Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dog travelling uk to france

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
we will be taking the hound again this year, in past years you would only need to check in when travelling back to uk with the reception for the pet passport to be checked etc, they obviously now have one on the uk side, is this because you now have to check in when travelling ul to france direction as well etc

an anyone tell me as am crossing v early in the morning and would be handy to know as i would prefer to just to drive straight on etc?

cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Speaking from a Jersey perspective, which should be the same as UK, they check the pet passport on your way out now. There wasn't any check on arrival in France, and there was just the normal check on the way back.

I'm guessing you are aware of the other requirements re health certificate if not on an EU passport etc?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@davejsy, we travelled plenty of times with the dog pre brexit so we know the drill coming back which is essentially the same but with different paperwork etc ie the ahic, but do you now need to present to the uk side on the way out or can you just get straight on the train as we could do pre brexit? as i noticed theres a pet reception in the uk now where as there wasn't pre brexit....

cheers
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, in Jersey you had to present on the way out.

Post Brexit if your pet doesn't have a valid EU passport then you will need an AHC.

You also are not meant to take pet food, although we never got checked for this.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@davejsy, did you have to present pre Brexit?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My son traveled from Andorra to the UK and back in November with his dog, he had to check in both way. He has an EU pet passport and was not allowed to board when leaving the UK, until he got a AHC despite being told on the french side the EU one would be accepted.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No - not on outward journey pre-Brexit.

Our ferry company (Condor) also charges, used to only be on return journey, but it is now charged both ways.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

My son traveled from Andorra to the UK and back in November with his dog, he had to check in both way. He has an EU pet passport and was not allowed to board when leaving the UK, until he got a AHC despite being told on the french side the EU one would be accepted.

EU passport becomes invalid if the Rabies jab/booster has been done in UK post-Brexit. I would guess this must have been the case. You need to get any Rabies type stuff done in the EU if you want the EU passport to remain valid, otherwise you will need an AHC.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ajc2260626, when you get to the check in booths at Eurotunnel, if there are dogs on the booking, you are not given a hanger/sticker to go straight to the train, but a ticket to take to the new pet reception area which is at the far side of the services building. There they will check the dogs chip and Animal Health Certificate or EU passport (UK one is no longer valid), and give you the hanger to put in your car. You then head to French passport control and UK border agencies as before.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davejsy wrote:
Quote:

EU passport becomes invalid if the Rabies jab/booster has been done in UK post-Brexit. I would guess this must have been the case. You need to get any Rabies type stuff done in the EU if you want the EU passport to remain valid, otherwise you will need an AHC.

The rabies jab etc was done in Andorra.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Hells Bells, thanks v much, thats what i thought..... we will be there at 5.00 tomorrow morning so am assuming its a 24 hour operation Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ajc2260626, yes I think so.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy