Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dahu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is the worst pitch I've ever seen...

http://youtube.com/v/eC8o3y7kHAo
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
it skis as badly as his pitch
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Horrible pitch indeed, looks like he doesn't really believe in the product... but gotta say, IF this works, it would be great.
Think about it, we managed to put men on the moon but couldn't get ski boots to be comfortable Laughing . When they are fitted they may not hurt your feet, but that is VERY different from being comfortable.
100 years ago nobody could imagine that ski boots would be made of moldable plastic, it is very interesting to see possible things for the future, maybe this is a start, I'm sure than 100 years from now they will laugh at us like "Yo, my grandpa used to heat mold his boots and stay 2 hours in a boot fitter NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh ".

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 12-08-20 14:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't really get the concern over time with a boot fitter, or the reps comment that most time is spent grinding the shells Puzzled

I know I'm relatively lucky with my feet - but I've had 2 pairs fitted (only even owned 2 pairs!), and never had any grinding.

Both times (2nd at S4Feet) most of the time was spent up front talking to me about my level, type of skiing, aspirations, and any relevant previous injuries. After that most time was spent on moulding new footbeds. A little time was spent on heat moulding the liners, but def less - and very little time on trying boots, as I was only given a couple of options Toofy Grin

I wouldn't want to give up either that discussion time, or the footbeds - it's always been well worth putting the time in for me. And neither of which would be reduced by Dahu boots.

Also, why have I never seen these boots available for demo anywhere? wink Kind of suggests they don't have a lot of faith in the product - if they really believed it was that good, they join in demos that already run all over the place, knowing that the product could speak for itself...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@fixx, I saw a demo pair at a coaching conference at Castleford a couple of years ago, a friend was trying them but I didn't ask how he had arranged that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If the pitch is save an hour or so with a bootfitter to spend it on the hill that's a FAIL. A more honest pitch would be it's a boot for gapers who can't live with the out of box comfort of a regular boot and we don't really care about performance.

The pitch isn't terrible but the whole premise is built on a bit/lot of a lie so its inevitable it comes across as poor.

I think there is massive room for innovation in ski boots to ensure every customer can get a good fit without access to the top wizards in the trade. But everything I've seen of exo boots is that they aren't the solution. I suspect the answer lies in better liners "small" shells and plastics that can be spot "popped out" (like a car dent puller) to customize.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

A more honest pitch would be it's a boot for gapers who can't live with the out of box comfort of a regular boot and we don't really care about performance.

So about 80% of the ski market.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am seriously considering them. I have a pair of Head boots which are fine especially for those days where I know I want to push it.

I also know that with 3 kids aged 10 and under, I am going to be spending a lot of days on green blue slopes and standing around. I would prefer to be comfortable as performance is not an issue.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Quote:

A more honest pitch would be it's a boot for gapers who can't live with the out of box comfort of a regular boot and we don't really care about performance.

So about 80% of the ski market.

Yep it's a big market so why not address it directly and tap it without the BS of "high performing" " so you can spend more time on the hill" etc etc?

Well there's the teensy problem of the legacy of decades of aspirational ski marketing to convince everyone they were unique flowers with Killy level skills and needed GTI skis and bright red boots. Plus I suspect the actual reality that a showroom comfy boot isn't necessarily comfortable or responsive once on the hill.

Personally I'd go for "Yeah your so-called expert friends will diss them but your feet will be comfy so feck em" as a strapline wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd probably go for "The truely comfortable ski boot" as a tag line but yeah basically.

As a grizzled mountain man you probably don't have to ski or board with civilian skiers but surely when you think about it, with modern materials and design, the old full shell plastic boot must have a better design.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Interestingly our local guide , Richard, on the off-piste bash a couple of years ago was wearing some exoskeleton boots ( don't know they were dahu) and rated them highly - mind you it might be because he was selling them in his shop, or perhaps because at the end of the day he could be into his car and gone to his bar quicker than in conventional boots ( and he'd probably ski like a bloody God even in slippers !!!)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Any idea how one would test a pair?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy