Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lunch is for skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Working from Verbier with an hour free at lunch. Quick dash to Medran to gear up. 35 minutes up to mont Gelé and a 9 minute leg burn back into town. Cleared the head Very Happy

Target locked and loaded

Scott Pro team riders - who’s the Red Bull rider?

The remainder of the big slab from a couple of weeks back

Leg burner on the new skis - stiff!

http://youtube.com/v/1zZV6Vd50-M
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, fantastic. Thank you!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dashed out for my lunch hour too - up to the doctors surgery in the village, to drop in a note offering to help out as a volunteer in the vaccination centre, now I've been vaccinated. Not that different, really, but I forgot my camera.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's the deal with Gele? Is it avy controlled? Just some routes? Or fully off-piste.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
I dashed out for my lunch hour too - up to the doctors surgery in the village, to drop in a note offering to help out as a volunteer in the vaccination centre, now I've been vaccinated. Not that different, really, but I forgot my camera.

Haha You get the halo!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boarder2020 wrote:
What's the deal with Gele? Is it avy controlled? Just some routes? Or fully off-piste.

Yes it’s avi controlled. The official itineraries are on the other side down to La Chaux or Tortin but the front side also gets blasted because it drops onto the Attelas piste. It’s a great mountain with endless route variations goating around in the rocks
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
I dashed out for my lunch hour too - up to the doctors surgery in the village, to drop in a note offering to help out as a volunteer in the vaccination centre
Good on you pam w - it's just another world isn't it? And one which just seems unimaginable and unattainable to the vast majority of people on here Confused

Good luck to those who are fortunate enough to be in The Alps at present though - we'd all be doing the same if we could.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’m always perplexed when people recommend towns down the mountain for people wanting to do a season. It was grey and cold below 1500m but bluebird above the clouds. And squeezing in a run like this between meetings is only an option if the lifts are on your doorstep.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

It was grey and cold below 1500m but bluebird above the clouds.

And that is so often the case. We were often very pleased to be up the mountain, in our apartment - if the crowds rolled away, and the mountains reappeared, we could just pop out for an hour or so. Or put the snowshoes on and have a potter around. And the valleys can be horribly polluted too. Driving up off the A40 at Sallanches, and heading up the road towards Combloux and Megeve, it was often thrilling to see the murk disperse and the stars appear.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BobinCH, Looks great, thanks for posting.
Thats the sort of lunch I'd enjoy or maybe not as I'd probably tend to extend it somewhat Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good news (for me) about the new skis @BobinCH, what have you got for me for next season ?? Very Happy

I can't believe I just watched, and even enjoyed, you skiing down all the normal stuff, into the Funi and down the lift.

OMG I miss it SO MUCH Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@BobinCH, Not at all envious, looks fantastic. We should be flying our tomorrow alas .......
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I will be skiing for Breakfast AND Lunch tomorrow. Very Happy No need to rush, but sometimes duty calls!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fingers in ears and I’m not listening!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rungsp wrote:
Good news (for me) about the new skis @BobinCH, what have you got for me for next season ?? Very Happy

You must try the Spoons on a powder day snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy