Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Prizm React

Poster: A snowHead
Where can I find them? They seem to be sold out everywhere I looked.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
think they just haven't got sany in yet, its a new product
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
An online video from Oakley says they will only be manufacturing about 5,000 this season. And I guess most of them will be shipped to main Oakely shops.

I emailed about 6 retailers, including the Oakley shop in Covent Garden, and they said they would email me when/if they knew they were getting stock. But I ain't 'eard nuffin' yet.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
any news on this item? it seems to have quietly died down.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gfmozart wrote:
any news on this item? it seems to have quietly died down.

Seems to have disappeared from the internet — rather in the fashion that Stalin had Trotsky "removed" from photographs of the Russian Revolution. Big Wink

I suspect they had some issues — maybe customer experienced problems, and they had a high rate of returns. Or perhaps there were manufacturing difficulties.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Their launch has been delayed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
must be manufacturing issues. it has barely featured since the initial PR and media release and now with the upcoming 19/20 season there still is no re-release or relaunch or the PR campaign.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had a scooby on an Oakley forum which seems to imply that all retail production for last year was junked. That it isn't being pumped again for the coming season suggests to me that they still haven't got production right (& therefore better to be mute than pump & drop it again) and maybe if they get any production to the right QC they'll do a mid-season release or early 2021 sales.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I found this today, they say it will be available in November 2019, not sure if this site is reliable or not Puzzled
https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Oakley_Fall_Line_XL_Prizm_React_SnowboardSki_Goggles_L_Matte_White-(238065)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
AndreSilva wrote:
I found this today, they say it will be available in November 2019, not sure if this site is reliable or not Puzzled
https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Oakley_Fall_Line_XL_Prizm_React_SnowboardSki_Goggles_L_Matte_White-(238065)

Andre -- that little 'dash' after 'White' breaks your link..

This one works

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/searchresults?keyword=prizm+react
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I talked with the guys from https://www.freestylesport.nl/ , one of the biggest winter sport retailers in the Netherlands, this is what they said:

Quote:
"Hi Andre,
We also ordered the Prizm React. But just spoke the representive and the lens is cancelled because too many problems.
Sorry to hear and to inform you."

So apparently, it's not happening this season Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
AndreSilva wrote:
So apparently, it's not happening this season Crying or Very sad

Damn. I promised myself a pair of these ...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
With exquisite timing I noticed the Evening Standard's ski expert ( the Carv guy in presumably a free ad) was recommending these in best ski tech adverticle.

Oakley have really screwed the pooch on these.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
With exquisite timing I noticed the Evening Standard's ski expert ( the Carv guy in presumably a free ad) was recommending these in best ski tech adverticle.....
Ha ha. All you have to do is brand something and pay people to promote it and you end up with threads like this, I guess. Weird.

I really can't see why you'd want a button when photochromic has existed for decades and does the job automatically. I know, it's branded, but even so.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@philwig, What can you say - Oakley fanbois are real. Luxotica know what they are doing with this premium eyewear marketing generally, even if in this case they have generated too much hype over a product they can't actually produce.
snow report
philwig wrote:
With exquisite timing I noticed the Evening Standard's ski expert ( the Carv guy in presumably a free ad) was recommending these in best ski tech adverticle.....
Ha ha. All you have to do is brand something and pay people to promote it and you end up with threads like this, I guess. Weird.

I really can't see why you'd want a button when photochromic has existed for decades and does the job automatically. I know, it's branded, but even so.

I haven't tried photochromic lenses in goggles, so can't give an objective view Cool , but...when I had those in specs, they took longer than I'd want to change. The Oakleys are almost immediate, and you can decide where you want the tint to be for any given circumstance. Your choice (of 3) not dependant on what the lens thinks.

Of course, this is all based on them actually being in production.
snow report
Roguevfr wrote:
philwig wrote:

I haven't tried photochromic lenses in goggles, so can't give an objective view Cool , but...when I had those in specs, they took longer than I'd want to change. The Oakleys are almost immediate, and you can decide where you want the tint to be for any given circumstance. Your choice (of 3) not dependant on what the lens thinks.

Of course, this is all based on them actually being in production.

If you are going to try for the first time then at Oakley store you can return the product them back if you don't like or found it defective. During a return at Oakley store, you need to fulfill the Oakley Return Policy followed by generating Return Authorization for the purchased item within 45 days and need to return in its actual condition.
snow conditions
My experience with photochromatic goggles means that I steer well clear. I had expensive Scotts which developed nasty tiny voids - air bubbles or other separation products - and Scott gave zero service support. ‘Take them back to the shop’ - shop had closed down. ‘Ok send them back’ ....and then they denied I had sent them despite proof of posting. Gave up. Another make had similar nonsense despite high cost. Ordinary lens have never given any problem at all. First day out in Rose Prizm Oakley, managed a big ‘bush whack’ in the trees - stopped and looked at lens...not a scratch. Brilliant.
snow conditions
valais2,

We've considered the Rose Prizms for flat light and spoke to a few staff in ski shops in Les Menuires and Val Thorens last year.

They raved about them (as you would expect rolling eyes ) but I'm wondering if you would recommend them?

In flat light are they really the game changer that they are advertised as? Puzzled
latest report
@Bergmeister, Valais 2 can of course answer for himself. I have them (replaced Oakley Persimmon) and FWIW, this is my view (hah pun alert).

There is no "game changer" lens for flat light. What it does, is give an incremental improvement that is worth having. There has to be contrast to be picked up - but if there is, these do a better job than anything I've had before (but I haven't compared with other new alternatives).

They are also very versatile, so can be worn in a wide variety of light conditions.

I would recommend them - though if solely for flat light - the Prizm Hi Pink/Persimmon would be a smidgeon better.
ski holidays
Prizm lenses are very good, but perhaps no better than other high end lenses from Smith etc.
I have rose prizm in fall line oakley, which are great, but for really dull light I'd go for hi-pink or the newest prizm persimmon if the pink lens doesn't appeal cosmetically. Sport RX do lots of comparative reviews on YouTube.
Rose prizm is better on days where the weather might improve from flat, but not quite as good on socked - in weather.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy