Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bear on slopes. careful out there :-)

Poster: A snowHead
https://fb.watch/4czlrIl4eE/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Persistent bear
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@GlasgowCyclops, well I know you have previous experience of bears Shocked , do you think it was viewing the skier as food or just wanted to play? Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ha, only a baby. It was obviously curious, but nervous of them. Probably hungry and related humans to food scraps.
If they had just moved to the opposite side of the piste, it would probably have gone past.

That was until the idiot tried to ski away rolling eyes The one thing they tell you never to do with a bear is to run away. Notice how it ignored the group that he passed and followed the only moving person?

Luckily for him it got bored. They can run at 40mph for a couple of miles. He would have run out of piste long before it ran out of breath. Very Happy

I bet he needed clean thermals the next morning though Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink wrote:
@GlasgowCyclops, well I know you have previous experience of bears Shocked , do you think it was viewing the skier as food or just wanted to play? Madeye-Smiley

It looks like a young male so perhaps wanting a play. But these things can really motor but when they come out of hibernation they are a bit sleepy but also very hungry.

The one that attacked me was about 10 feet away when it dived at me but I chased it away. Happy

Apparently that bear is the brother of the one who chased someone in January according to ABC.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Where was this? Was it in North america?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@FrediKanoute, someone on Facebook said it was Predeal in the Prohava valley in Romania.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brianatab wrote:
Ha, only a baby. It was obviously curious, but nervous of them. Probably hungry and related humans to food scraps.
If they had just moved to the opposite side of the piste, it would probably have gone past.

That was until the idiot tried to ski away rolling eyes The one thing they tell you never to do with a bear is to run away. Notice how it ignored the group that he passed and followed the only moving person?

Luckily for him it got bored. They can run at 40mph for a couple of miles. He would have run out of piste long before it ran out of breath. Very Happy

I bet he needed clean thermals the next morning though Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Local ski instructor, distracting and taking the bear away from his pupils. It appears he's encountered them before and from comments remained calm throughout.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Bones, also judging by the way he kept slowing down to wait for it/keep it interested.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@brianatab, not sure which bears you’re thinking of, brown bears can put in short bursts up to 35mph according to google.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
He seemed playful in the beginning by lying in the snow. However when the bear was chased the instructor, I think it had flipped to full on “beer mode”. It got pretty close on one occasion!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One "playful" swipe with its paw and claws could easily separate head from shoulders.

These are NEVER to be considered cuddly and/or playful.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As you go up Kicking Horse on the Gondola you go over Boo's refuge.

https://kickinghorseresort.com/purchase/boo-grizzly-bear/

You juts have to hope the Gondola does not break down over the top when he's hungry.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did a 50k race in the same region (Brasov) a couple of years back. At the start of the race we were given a plastic whistle to ward off bears, but also told that blowing it may attract the wild dogs.

If this chap had been chasing me I may well have won it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rungsp wrote:
One "playful" swipe with its paw and claws could easily separate head from shoulders.

I know, tell me about it Happy
snow conditions
DrLawn wrote:
As you go up Kicking Horse on the Gondola you go over Boo's refuge.

https://kickinghorseresort.com/purchase/boo-grizzly-bear/

You juts have to hope the Gondola does not break down over the top when he's hungry.

if you're lucky he may be out, we were Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Thought this said beEr on the slopes Laughing Laughing
snow report
Running away from a bear. Bunch of wimps Happy

latest report
For the first minute or so I thought it was so cute...

rungsp wrote:

...Back to earth with a bump.
latest report
Reminds me of the time I was involved in Search and Rescue in New Mexico and looking for a lost hunter found some tracks which excited us until they dived under a tree which no person would have done - beat a hasty retreat!
snow conditions
That guy is pretty cool! I'm not sure about teaching the bear to chase skiers though? Bear spray all round!
snow report
[quote="Valluga"]I did a 50k race in the same region (Brasov) a couple of years back. At the start of the race we were given a plastic whistle to ward off bears, but also told that blowing it may attract the wild dogs.

If this chap had been chasing me I may well have won it.[/quote

I did the Transylvania 50k a few years back, started at Dracula's castle in Bran, I spent most of the time terrified as a mother and cub had been spotted around the checkpoints!
snow report
@AllyK, yes I’ve done that one too...great event!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy