Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA still not cancelled Easter 2021 Geneva flight?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm sure I've seen some posts that BA have binned their Easter 2021 flights.

Is there a reason why mine are still showing as live? We were due to fly Heathrow-Geneva 10th April, returning a week later.

Over the last 2 weeks both legs have been bumped from the original times by a couple of hours, but still live...

Anyone else?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some flights are still operating, and where possible, BA tries to reaccomodate you on flights that are close to your original time.

If either flight has either a) been moved by >2hours, or b) had a change in flight number, then you can claim a full refund. A change in flight number means they've actually cancelled the original flight you were booked on, and transferred you to an alternative.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers. What I don't get, is that we are not allowed to travel, so why would the flights even be running?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SHAP, plenty of people are allowed to travel for business
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They appear to have cancelled many flights up to Saturday 27 March, but not beyond that. You probably need to wait another couple of weeks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My outbound one on the 10th April has been cancelled (though others still operating on that day) I have put a refund request in as... waiting to hear back
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
@SHAP, plenty of people are allowed to travel for business

Yeah, true. Didn't cross mint mind.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Is there an outside chance that travel restrictions will be eased in April? There are plenty of foreign plates in CH so assume as soon as UK comes off the high risk list the Swiss would let you in - mot sure about the French?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, here we’ve been told earliest May for overseas travel.

Do you think the Swiss will really have us sooner rather than later? We are very keen for to repeat our summer trip but it’s hard to find much info from here and it’s hard to feel positive from our place on the red list. Unlike Spain and Greece I suspect we are not really essential to Swiss tourism and I fear the UK variant and some of the media reports about skiers’ shenanigans (even if they were overblown) could lead to caution?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SHAP, our Zurich flights 27 March out were cancelled quite a while ago. Hope you get it sorted or rolled over soon.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had a BA flight Geneva-LHR booked for 3rd April which has disappeared from their booking pages but I have yet to hear if the flight is cancelled or if they are intending to switch me to another flight. Needless to say, I have no need for it so am looking to rebook later in the year...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For the flights I have for the EOSB (I'm waiting for the cancellation) out of 4 flights 3have only one seat booked.

One has two seats.

Note BA are blocking three rows between economy and biz. So those 18 seats are empty.

I suspect the closer.to the day of departure the flights will go.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skimum1 wrote:
@BobinCH, here we’ve been told earliest May for overseas travel.

Do you think the Swiss will really have us sooner rather than later? We are very keen for to repeat our summer trip but it’s hard to find much info from here and it’s hard to feel positive from our place on the red list. Unlike Spain and Greece I suspect we are not really essential to Swiss tourism and I fear the UK variant and some of the media reports about skiers’ shenanigans (even if they were overblown) could lead to caution?

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. The moment there was a variant called 'British' we were always going to be in for a long wait to get off the naughty list. We'd love to get back to the U.K. for a few weeks in May, but getting back into CH may be very difficult.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers all. Not overly concerned yet, but i would quite like the option to switch them to next Easter.... Doubt that will be an option, but we'll see.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@telford_mike, thanks... feels that way for now doesn't it. I hope you are enjoying your season at least.
latest report
@Skimum1, we are, thank you. The weather’s gorgeous and hopefully things might improve (for everyone) in a few months.
snow report
SHAP wrote:
Cheers all. Not overly concerned yet, but i would quite like the option to switch them to next Easter.... Doubt that will be an option, but we'll see.

Annoyingly with BA once they cancelled mine it wasn’t letting me select the date I wanted to reschedule to despite having flights available according to app on that day. Also Easter flights for next season won’t be available until after you should have flown. I don’t know if it will let you select Feb half term though? As when I was trying they hadn’t been released but I had already rescheduled my EasyJet flights for then.

The lady I spoke to on the phone was saying this was because you have to change them for with. A year of when purchased (that didn’t add up because it was offering me the day before and 6 days after when tried those dates...) however it convinced my to hunt the form out to request a refund.

I could be wrong but you may already be able to request a voucher? I am sure there t&c’s are
saying you can.
ski holidays
@NickyJ, I'll do some digging and keep you posted. On the plus side, Snowtrax may be open in a few weeks....
latest report
I am going to be booking Ellie some sessions as soon as I can. Her anxiety is off the charts again after this latest school exclusions
ski holidays
@NickyJ, Booking opens on the 8th I think...Wierdly, C seems to have gone off the boil totally with skiing, but A is even more up for it than before. I'm sure they will all come good soon. Itching to get sliding though, so end of March can't come quick enough.
latest report
I gave up on the EOSB as 1. I need a meniscectomy and 2. I doubt it will happen and need the week planned with work for rehab post meniscectomy as self employed.

You can claim an Evoucher from BA (need to hunt to find the request page). Use it up to ?April 2023. Mine arrived 2 days after requesting. Added it to the £3K of vouchers I already have.
snow conditions
Might be too late for people on here, but in case not.

If your BA flight is cancelled, your options are a) refund, b) voucher, c) rebooking.

(c) can be the best option - e.g. it might enable you to change a cheap flight (e.g. EOSB) to an expensive one.

In other news, BA only changes its schedule about 2 months ahead, so in theory you can book (very cheaply) a bunch of flights in May that are highly unlikely to run (I doubt City airport will have reopened, but BA still allows you to book LCY-GVA in May). If you were to book them now, the 365day rebooking window would cover Feb 2022 half term. If the flight isn't cancelled, you can of course voluntarily opt for it to be turned into a future travel voucher.

(If anybody wonders why flexible tickets can be 10x the price of inflexible ones, the above might help explain it!)
snow conditions
Update -

Outbound cancelled and offered a flight on the day before. Return cancelled altogether.

Quick call to BA call centre, and full refund sorted within 5 minutes.

Credit where it's due.....
ski holidays
Yay! My refund appeared on credit card, noticed at the weekend it was one card they didn’t actually tell us it was done. Rather that way around
ski holidays
BA have just cancelled my May flights to Germany and re-booked me. They will hold the seats for me on the only flight they have operating, but I`m under no obligation to confirm or cancel and I can have a full refund any time I choose.
snow report
NickyJ wrote:
Yay! My refund appeared on credit card, noticed at the weekend it was one card they didn’t actually tell us it was done. Rather that way around

Yep, all good in the end. Best get booking for next year...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy