Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zipfit Tour. Any views.

Poster: A snowHead
I’m thinking of putting some of these in my meastrale rs boots, the original liners have packed out, the boots are a relaxed fit on me. Any comments, I’ve heard good things about zipfit, but have heard they need a time to bed in.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weight versus an Intuition? Gotta be quite a bit heavier I think as I thought there was more corky/sludgey stuff in the Tour than their Gara/WC liners.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob, just bought some gara zipfits, but not used them yet. Supposed to need 3-4 days to bed in. Definitely heavier than my old liners, and a lot thicker as had to move the buckles. Seem very warm too so certainly wont suffer with cold feet Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, I did replace the original liner with some intuition wrap around but although they fit ok and stiffen the boot a touch they feel like welly boots on. I was worried about the weight.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have almost 200 ski-days on my Zipfits and they are still going strong. They are by far the best liners I have ever used. That includes Strolz and Sidas foamed liners. Fantastic heel and fore-foot hold-down, without pressure points.

Some reviewers claim they can be cold, but I cannot say that I have found them them to be any different in that respect to others I have used.

One point to note: the shell does have to be a good fit. Zipfits, perhaps less than most, have little ability to compensate for an over-sized shell.

I have no experience of Intuition, so cannot comment on them.

Disclosure: I have only used them for alpine skiing. I have no experience of touring.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I tried these. They take up a lot of volume in the boot - which may be a good thing. I found them super hard to get on and impossible in the recommended way (which it to put the liners in first then step into the boot). My boots are Salomon Mtn Labs btw.

They are rather stiff and not great to tour in - so if you tour more than a little I would not do this.

In the end, I used a volume reducer in my existing liner and got a result I was happier with (not up to approx 80 days on the original liner).

I would not recommend these although I know others have had job skiing with them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bones wrote:
jbob, just bought some gara zipfits, but not used them yet. Supposed to need 3-4 days to bed in. Definitely heavier than my old liners, and a lot thicker as had to move the buckles. Seem very warm too so certainly wont suffer with cold feet Toofy Grin

I started the process at home by gently heating the liners and then leaving them on for an hour or so. Did that maybe 3 or 4 times. They were comfortable from the first ski day, but the fit does improve with more ski days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ulmerhutte wrote:
Bones wrote:

I started the process at home by gently heating the liners and then leaving them on for an hour or so. Did that maybe 3 or 4 times. They were comfortable from the first ski day, but the fit does improve with more ski days.

Had mine heat moulded by fitter, and still advised 3 - 4 days to bed, as per normal liners. Hopefully wont be too bad Madeye-Smiley

Tight and fun putting them on then into boot, and will certainly be interesting when outside. Looking forward to giving them a try though Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One hint... if you want to preserve the appearance of the liners, then sand smooth, and/or cover with duct tape, any sharp edges inside the boot.

BTW, I have not found the recommended approach to putting on, or taking off, the liners to be hard:

To put on, insert the foot, with liner on, as far into the boot as it will comfortably go, then pull the cuff apart by hand and it should just slide in.

Taking off: while kneeling on one foot, hold the back of the boot down, and push forward with that front knee. Pretend you are about to pray. Foot and liner then come out easily. (I think that is more due to physics, rather than the Good Lord listening to the prayer.)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My experience was specifically with ski toruing boots (mine are Salomon Mtn Labs). I think it is worth mentioning if your use with the liner has been with ski touring boots and how you found them touring.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiingQuinHat wrote:
My experience was specifically with ski toruing boots (mine are Salomon Mtn Labs). I think it is worth mentioning if your use with the liner has been with ski touring boots and ots you found them touring.

+1

The use of Zipfits in alpine boots is not relevant to this thread.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jbob, I bought some Zipfit Tours a few years ago to put into some BD Factor freeride boots. They were great in terms of taking up a bit of volume in the boot and skied very well - way better than the original liner. I managed a 6-day tour in these boots but don't think I'd want to repeat the the experience as the liner is heavy and doesn't have the flex notch that the Intuition liner in the Maestrale RS has. The Zipfit was well suited to the Factor as a freeride boot with a limited walk mode that was fine for the odd hike.

I also have the Maestrale RS and think that the Zipfit would limit the big range of motion in walk-mode that the boot has. The Intuition Pro-Tour is similar to the Maestrale liner and Intuition also sell thick tongues for taking up volume - would this be a better option?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all.
Based on your feedback I’ve decided to abandon the zipfits in favour of some intuition pro tours. The weight and flexibility were the killer, plus the idea of struggling to put them on in some freezing boot room before dawn put me off too.
Thanks again.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've just done a couple of days touring using Zipfit Tours in Atomic Hawx Ultra XTDs. Max height gain per day was 500m.

Downhill: Fantastic.
Putting on: No problems as long as I put the shells in ski mode when putting the boots on, I laced up the inner boot then stepped into the shell.
Uphill: Not as good as my Sidas touring liners. The range of motion with the Atomic XTDs and Zipfit Tour liners is about the same as in a standard pair of Dynafit Zzeros (which were considered state of the art ten years ago).

Will I take my Sidas liners or Zipfits on my next tour? - Definitely Zipfits (because of the downhill performance).
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any more views on Zipfit liners? Some lightly used Diva/Tour models going cheap locally in my size. For use in Zero-G’s to replace worn out Intuitions
snow conditions
@BobinCH, its a great liner, but be wary of the tour variant, it is not great for skinning, the cuff is slightly lower and a splayed collarina is on that product but there is no physical hinged area in the back of the liner so it does reduce the range of motion in the boot, but that siad, as above it is as good in terms of movement as a boot form 10 years ago... just tech has moved on
snow conditions
CEM wrote:
@BobinCH, its a great liner, but be wary of the tour variant, it is not great for skinning, the cuff is slightly lower and a splayed collarina is on that product but there is no physical hinged area in the back of the liner so it does reduce the range of motion in the boot, but that siad, as above it is as good in terms of movement as a boot form 10 years ago... just tech has moved on

Thanks for the recon!
snow report
CEM wrote:

Seems they’re actually the classic model which from a quick search seems like it would be too high volume for a touring shell
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
CEM wrote:

Seems they’re actually the classic model which from a quick search seems like it would be too high volume for a touring shell

the classic was pretty much the first liner zipfit made and then updated, its designed really for oversized shells... avoid avoid avoid
latest report
@CEM, any other recommendation for the Zero-G?
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
@CEM, any other recommendation for the Zero-G?
i would probably go for another intuition or a sidas CHT thermo liner
snow report
Interested in this too as I will probably change my touring boots next season and the OEM liners are often low performance.

It does not look as though any Zipfit liners have a hinged area at the back (or am I looking in the wrong place?)
https://www.zipfit.com/us/

Not even sure what options there are out there

https://skimo.co/boot-parts

Palau = Tour lite, LT, ...
Sidas = Hoji Free, Thermo CRT
Intuition = Pro Tour tongue or wrap version?

Looks like Scarpa use Intuition and Dynafit use Sidas, at least for some models of skitouring boot.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 22-12-20 11:35; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
BobinCH wrote:
Any more views on Zipfit liners? Some lightly used Diva/Tour models going cheap locally in my size. For use in Zero-G’s to replace worn out Intuitions

Did they pack out or wear out/disintegrate?
Mine started to wear but duct taping the rivets on the inside of the boots helped to stop them chewing up the liners.
snow report
DB wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

Did they pack out or wear out/disintegrate?
Mine started to wear but duct taping the rivets on the inside of the boots helped to stop them chewing up the liners.

Tongues disintegrated to the point I can’t duct tape them any more
ski holidays
Will see what the guy in Mountain Air recommends
ski holidays
@BobinCH, as @CEM, recommends, I replaced the stock Zero G liners with Sidas CRT thermo at the start of last season. A definite step up.
snow report
HammondR wrote:
@BobinCH, as @CEM, recommends, I replaced the stock Zero G liners with Sidas CRT thermo at the start of last season. A definite step up.

Thanks to @CEM and you for the feedback. Let’s see what they’ve got. Suspect all of these will be a significant step up. Stick liner is already packing out fast if I put any pressure on it
snow conditions
Duplicate

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 22-12-20 12:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH wrote:

go and see Anja at No1
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

go and see Anja at No1

Thanks
latest report
BobinCH wrote:

it would be better all round if that boot came without a liner. Theyre absolute toilet paper
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy