Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intense emotions as skier rescue his brother in an avalanche.

Poster: A snowHead
Pretty intense, include NSFW language — but it all ends happily!

https://www.reddit.com/r/(Oh dear, I'm rather losing my cool - I think I might have wee-weed myself a little bit :oops:)/comments/mb8smi/intense_emotions_as_a_skier_rescues_his_brother/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My word, that was quick. A lot of snow shifted. Great team effort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My god, he was buried deep! Good job there was more than one person digging.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Extraordinarily quick and composed.

Less said about both dropping on the same aspects at the same time the better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
always find these vids very scary.......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Themasterpiece wrote:
My god, he was buried deep! Good job there was more than one person digging.

Yes. Also impressive how they worked as a team.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Modern transponders are a wonderful thing, and knowing how to use them of course. Textbook rescue.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And that is why backcountry skiing is a nope from me.

When I was in uni one of my mates was doing some backcountry skiing and was caught in an avalanche. She was fine, but only 5 out of the 8 in her group survived. Put me off for life.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nice touch leaving probe in and digging down the side of it...... however the skiing part was probably a bit risky, skiing closely together so increasing the load, jumping in, short high energy turns..... the first guy set it off but as a group they recovered well
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ajc2260626, yes I thought that. The video is a lesson in terms of cause, effect, and in this case, fortunately, disciplined and determined team work recovering the situation. I must say I was very impressed by the quality of the transponders. It's been quite a while since I went off-post skiing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Superb
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Impressive speed - but surely it was cut quite a bit in the editing, it couldn't have been anything like this fast.

Yes of course there is some danger off piste, though mostly on steeper slopes, especially for amateurs. But not that much if you are with a good guide. I am more scared on an icy crowded piste where I feel less in control.

I am slightly claustrophobic so the idea of suffocation is particularly scary (as with Covid). However the pleasure and freedom and variety of making the first tracks in powder, often far from lifts and other skiers, is so great it makes piste skiing seem quite dull. And after that the increased difficulty of skiing old, crusty snow and heavy sludge becomes a fascinating challenge...

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 24-03-21 17:46; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowball, old crusty mank is less avalanche prone too Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Intense, but superb reaction and more “i/we love you” than “f” words. Good outcome overall
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The thing that surprised me most was that the snow wasn't as set up as it can sometimes be i.e. it was easy to shovel high volumes fast. Feature of the very quick time to the vic?
latest report
snowball wrote:
I
Yes of course there is some danger off piste, though mostly on steeper slopes, especially for amateurs. But not that much if you are with a good guide. I am more scared on an icy crowded piste where I feel less in control.

Yup. I don't ski off-piste these days. It's worked out for me - but I do recall times when off piste definitely seemed the safer option.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy