Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quicksilver/ dare2b

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,
My name is Paul and im a new snowboarder.
First of all, sorry for my bad english.
I cannot decide between those 2 snow pants.
1 - Quicksilver estate 10k/10k
2 - Dare2B achieve ii 20k/20k

Which one is better ?

Second - im 1.80 , 75kg and average body type, should i buy size M or L ?

Thank you !
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
20k is more waterproof than the 10k
So, being a boarder they will take longer to get your butt and knees wet!
As you are new to boarding, you will be spending a lot of time on both your back bottom and knees!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, but im afraid that dare2b pants is not good enough as quicksilver pants.
Maybe 10k pants from “big” company as quicksilver is better than 20k pants from cheap company (dare2b)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will probably come down to the price. Dare2B is perfectly good gear - Quicksilver is 'Cooler'....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ziboking wrote:
Maybe 10k pants from “big” company as quicksilver is better than 20k pants from cheap company (dare2b)

If you can wait until end of season, then you might get better brands and 20k
If your looking on somewhere like sports direct, i would research the brand and style elsewhere. 20k is usually quite expensive compared to 10k.
20k breathability & 20k waterproof will keep you dry but have very little warmth.

If you can keep your knees dry (or you dont mind wet knees) and get padded shorts (really useful when learning so less bruising) then 10k is good..
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have never used Quicksilver but have loads of Dare2B gear. Their sizing is generally on the tight side so go for L. Your weight and height are very close to mine and I would even consider XL, especially if you want a 'baggier' snowboard-dude look...

Reason I have a lot of Dare2B gear is that I get given it when I work as an official on bike races (branded for each specific race) but I have found the quality really good for a budget brand, so much so that I have actually bought some with my own money too! The waterproofness has been excellent; where they score lower marks is that you get fewer features such as pockets, thumb sleeves, etc. that the more premium brands give you. I have found an easy way to fix that is to wear a gilet (with loads of pockets) underneath. This relates to jackets, obvs., not trousers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr.Egg wrote:
Ziboking wrote:

If you can wait until end of season, then you might get better brands and 20k
If your looking on somewhere like sports direct, i would research the brand and style elsewhere. 20k is usually quite expensive compared to 10k.
20k breathability & 20k waterproof will keep you dry but have very little warmth.

If you can keep your knees dry (or you dont mind wet knees) and get padded shorts (really useful when learning so less bruising) then 10k is good..

Thank you very much mate !
I have got those pants in the same price - (40GBP)
Quicksilver estate 10k/10k and Dare2b absolute ii 20k/20k.
Soo the price isn’t a issue to consider.
I just want to pick the one thats warmer and basically better. Should i pick the 20k/20k ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Ziboking,

If you want warmth, then go for the 10k/10k
the 10k / 10k represents waterproof / breathability.
To make fabric more breathable, usually means less insulation.
So 20k/20k would have very little insulation to allow the material to breath.

I have 20k gear & wear tracksuit bottoms under them. Can still get chilly when stopping for a while!
You could order both & send one back?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Better is a very subjective point. You're probably stressing too much about a pair of £40 pants. Neither will be the very best (brands like Quiksilver are more than capable of slapping their name on basic clothing). I'd go for the20/20 d2b myself as they will be relatively high end in their range. Assuming they are shell/ simple lined go for base layers for warmth.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Over the last few years D2B has improved a great deal on their top end kit. I have been using a 20K jacket of theirs for the last 3 years and I have a top of the range Mountain Equipment Changabang goretex mountaineering jacket hanging up in the wardrobe.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Regatta/Craghoppers/Dare2B brands are under the same ownership
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy