Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Soll to Kitzbuhel and back in a day

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning to do this during this week. Will we have time to ski a few runs in Kitz or do we have to head straight back?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's been a while and I'm far from an expert on the area, but I seem to remember that there used to be a bus from Westendorf that cut travel time down - that allows for an hour or so in Kitzbuhel.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We did Hopfgarten to Kitzbuhel one-way 2 weeks ago. Took 2 hours to get into the Kitbzuhel ski area (Pengelstein I) and another hour to get into Kitzbuhel town. The bus from Ki-West to Pengelstein runs every 10 minutes so a good connection. We did 45.2km skiing that day one way. Thoroughly recommended trip.

If you are doing Soll to Brixen, the quickest way is via the gondola to Hohe Salve then the black and then red down into Hoch Brixen (otherwise it's a red and two additional chairs).

We don't ski slowly, so don't I think you'll be able to do much skiing in Kitzbuhel f you intend to ski back to Soll. BTW there is a fantastic hut just above the bottom of the Ki-West gondola.

If you want to ski into Kitzbuhel town (and it is worth "doing" the Hannenkahm) suggest a train back to Hopfgarten and then taxi back to Soll. FYI the Blue (22?) into Kitzbuhel from the top of the Hannenkaham was awful 2 weeks ago. I do not recommend it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@halfhand, I think you would be pushing it, definitely need to be on the first lift out of Söll in the morning and you might be better starting from Scheffau via the bus as might be quicker access to the Brixen home run (assuming the black / ski route is not open, not sure it is advisable in any case when I did it there were barbed wire fences to avoid and ditches to cross didnt bother again). If you want more time skiing in Kitzbühel then maybe look at getting a bus on the Kitz/Kirchberg to Brixen section on the way back.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. Based on the above, if we decide to do Kitz, we'll take a taxi and spend the day there. Otherwise, we'll just explore the extremes of SkiWelt. There does appear plenty to cover. Appreciate the advice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@halfhand, we've skied over to Kitzbuhel from Hopfgarten. We got there mid morning. Kitzbuhel isn't very well linked from end to end, so we didn't make it back to where we started on skis, so ended up catching a bus back to the train station and then the train back. Personally, I much preferred the SkiWelt to Kitzbuhel. Kitzbuhel appeared full of annoying flat bits.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy