Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Undecided between 2 models for my first skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking forward to finally purchase my first pair of skis.
I have been skiing for more than 3 years (learned from the scratch), have taken numerous instructor lessons and been to Alps (ITA, AUT).
I ski mostly blue and red pistes, however I still don't consider myself as an intermediate, as I still sometimes strugle to carve and too often find myself skidding down the hill, especially on steeper slopes.
I do like well groomed ones and I occasionally struggle on slopes on the afternoons when there are a lot of bumps and areas of deeper snow.

There's a lot of work ahead for me to learn to ski correctly, so I want something that's not very demanding and at the same time - can keep up as I progress with my skills and technic.
Two models caught my eye and the reviews are also promissing - Head V-Shape V6 and Rossignol React R8 TI.
While Head appears to be easier for less skilled skiers like me, I do worry if this ski will be able to keep up, as I advance my skills.
Which one do you think would be a better fit in this case?

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mario84 wrote:

I have been skiing for more than 3 years (learned from the scratch), have taken numerous instructor lessons and been to Alps (ITA, AUT).
I ski mostly blue and red pistes, however I still don't consider myself as an intermediate, as I still sometimes strugle to carve and too often find myself skidding down the hill, especially on steeper slopes.
I do like well groomed ones and I occasionally struggle on slopes on the afternoons when there are a lot of bumps and areas of deeper snow.

(emphasis mine)
Don't be so hard on yourself! That paragraph could be a dictionary definition for 'intermediate skier', sounds like you're doing just fine Smile
Do you have your own boots? - that's by far the best investment you can make in your skiing kit.
As regards skis, maybe add a little information about your weight height etc. What skis have your tried, which did you like? Have you tried either of the skis you mention? Did you like them?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, I somehow think I should have advanced more, after so many effort and time spent on lessons and slopes, but anyway - thanks for the advice - I'll try to take it easier. Smile

I'm 5'9'' (180cm) and 185 lbs (85kg), and I do have the boots - Atomic Magna 110.
I've never tried any of those two skis mentioned above, as there's no such option in the place, where I live, to rent them and try them out before actually purchasing them.
To be honest, I'm still unsure if that's even a good idea to purchase something without trying them out first.

I also unfortunately do not rememeber all the rental models that I've tried during these years.
There was one Volkl model I liked few years back, but once again I'm unable to remember the exact model name.
The last pair I rentend was Head I.SL 2020 but that was an obvious mistake as I was not able to handle them at all.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You really need to rent the skis you're interested in before you buy. Whilst people on here might be able to recommend skis for you, nothing can beat testing skis and finding out which you prefer. Good luck!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy