Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Issues rebooking BA flights

Poster: A snowHead
I have had my outbound flight for Easter with BA cancelled and after announcements last night all hope lost now so rather than letting them rebook me for a later time that day, I decided I will chance rescheduling for 8th August.

If I go via book a flight loads of flights available form Heathrow to Geneva that day but it tells me no flights available when I try and use the “rebooking” link.

If I change to the 7th there are flights offered.

I have tried phoning the phone number but due to high number of calls I couldn’t even wait in a queue it just disconnected me <sigh>

Anybody any ideas how I can get round this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can you not book any date at all after 8th August? It's possible that your ticket expires on the 8th, and has to be used by then. I think it depends on when you made the original booking (tickets tend to have a one-year validity from date of booking). I had this problem with flights for last summer which I wanted to just reschedule to this summer, but couldn't.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it offers me a flight when I accidentally set the out bound date to the 15th (when I want to return) but bizarrely only for LCY flight still none of the Heathrow legs
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I managed to get through to their call centre but it then took 55 minutes to reschedule a cancelled flight from March this year to Jan next year. But then I received no promised confirmation email with booking ref. and e-ticket so no record of flight details. When I called back the next day I got the same imbecile that I had spoken to the day before who claimed there was no Heathrow to Innsbruck flight on the date and time I had booked the previous day!! (It was clearly there on Skyscanner).
I had to raise an official complaint before a very helpful 'manager' sorted everything in five minutes. Grrrrr Toofy Grin I like flying with BA but their customer relations sucks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You just have to keep ringing. Once you get into their queuing system it will get answered eventually. When you dont get on it cuts you off relatively quickly. So just hit redial and the required menu keys straightaway. And repeat.

Do you have any spare kids around to repeatedly hit the keys to get you into the queue ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ster, Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Had the same problem but eventually gave up trying to call and submitted a refund request instead: https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=covidn_refund
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@javindo, that was my alternative!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I wasn't able to rebook my BB flights to next year as no schedule available. I booked them last March. Was thinking about using then for the PSB, but dates weren't confirmed, so opted for a voucher as expecting to rebook very quickly.

I didn't know there was an expiry date on tickets. Sounds like I might have had a problem carrying them over to December anyway.

Doesn't encourage you to book early if you get a much shorter option to change them than somebody who books very late. Puzzled

Flights are available for next Feb, but are 80% more than this year, so decided to wait to see if they had a spring sale like previous years.

No mention was made of any time limits when I took the voucher, but in light of tickets expiring, would expect similar. I will be hopefully using it this year, as long as other Countries get their acts together so we can travel without problems. rolling eyes
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I got through on the phone she seemed to say I wouldn’t be able to rebook for August as it was more than a year from when I booked the flights, despite it being a cancellation situation.

Anyways that made me decide I would just request a refund, managed to find the form on the site to put a request for refund so now I have done so!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was convinced when I booked them it said I had a year flexibility from the date of the flight NOT from date of booking. She was insisting it was date for booking.

Either way darned glad they cancelled that flight!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
A ticket is not the same as a refund voucher. Vouchers aren't constrained by ticketing rules, they have their own conditions attached.

@NickyJ - yes, it's always been date of booking, tho' this isn't always made clear!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
brianatab wrote:

Flights are available for next Feb, but are 80% more than this year, so decided to wait to see if they had a spring sale like previous years.

Have been looking at BA flights for next feb and they seem pretty reasonable to me ca £60 each way with luggage. But, I did notice that when they are first released the price seems to go mad so if it's for early Feb next year worth checking in a few days. e.g. Venice to Gatwick most days Eur 60 with baggage but the last 3 days just released eur350 ! maybe an algorithm thingy as people are booking as soon as available...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got flights for the BB double last year for £80 return, so £60 each way is looking comparatively high. A lot less options as well, so suppose that is having an effect. Suppose the algorithm is working overtime as a lot of people looking at the few flights listed.

Maybe they will increase the number of flights if bookings high and prospects of traveling increase.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I logged on to BA check the Feb half term newly released flights yesterday. Not much change from £600 one way for one person and a bag!! Crazy.
Except City which is cheap by comparison but I assume those flights are at risk of cancellation?
latest report
Cancelled my April BA flight to Geneva (for Saas Fee) last night, received an e-voucher number in minutes and was able to book Innsbruck for January 2022 very quickly. I had to find the princely sum of £5.29 to make up the price for the new flight! So very happy with that outcome.

However, I have two vouchers for a cancelled flight to Jersey from last autumn which I tried to use but the numbers aren't recognised! Will have to endure the customer service telephone line, I fear.
snow report
@LOTA, a "future travel voucher" is a very different beast from "e-voucher". Maybe that's why the numbers are not recognised.
ski holidays
@skimastaaah, thank you, that could well be the reason. It would appear future travel vouchers cannot be redeemed online, which is a bit of pain! Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy