Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski dad seeks mountain lover

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m a divorced single dad, 41, with two kids at primary school. Starting to contemplate online dating now that lockdown restrictions are easing but it feels like facing a steep mogul field for the first time trying to work out where to start with the multitude of apps available. Obviously I’d like to find someone who shares my love of the mountains and skiing - something that my ex wife was never that enthusiastic about. I’m sure there must be many fellow snowHeads who have faced the same mogul field and can tell me it looks a lot worse from the top or that you just have to throw yourself into it, but I’d be interested to hear any success stories, app suggestions, or anything relevant to be honest.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@davehas, hold out on the skiing requirement! Mrs U and I were both adamant that any partners (my 1st wife was not really a skier) absolutely had to be strong and keen skiers.

We had to do our first ski trip on neutral territory ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

hold out on the skiing requirement!

This. You need someone who likes doing the same stuff as you do for the other 50 weeks a year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But go on the Snowheads family Bash, with the kids...... you never know!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

You need someone who likes doing the same stuff as you do for the other 50 weeks a year

A lot of truth in this. If you are doing 1 or 2 weeks skiing a year I really don't think it's a big deal. I know plenty of couples where only 1 skis and it's simply not an issue for them. The skier does their trip with friends, then the non-skier does their own trip (city break/beach holiday etc.) later on in the year. The issues arise if the non-skier is too clingy to let the skier go away, or the skier tries to force the non skier I to doing something they don't want to. For mature, sensible adults with a healthy relationship you should be ok.

Of course if you want to spend multiple weeks in the mountains it becomes more of an issue. I would say your probability of meeting someone like that through online dating is pretty low though. Most of them have already moved to places where mountain access is easy. Also they tend not to resort to online dating as meet lots of potential suitors through their activities (the ratio of male to female mountain people is massively skewed).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy