Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - getting to ski school meet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have found so accommodation which is walking distance to the Nyon cable car. I can’t seem to find any ski schools which meet at the top of that lift. How easy / practical is getting across to ski school meet from their? Thinking especially of lesson start times lift opening etc?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it’s group lessons, they all start at Pleney. You won’t be able to get there for a 9am lesson, unless you get the bus from Nyon to Pleney. Possible to ski there from the top of Nyon and get to 9:30 lessons or later.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@doddsie, thank you. That is what I feared.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/morzine-bus-timetable-winter-20.pdf

That link is bus timetable from 19/20, which presumably will be similar next year, all things being well. You'd have to get the E or N bus.
The E bus might be pushing it if your less start at 9, the N bus gets you to the pleney lift slightly earlier.

Alternatively, google maps says a 24 minute walk.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, I think 24 minutes would be summer and not carrying skis!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
j b wrote:
@swskier, I think 24 minutes would be summer and not carrying skis!

Or with children!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Walking distance to Nyon isn’t really easy walking distance to anywhere else.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, Nyon is good as it's generally not as busy as Morzine central, theres a sweet little snow park by the Inferno, a few bits of off piste in the bowl and you can access get across the Les Gets relatively easily from there, if that's your thing.
The downsides of being out of the way are no services (shops, bars , restos, ski school etc..) and depending upon the aspect and exact location of the chalet it can be cold and shady for large parts of the day.
For Morzine fringes I would recommend looking at Montriond / Ardent as well.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@WindOfChange, thankyou
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@NickyJ, we have done it but our flat is next to the bus stop so it is relatively easy. Depending on how many kids take a look at private group? For 3/4 it could work out convenient to have a teacher meet you at the top of the cable car. Our 4 yr old happily does the walk into town WHEN it is at his speed and we aren’t carrying gear - no way would I do it with skis. For restaurants - everyone delivers now, it’s brilliant.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, One option that you could consider, and having the kids might discount it completely, but, we hired our skis from Action Sports on Avenue de Joux Plane, and they have storage to leave your skis and boots there.

You would have to walk right past it to get to the Pleney from Nyon, so a potential idea. Of course, it's still quite a long walk in the morning though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You could just get ski lessons at 11am from Pleney and have a mellow ski across in the morning or private lessons and get your instructor to meet you at 9:05am at the bottom of Pre Favre lift. (that's what we do.) Some days we beat the instructor to the lift, sometimes he beats us after going up Pleney and skiing down. We are always first on the Pre Favre lift though and waiting for it to open. Also has the added bonus off the happiest lift operator in the PDS.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy