Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Flight Deck Helmet

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, i’m looking to get a new helmet to fit my Oakley flight deck goggles (for whenever resorts open again Sad )

Anyway my old helmet is a wedze one which doesnt fit the goggles properly. Does anyone have any recommendations/experience of helmets that fit well with these goggles?

I have already tried an Oakley mod3 but the large was too small as i have quite a large head so had to send it back. I would just go in store but not allowed to try anything on atm due to covid.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Bodski96, The only thing you can do is try it. EG I've had a couple of helmets and some goggles re fine and some not. In my case it was pressure on my nose beyond the bone which gave a kind of pinched nose feeling. So even something subtle like that makes a difference.

Helmets and goggles can mount up a big bill EG some helmets are £250 and the same for goggles. But some are £50 each.

My combo is Sweet protection trouper 2 MIPS
https://www.sweetprotection.com/en-gb/trooper-ii-mips-helmet/840049.html?dwvar_840049_color=MNGRY&cgid=All-mountain-freeride

with Oakley goggles (can't remember what type)

Watch out for Oakley sales because you have to be careful. They change their frames so often that you suddenly find you can't get replacements for that bargain lens.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I would assume the next size up in the Oakley would fit, and you can be assured that it will fit well with your goggles.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you, i’ll add that my budget is about 100 quid
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

with Oakley goggles (can't remember what type)

Watch out for Oakley sales because you have to be careful. They change their frames so often that you suddenly find you can't get replacements for that bargain lens.

Actually, can't agree with this, oakley have only now replaced the canopy model, current since 2014, and the flight deck, possibly their biggest seller has been in the range since the same time. Plenty people wearing airbrake and older too.
Certainly they introduce new versions, usually XM smaller frames, but not at the expense of the original.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Roguevfr wrote:
Well I would assume the next size up in the Oakley would fit, and you can be assured that it will fit well with your goggles.

Oakley don’t go larger than Large. I tried their Mod 5 in large which at 63cm should have fitted me fine, but it is a ‘round’ rather than ‘oval’ shape, so put too much pressure on my temples. Many other manufacturers think large stops at 60-61cm.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bodski96 wrote:
Thank you, i’ll add that my budget is about 100 quid

I have a big head (62.5cm), and have Oakley Flighdecks, I have Giro and Sweet Protection helmets that both fit and work very well with the goggles.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Roguevfr, try getting replacement lenses for them. It is difficult. Or the only ones available are the extreme eg dark or high pink.

This is my experience so can only comment on that. If you can provide a link that would be great.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Again, don't see any problem getting lenses for current models.
Maybe it's tricky if you have less popular models, especially if you don't know which ones they are?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads

I have these
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought from Ellis Brigham and about 18 months later I found it difficult finding lenses.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, those are airbrake, and first came out in 2011.
I had a pair a few years ago, but they pinched my nose, so had to go. Those, and their replacement model airbrake XL are the only oakleys that come with 2 lenses and a quick change mechanism.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just bought myself a POC Obex Spin in a sale recently. Fit my Canopys nicely, as did my old POC Skull lite. Both XL helmets which are 59 to 62 cm IIRC. I did try Flight Decks with the old Skull Lite and they'd fit fine at the time, but I went for the Canopys from personal preference.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smith helmets also come in XL
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Like RichardSW another vote for poc - we have various poc models and they all mate brilliantly with Oakley, Bolle and Bloc goggles.
ski holidays
Be wary of sizing on POC. Their XL-XXL is 59-62cm, which is Large in many brands, and if you have a MIPS version the fit will be even smaller, as the MIPS layer takes up additional space.
snow conditions
PAddict that’s true - although some models roomier than others depending on shape - the POC Receptor Backcountry quite round in shape so can come up big on some head shapes. But I note the 100gbp budget, and POC an expensive brand. We are having huge problems (pun sorry) trying to source an enduro helmet for a 63cm-headed friend. In both skiing and biking the larger US models and brands don’t seem to be imported into the UK, making it quite tough to find the right XXLs.
snow report
I've found that Oakleys pair up well with Smiths helmets.
latest report
Cheers all. Oakley mod 1 arrived today but too small. The size guide was all wrong annoyingly, so its going back.

Considering ordering a smith camber in XL.
latest report
@Bodski96, Have Flight deck and use a Sweet helmet , which is a good fit, but it could be different for you.
ski holidays
@Bodski96, You are lucky you are able to return a helmet. Most places quite correctly count them as safety equipment, so once shipped they cannot be resold as they have no idea how they have been treated.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy