Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort transfer Verona Airport to Canazei. Val Di Fassa

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I have just been informed that Crystaski are no longer providing the resort transfer option with their flght only packages 2021/2022. Can anyone recommend a reliable private transfer service for Verona Val Di Fassa? Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Woah --- that is news !!

===================

https://www.flyskishuttle.com/en/

==== Edit ====

Crystal Website still showing Bus transfers -- Where does your information come from?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
albob wrote:
Woah --- that is news !!

===================

==== Edit ====

Crystal Website still showing Bus transfers -- Where does your information come from?

Worth mentioning, this isn't for packages, it relates to flight only bookings, which historically have also allowed you to book a transfer to resort on the same bus taking package skiers. Crystal contacted me today to refund some flights I had booked for March 2021. In anticipation I had already booked flights for January 2022, Manchester to Verona and was told at the time of booking that transfers would be available, but hadn't been loaded on the system yet. This is normal and something I have encountered for the last few years.

Having refunded my March flights I asked about the transfers for next year. I was told that Crystal would no longer be offering transfers with their flight only packages for 2022. At the time I had booked I was told that transfers would be available and because of this, I can cancel my flights with a full refund and no charge.

I don't really want to do this as I prefer the accommodation we have found independently than Crystal, hence seeking a reliable transfer option. There are six of us so car rental would probably cost more than a transfer.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 23-02-21 17:13; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
albob wrote:
Woah --- that is news !!

===================

==== Edit ====

Thanks for the website they look reasonable, albeit when I search on 2022 they are showing option not available, which I presume means too early to book?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mfamily2, as has been said, there's usually a ski shuttle transfer service available between Verona airport and Canazei from this site: https://www.flyskishuttle.com/en/Step1.aspx?aerA=2&locA=6&aerR=2&locR=6

Probably best to contact them directly to see if it will be running in January 2022, if not they can probably fix you up with a private transfer. snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@mfamily2, as has been said, there's usually a ski shuttle transfer service available between Verona airport and Canazei from this site: https://www.flyskishuttle.com/en/Step1.aspx?aerA=2&locA=6&aerR=2&locR=6

Probably best to contact them directly to see if it will be running in January 2022, if not they can probably fix you up with a private transfer. snowHead

Cheers
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@mfamily2, I have just done a 'practice' flight only booking. This is what comes up on the booking page

"..If you plan to take your own skis or snowboard you must pre-book ski carriage to guarantee they can fly with you. Boots need to be carried as part of your standard luggage allowance.

Give us a call after you complete your booking to add on extras like airport lounges, pre-bookable seating and resort transfers.
Resort transfers
If you book a resort transfer, the coach will drop you at a central point in the resort, not at your specific accommodation. If it is possible to drop you at your accommodation, then the Crystal rep will let you know when you get on the coach.

Ski carriage is available on this flight.
You can add ski carriage once you’ve completed your Booking..."

Seems that transfers are available ! :: Maybe you should wait a little bit and try ringing again ?

+++++ Note -- the website is not always up to date!!! ++++
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@albob, You are quite correct that is what it says and yes I will try again. I asked several times today and got the same response that they had made a conscious decision not to provide them. I don't know if anyone on here works for @crystalski who can confirm, but yes I will persevere as it was always the best and least expensive transfer option.

I would have thought that not providing transfers would only encourage people to look at other carriers, but I will see how it develops and thanks for your input
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
"I would have thought that not providing transfers would only encourage people to look at other carriers.."

Exactly - does not make sense. They have buses taking the other passengers to the resorts, why not stick you on one ??
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@albob, I'll get back on it in the morning NehNeh Let them know it doesn't make business sense. They'll probably thank me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mfamily2 wrote:

There are six of us so car rental would probably cost more than a transfer.

Must say I've always found car rental pretty cheap in Italy , you might find it's cheaper than a transfer if you take a people carrier.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used flyskishuttle last March, Verona to Madonna.
They seemed pretty well organised and we'd use them again.
Had a couple of hours wait for our coach and had to change to a minibus part way.
Didn't use the return as Italy went into lockdown on our third day......

We'd looked at hiring a car and for two of us there wasn't much difference in price.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mfamily2, my experience with Crystal, flight only bookings, is they didn’t usually offer an airport to resort transfer well in advance.

However, if they had spare places on their transfer coach about 2-4 weeks pre-departure, then they sold to flight only clients.

Had many Crystal flights over 10 years or so and always managed to get a transfer too.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Our first trip to Madonna was with Crystal.
Half way back to Verona the rep got a call on his mobile from a flight and transfer passenger asking when she was being picked up.......
We hung around at a services for an hour whilst they tried to sort a taxi but it was too late.

I assume they sorted another flight for her.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Decision appears to be related to unknowns re covid, which may be subject to change as the year progresses, similar to the package chalet options not being available, I presume. I was told to ring back throughout the year as decisions are sometimes reversed. The transfer option with flight only has been available for at least ten years and works well, albeit as per @Sailbad the Sinner, comments about the unfortunate passenger I have always been assured I would be informed of pickup times prior to last day, but always had to ring up and ask. Car rental is always an option, but on the face of it booking direct with the companies at Verona airport with extras added doesn't appeal on a financial or social front bearing in mind the early flight time long drive and nominated driver requirement, than the £800 ish quoted for private transfers.
I will ping an email off to Crystalski commercial however, just to remind them that the transfer service was valued and together with included luggage allowance, the main reason for booking Crystal flights and request that they reconsider now or later in the year.

Thanks for all the comments and feel free to recommend any other private transfer options you may have used or know about.
latest report
Makes sense. They won't yet know if they can run full vehicles, or if say every other seat/row has to be left empty. Running half-full transfers probably already costs them money, so no point in inviting more people/losses. It's also the sort of thing that can change at very short notice, so I wouldn't rely on it becoming available.
snow report
https://www.findtransfers.com/ - try this site. I have used a number of times both for family and mates ski weekends
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy