail will NOT refund your pass. Again, just like this year.

I think you said (please scroll up to confirm), "Vail could go bankrupt", in which case I presume you would not be on the hook for it if you are getting nothing in return?
Seems rather unlikely since they even managed to do ok this year.

But anyway all hypothetical - didn't realize this would cause such a fuss - just was pedantically pointing out that there will be some point where there is a cutoff. Bit moot as it's a long way off and if we still don't have borders open to the UK, then we have other things to worry about.
snow conditions
Quote:

But anyway all hypothetical - didn't realize this would cause such a fuss

Precisely because it’s hypothetical which I love to argue about! The “fuss” is the entertainment.

Apologies to those who may be looking for information Wink
snow report
Another wildly unrelated data point.

Just received an email from a kayak symposium organizer in Canada. The event scheduled for September is now cancelled because they don't foresee being able to get their international coaches into Canada.

They've now changed the event to cater to local "those who can get there". Sad

(the email was very specific on that. but I doubt they know any more than we do)
snow report
whatever the case , be it epic pass for the extent of resorts or WB pass which represents great value for money , epecially take lessons and dine on mtn with the family , reckon break even would be less than 10 days now
snow report
Quote:

reckon break even would be less than 10 days now

The way the 1 day ticket goes up, it won't be long before the "breakeven" point goes down to 5 days!
snow conditions
I need to get an Epic Pass this year as I’ve got Fernie and Whistler booked for next season (fully refundable if the Canadian border is still shut) but as tempting as this 20% off deal is I think it’s all non refundable not just the $49 down payment.
I’d like to think the border will be open by then though! Shocked
ski holidays
@VolklAttivaS5, I think it's highly likely the Canadian border would open by winter of 21/22.

But then, had you asked me this same question last May, I would have said the border would have been open by winter season of 20/21. So take my optimism with a big pinch of salt. Embarassed
snow report
@abc, I sure hope it’s open for international travellers as I think Canada might be a better bet than Europe the way things are going
With that said it’s 9 months away yet a lot could happen before then
snow report
@VolklAttivaS5, you might want to take a look at this thread: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=154793

I'm not sure a 20% off is worth it.
snow report
@abc, yeah I’m not parting with any money yet
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy