Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pain across the sole of my feet. Please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for help in relation to my ski boots. I have very wide feet and I ended up buying performance boots which were extremely narrow. I'm in constant pain from the sole of my feet which I initially thought was a foot bed problem since I also have very high arch feet. However when trying on high arch insoles it only made it worse.
Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this and would be able to suggest any solutions.
I have had a bunch of work done on my boots and the local intersport has told me there is nothing more they can do.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Raffers, welcome to SHs.

Where are you based?

None of the well recognised bootfitters on here work in any intersport! which is anyway not known for its bootfitting.

oh, and I suffered from pain across the ball of my feet in every boot I had from 1970 onwards until I actually got a properly fitted boot ... probably early 2,000s ...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm based in Saas-Fee
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Similar to @under a new name, I had pain across the ball of my feet, but that isn't a problem with my current boots. I went to a recommended bootfitter (Rivington Alpine) about a 90 minute drive away from me in the UK and they spent a couple of hours selecting and fitting the boots. I know that's not so much use to you in Saas-Fee but I mention it to give an idea of how long it took to properly fit boots to my feet.
If you have recently bought the boots, take them back and see if they can adjust them, stretch the shell, change the inner, add supports inside etc etc etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Raffers, could be mortons neuroma. An orthotic in your ski boot would take up space making the problem worse. If you have a stiff high arch foot you don't need arch support. I think the cause is your wide fore foot is getting squeezed by your boot. This is guess work as I haven't actually examined you. A good boot fitter should help.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
OK thank you for your help
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Raffers, if you can get yourself to Chamonix ... there are three awesomely good shops/fitting outfits here ... not such a long drive
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where in the foot - heel, instep, ball etc??
I had pain in one ball of the foot, generally in the afternoon. Discovered it was the custom footbed pushing up too much just behind the toes. Solved by bashing humpy bit down with a wine bottle. Meat tenderiser would also work.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
colinstone wrote:
Meat tenderiser would also work.

I take it you mean that a meat tenderiser could be used on the footbed, not the foot..... Toofy Grin

(Sorry, I'll get my coat)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy