Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Zell am See, Kaprun, Kitzsteinhorn snow report 2021/22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Following one day closed, the Kitzsteinhorn was open for skiing again yesterday and I enjoyed a day with super weather there. The snow was generally good, particularly early on when an odd centimetre of fresh snow overnight helped till it was scraped away. There were, however, only few lifts operating, the Gletscherjet gondolas + one Kitz & the Magnetkopf T-bars, not a single chairlift. Luckily there were equally few skiers, virtually no classes or training groups, so it still made for good skiing. The restaurants on the hill weren’t open but otherwise there were few Covid effects. I was able to drive there and back without any check and this time my season pass was accepted at the turnstiles without any further confirmation after having been checked there the week before.

Piste 11 was open down to Langwied and it was probably the most challenging run, with a mix of good snow, scraped bits and soft artificial snow which the snow cannons were pumping out overall.

I have put four photos in a Dropbox folder which I hope I can share here:
[url= https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezdca8aoym5irl7/AABTUoW4emWL7Zn7RlQ9k_OCa?dl=0][/url]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like there is a significant amount of snow coming the Kitzsteinhorn's way.

https://www.bergfex.at/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/wetter/berg/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Certainly needed; I doubt I've ever seen so little snow there at this time of year.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cracking photos. Haven't been to the Kitzsteinhorn in winter since 2011 Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some pics of Kaprun in this thread from 2 to 3 weeks back where the glacier was in a better condition.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157012
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually, I feel that conditions on the Kitzsteinhorn have improved (slightly) in the past few weeks, though maybe the fact that there were fewer skiers around yesterday helps.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
espri wrote:
Actually, I feel that conditions on the Kitzsteinhorn have improved (slightly) in the past few weeks, though maybe the fact that there were fewer skiers around yesterday helps.

Really? There were two big dumps of around 50cm each at the beginning of Nov and the base was around 115 to130 cm (compared to 85cm now).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No doubt you're right. I was more influenced by the fact that there had been a centimetre of snow overnight before Tuesday, which helped the pistes, at least early in the day. The bigger falls were further back. But it looks as though there will be new snow in the coming days.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like it will be an awesome powder day for those who can get to the Kitzsteinhorn this Wednesday.
30cm fresh today and up to 150 cm more to come in the next few days.
https://www.bergfex.at/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/wetter/berg/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Absolutely dumping on the glacier at the moment.

https://www.bergfex.at/kitzsteinhorn-kaprun/webcams/c521/
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
9 lifts open from tomorrow. Conditions permitting.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Austrian Seagull wrote:
9 lifts open from tomorrow. Conditions permitting.

Not before time. It was very restricted (not a single chairlift running) in the past week or two.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
35 cm fresh on the glacier. Maybe enough for offpiste now. Guessing the winter was too strong for more to settle as some lower resorts had 60cm fresh. (Koralpe & some Ski Amade resorts)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy