Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sad Tale of a Soap Star

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Sad Tale of a Soap Star

Danny Dyer once had to be stretchered down a ski slope after one of his poles skewered his wrist, leaving blood everywhere. Tell us all about it geezer
The 43-year-old star - who plays Mick Carter on BBC1 soap EastEnders - admitted he snubbed ski lessons because he thought he would "pick it up". Like acting eh?

"I got on these f***** skis, didn’t want to do lessons, thought I’d pick it up." ..
Yeahh loads of people think that.

Recalling the incident, he said: "I was going towards cliffs and I couldn’t stop and I felt like Rodney Trotter. Dressed as Robin? Holy bouncing boilerplate!

"I couldn’t stop going towards cliffs but I was going, 'I’m alright,' but just kept going. Those planks have minds of their own!

"I remember going along then just a mouthful of snow, rolling, rolling, rolling and couldn’t find my sticks. That’s one helluva lotta snow.

"What was really f***** me off was kids, 4 or 5, who don’t have sticks because they’re too good at it going past me while I’m on the floor, snow in my ears, jumping over me some of them.
Shouting ‘Allez oop’ I bet

"So I had a tantrum, took the skis off, put them under my arm, walked down the hill thinking I’ll have a few beers - I’ve had f**** enough off this. F**** off.
We’ve all been there mate.

"And I started to slip. So I’ve slipped, and the metal bit of the ski went into my wrist, then there was blood on the snow so I was panicking, holding my wrist, then they put me on a stretcher, strapped me in and skied me down. I was f****** mortified."
Bang goes the male lead role in Chalet Girl II then.

Well, as you once said, Danny… “As a man, there are very few moments greater than watching Match of the Day with a spare rib hanging out of ya mouth” Unless it’s one of your own ribs.

Moral of the story? Even a hard man needs ski lessons.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy