Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sweet helmet sale

Poster: A snowHead
SportPursuit are selling Sweet helmets, amazing prices, buying a helmet online is tricky, I already had a Sweet helmet so it was easy for me.

Here’s a link you don’t have to use it , I do benefit if you do, https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/C940FD19A77BDC
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@radar, helmet threads always go well on here. They don’t need a sweetener.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@radar, Excellent - snagged me a new replacement MIPS Trooper II, mine had seen some knocks, liner getting tatty after numerous washes, and was really smelly too. Many thanks, been thinking about a new one and at that price too good to miss.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@radar, good call thanks. There’s also some good Smartwool socks and Isobaa merino gear. And the Trollkids ski wear looks pretty good for the youngsters
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Any big headed snow heads having any luck with these? The L/XL size certainly doesn't do it but wondering whether I can squeeze my melon head into an XXL
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks. After trying on many, many helmets, Sweet are the only ones that fit comfortably - I hardly know I'm wearing it. The one I've got is showing its age, the black is starting to show blue underneath in places, so I've ordered a replacement.

I just hope the MIPS doesn't alter the size much. Anyone any experience?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Tom Doc, I had a trouper and now trouper `MIPS. The MIPS is takes up a small amount of room so Ive gone from having the adjustment at 2/3rds pushed in on the back adjuster to less than 1/2 way

I wouldn't worry if you need to use the adjuster but if you are on the max relaxation in your existing helmet and that is tight-ish, then you may want to consider a size up then adjust down.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@GlasgowCyclops, Ok thanks. Should be ok. I'm tempted to order the size up as well and send back whichever doesn't fit, but I think I'll be ok.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Tom Doc, if you order two, which is sensible, pay with Paypal and then you can claim the postage back through them Very Happy

Link to register for free returns https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@radar, I didn't know that, so thankyou. I've already caved in and ordered the larger one too. Not that I mind - I think it's fair enough for me to pay postage in this situation, even more so when I'm buying at such a discount.

I just had a quick look at your link - am I right in thinking that Paypal pays the postage itself? That could work out an expensive way to encourage people to use it!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Tom Doc, yes, you pay the postage and claim it back from paypal, there is a £15 annual limit and you need to register.

Handy when you don’t get free returns
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Arno, As a fully signed up member of the big head club (62.5cm), I finally found a Sweet Protection helmet that fitted when they released the Ignitor II MIPS XXL.

If you can't find what you need, the official www.sweetprotection.com website is offering 15% off your first order at the moment, and they appear to have XXL in stock Very Happy

https://www.sweetprotection.com/en-gb/igniter-ii-mips-helmet/840043.html?dwvar_840043_color=MBGRY&cgid=All-mountain-freeride
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@PowderAdict, 44% off on Sportpursuit at the moment, which I just couldn’t believe, especially as I was planning to replace mine

@Arno, they have XXL in stock, if it doesn’t fit you can always return it, ive never had an issue as I’ve said above pay with paypal for free returns

Here’s a link you don’t have to use it , I do benefit if you do, https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/C940FD19A77BDC
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'd not heard of MIPS. I can do dinosaur. Looks like a good idea.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nice helmets, but both mine and my daughters googles strap has fallen off Sad. Anyone have an idea on how to fix it?
ski holidays
@Lilledonmarco, If they are under 2 years old, and did really fall off rather than come off - say - being used as a tow rope while pulling someone along on a sledge - then you should probably get in contact with the Customer Service team at Sweet direct. I doubt there is a fix as the straps are integral to the helmet, but you may get a warranty replacement or a substantial discount on new if its outside the 2yr.
snow conditions
I think its due to the "snap-button" being so tight. I have never had that happen before...I'll reach out to Sweet
snow conditions
My order due tomorrow, great service that!
snow conditions
Seems they no longer ship to CH?
snow conditions
Great helmets, had one now for two years. Genuinely comfy and warm on cold days but with a vent system that does a novel thing and actually works. Annoyingly I parted with much more than that price for a pair of Interstellar Goggles in a sale at the end of last season. Thought I was getting a bargain at the time! Haven't even got to use them. But hey ho.
snow report
PowderAdict wrote:
@Arno, As a fully signed up member of the big head club (62.5cm), I finally found a Sweet Protection helmet that fitted when they released the Ignitor II MIPS XXL.

If you can't find what you need, the official www.sweetprotection.com website is offering 15% off your first order at the moment, and they appear to have XXL in stock Very Happy

https://www.sweetprotection.com/en-gb/igniter-ii-mips-helmet/840043.html?dwvar_840043_color=MBGRY&cgid=All-mountain-freeride

Thats me too. Wanted one for years and was delighted when they finally launched the Igniter. I had even written to them asking them to make a larger size and they had the decency to reply and say they would look at the demand. it took a long time and whilst they didn't write and tell me individually they made it clear the Igniter had been designed with he larger bonce in mind.

I'm going to order another one and store it until such times at the current one needs replaced.. Cant go wrong at that price. I'd doubt we'll ever see them that cheap again.
snow report
@PowderAdict, @radar, @robboj, I've ordered an Ignitor and will report back. Giro used to be the only ones who made helmets big enough for my bonce but other mfrs now seem to competing for the big head $$$ Cool
snow report
Arno wrote:
@PowderAdict, @radar, @robboj, I've ordered an Ignitor and will report back. Giro used to be the only ones who made helmets big enough for my bonce but other mfrs now seem to competing for the big head $$$ Cool

Ordered the gloss white MIPS version of the Igniter. Hope the MIPS system doesn't alter the fit.
snow conditions
My Igniter fits with a little space to spare, so room for a Buff and still some tightening adjustment Cool
snow conditions
@Markymark29, mine’s arriving today, I still have hopes of using it in March

@robboj, I have the igniter with MIPS, you can adjust the size, this will be my second one, I figured after 7 years I should get a new one, gloss white Very Happy

@Arno, I think they are a great helmet.
snow report
The Smith ones in their sale are good as well. I replaced my battered Trooper with a Vantage last year.
latest report
radar wrote:
@robboj, I have the igniter with MIPS, you can adjust the size, this will be my second one, I figured after 7 years I should get a new one, gloss white Very Happy

Yeah I've got the two tone blue Igniter already although its not the MIPS one. Its only a couple of years old so this one will go into storage. As an early Helmet convert I've only wrecked one over the years in action and one came to grief in transit. My previous one was a POC which was good but not in Sweets league of quality. I tend to find the liner and ear pads decay to the point of discomfort before anything is visibly wrong with the shell although it must get brittle or less effective over time too?
ski holidays
@robboj, Mine is still in pretty good condition after 7 years, we ski between 3 and 4 weeks a year, same thought as you that it must get brittle over time.

Can you recycle them?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
radar wrote:
@robboj, Mine is still in pretty good condition after 7 years, we ski between 3 and 4 weeks a year, same thought as you that it must get brittle over time.

Can you recycle them?

Possibly? Never looked into it.

There was a thread on here years ago about an article that had been published allegedly quoting helmet manufacturers claiming that approx 3 years tops was the recommended replacement cycle. IIRC the argument was that usage in extreme cold and/or bright sunshine affected the plastic more than it would for a bike helmet or such. I think we all dismissed it as blatant marketing as it came out just around the time that everyone that was ever going to wear one had by then got one and sales were likely falling off a bit.

Good to hear that the Sweet quality is such that its still going strong at 7 years although I suppose the brittleness factor could be a unseen issue. I'll need to hide my new one to stop one of the boys swiping it.
snow conditions
@radar, found it. My views at the time on page 2

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=102629
latest report
Last few helmets have either been poc or sweet protection and found very little in terms of quality, currently use a SP trooper.

I rarely find that decent gear on Sports pursuit is cheap anymore. Quick Google found a xxl igniter cheaper on amazon by £30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sweet-Protection-Unisexs-Igniter-Metallic/dp/B07VGT7KWX/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?dchild=1&keywords=sweet+protection+ski&qid=1612794580&sr=8-31&tag=amz07b-21

Or a junior blaster in pink for £22
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sweet-Protection-Blaster-Helmet-Purple/dp/B07DJ933Z5/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=sweet+protection+helmet&qid=1612794721&sprefix=sweet+protection+h&sr=8-14&tag=amz07b-21

Or blaster https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sweet-Protection-Unisexs-Blaster-Helmet/dp/B07DHWF7WR/ref=mp_s_a_1_46?dchild=1&keywords=sweet+protection+ski&qid=1612794532&sr=8-46&tag=amz07b-21
snow conditions
Recycling would be difficult due to most helmets being, by design, made out of a lot of different materials, and mostly rigid plastics and foams.

The problem with lifecycle intervals is you have to be conservative, so you go for caution - a 2 week a year person is going to have a longer time before UV effects etc kicks in than a seasonaire.
snow conditions
It's arrived !! The ear-ads and MIPS / Helmet adjustment are a great improvement over my mark 1, far more sturdy, the ear pads in the old one were removable and a pain, the chin strap has been tweaked as well like the magnetic clip. There might even me better padding round the forehead, or maybe mine has just worn out, I can't compare directly has my current one is relaxing in Austria.

@WASHOUT, must be a special on the XXL as the M/L is GBP105 and only in blue which doesn't go with my jacket Toofy Grin

@Richard_Sideways, true, I have checked the Sweet site if there is anything they do but there isn't
snow report
I hated the new magnetic catch to start with but its great now.

Amazon worth keeping a eye on. I picked up a trooper 2 start of last season in ML blue for £35. I also picked up 2x poc auric cut (led light in back) pink for my neices at £22 each just before Xmas which i posted in the bargain thread.
I have a lost interest in sports pursuit now.
snow conditions
@Arno, there’s a Matt black Trooper II MIPS size LXL on Amazon for £115.....
ski holidays
@Markymark29, LXL won't do it for my head - will see how the XXL Ignitor gets on
snow report
@WASHOUT, Some deals indeed but seeing as my heads already grey I don't want to be too matching! Laughing

Have they ever been that cheap before this last few months? Presume this is someone in the retail chain getting rid of stock.
snow report
amazon has its moments for being cheap and there is no logic ie when i bought my trooper for £35 it then jumped to £100 still showing stock. my nieces poc helmets i picked up just before xmas which i would have thought been prime time for selling kids helmets(£22 each). I also picked up my bca float airbag 8 Liter for £40 (no airbag or cannister) but easily switched over from my 32L. i was watching poc photocromatic lenses for a while sitting at £80 and they dropped to £20....

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 8-02-21 23:27; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
If you are after something specific on Amazon then you can use CamelCamelCamel to track prices and buy at the optimum price.
https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/
snow conditions
WASHOUT wrote:
I rarely find that decent gear on Sports pursuit is cheap anymore. Quick Google found a xxl igniter cheaper on amazon by £30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sweet-Protection-Unisexs-Igniter-Metallic/dp/B07VGT7KWX/ref=mp_s_a_1_31?dchild=1&keywords=sweet+protection+ski&qid=1612794580&sr=8-31&tag=amz07b-21

If you check the 3rd picture you can see the sticker (SAMPLE NOT FOR RESALE). It might be a generic image, but sample stuff often turns up at 'It's too good to be true' prices.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy