Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are you mental? Then buy these skis!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
https://unofficialnetworks.com/2021/03/03/most-expensive-skis-on-ebay/?utm_source=SNOWBISTRO&utm_campaign=63e63d1154-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_11_14_08_47_COPY_11&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_fa17ff1506-63e63d1154-332447413&mc_cid=63e63d1154&mc_eid=10cc00eb1c

So somebody thinks that because they never used them, these skis from the 70's are worth 10k?
Coincidentally, these are exactly same skis that I first owned - same length 2m07 - I bought them in the thrift store on the American army base in Garmisch, in about 1985... for the grand sum of 20 USD
...but I wouldn't pay that much for them now rolling eyes

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 5-03-21 16:54; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How lovely.

Mind you, our friend in Champoluc was selling brand new Lacrois for €4,400 a few years ago. To the then extant Russian market of course. To his great surprise, when we saw him in January, he'd sold 3 pairs Shocked

I note that new Dynamics are littering up Sanglard's window display at the moment, not cheap at €1,090 Shocked Shocked The GS is quite pretty https://dynamic.ski/en/product/vr-geant/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As they say there’s one born every minute, and somebody may fall for it Very Happy

The skis could be a drugs mule, or similar goods. But the back story seems a bit extravagant for that. There have been cases of apparently valueless items selling for suspiciously large sums on eBay. I can remember seeing a $200 Walmart bike, up for $15,000 that was attracting bids.

Currently in the UK restored 1980’s hot hatches are selling for silly money, with even things like XR2’s selling at £20K plus Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't rate any ad which used "debut" as a verb. Otherwise I'd probably snap them up.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
I wouldn't rate any ad which used "debut" as a verb. Otherwise I'd probably snap them up.

No doubt you'd "snap them up" - given that you have "no budget." wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Merikins are weird when it comes to nostalgia things about their hobbies and interests. You only have to watch an episode or 2 of American Pickers to confirm that. Problem with skis like those is you're relying on a rich old dude (it's always a dude) with more money than need who'll buy them because of some youthful nostalgia factor or to add to a big collection. Then he'll get dementia or die and it'll be bulky stuff to get rid off for the family with a dimishing pool of the similar rich old dudes who'll pay anything like they cost and a bunch of everyone else(roughly anyone under the age of 55 today who'll just laugh)

Or no one will buy unless it's a cover for another transaction as above.

Sidenote: I was once in the charity shop in Vail valley (very good pickings for ski stuff for obvious reasons) and some caretaker type guy came in, grabbed about 6 pairs of used boots and skis more or less at random, plonked down the credit card and left. No checking of sizes or the condition of the skis or anything. I could only assume he was buying for a property owner who wanted his ski store to look like he'd been into skiing for some time or doing some other set dressing type of thing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@admin, goddammit, I had a pair of these in 1985 as well! What the hell was I thinking of binning them? I was just completely sure my Völkl P9s were infinitely superior... I was right of course.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I left Garmisch at the end of Winter, I hitched South to Rome - not much call for 2m07 skis there so I left them on a friend's balcony in Bavaria and never saw them again.
I remember clearly, they were normally the longest skis I'd see all day barring one model that was 210 that cropped up a handful of times.
It never occured to me that this might make them more difficulty to ski - at $20 who's asking questions, right? Looking back, it's a little amazing I got through that season un-broken!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="Dave of the Marmottes"]Merikins are weird when it comes to nostalgia things about their hobbies and interests.

Struggling to get my eyes warmed up this morning. I read that a 'Merkins' Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have a nice, barely used pair of the exceptional Rossignol 7SK mk 2s in my garage and I'd only be asking €5,000 if anyone is interested?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name, I can get a brand new pair of Porsche skis for 1/5 that price. And as for Aston Martin, they come with a ready made car. Try beating that for value.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy