Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bent Chetler Minis for 9YO

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to get some new skis for my 9YO who's starting to compete in IFSA Free riding comps. Spends most time on piste, but loves the trees, powder and steeps.
I have Bent Chetlers myself and very happy with them.

Anyone get their little ones on these, and have feedback?

Also - I'm between 133 and 143 for him. The 133's come to just below the top of his head, and 143 is about 4 inches over - which seems a little big to me - but i'd love him to get 2 seasons out of these.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure how much similarity there is between "grown-up" bent chetlers and the kids ones, though they seem decent enough

My son also competes in IFSA comps and daughter just starting to next year. When he was 9 he was on Volkl Mantra Jrs which were a really good all-round ski. These were pretty common in his club at that age, along with Factions of various kinds.
His coaches were big on skis that weren't too big so resigned to getting new skis every year to keep up with the growing! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks like a big difference between the Bent Chetlers adult and kids, is the kids is Foam core: https://www.evo.com/skis/atomic-bent-chetler-mini-boys
"Densolite Core – A foam core that's agile and dampens vibrations for effortless skiing"

Looks like the Mantra Jr's are wood.

Do you think a foam core is ok?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@tetuanrp, 138 Mantra Juniors? My kids loved these as they are light and very nimble. Son (10) is now on Faction CT 2.0 Yth (145) which is very popular with the young free riders in Verbier but heavier and burliest than the Mantras. My son also loves the Blizzard Rustler Teams (140). Sorry not tried the BC’s but suspect you can’t really go wrong with any of these brands.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Get him wood core skis and don't get more than 2-3 cm above his height. He can still do 2 seasons as being shorter is not an issue for kids in my opinion. My son has the Volkl Revolt Jr, this season it's about 5cm shorter than his height and he can still ski even powder with them, and the Mantra is wider. Volkls are nice and at a good price. I am sure the Factions are awesome, but they are much more expensive, as are Black Crowes. Armada's are also foam core at this size I believe, otherwise once he gets to 140-something skis they are wood core. Line Sir Francis Bacon Shorty is also an excellent free ride choice at 145cm.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tetuanrp,

If he really gets into the IFSA comps, then the cost of new skis every year* will be the least of your expense worries! Madeye-Smiley

*may be more often than that!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One thing to bear in mind - even the kids BCs are much more centrally mounted than the likes of Volkl Mantras. My 7yr old is on the latter and my 10yr old girl is on 143cm BCs. She loves jumps, steeps and trees so it’s perfect for her, but the central mount is an acquired taste for some. I am on BC120 myself and it took me a day to get used to it...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Central mount is the real deal!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boyanr wrote:

For the park maybe.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
boyanr wrote:

What’s the point of centre mounted skis unless you’re riding switch?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
boyanr wrote:

What’s the point of centre mounted skis unless you’re riding switch?

Easier in steeps and trees for me. Can't ride switch to save my life.... Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kooky's daughter is still using her childhood Bent Chetlers off piste and she is now 23 Laughing Laughing Laughing She is fairly small and loves them so much that she refuses to change them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy