Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Magazines (printed, not digital)

Poster: A snowHead
We usually ski the week before Christmas so really feeling the pain today. My husband is even worse. I wanted to buy him some skiing magazines for Christmas (although I’m not sure if that is rubbing salt into the wound), but have to confess I’ve never bought any before. Are there any good ones that I can get in the UK that are printed rather than digital?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another nice thing to have on the coffee table might be one of the tourism brochures for areas you've visited, or plan to. The official Swiss tourism site at www.myswitzerland.com has loads of brochures they'll send you for free - see HERE.

You can download them as PDFs as well as have the paper version sent to you. For the summer, the Grand Tour of Switzerland is a combination of the most road-scenic routes around the country.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fall Line Skiing

https://www.fall-line.co.uk/subscribe/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Traditional magazines are disappearing fast, I'm afraid. You can still get the SCGB's Ski + Board publication but it's not very good to be honest.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Maybe track down some vintage ones on eBay?
What about Chris Tomlinson's Skiing with Demons book? He's posts on SH regularly.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SkiPenguin wrote:
We usually ski the week before Christmas so really feeling the pain today. My husband is even worse. I wanted to buy him some skiing magazines for Christmas (although I’m not sure if that is rubbing salt into the wound), but have to confess I’ve never bought any before. Are there any good ones that I can get in the UK that are printed rather than digital?

Not answering your question. But I am curious. Why hard copy? (I get the magazine I want in a digital form for iPad, works well for me, but I am not trying to persuade you).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fall Line magazine is a great read. Highly recommend
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Another recommendation for Fall-Line magazine.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
another vote for Matt Clarke and his excellent work at Fall-Line...

And I know you talked about print but time is well spent on the back catalogue viewing of all Sherpa's Cinema films - Street Segment with the late great JP Auclaire in ALL I CAN, and the wonderful 'Skiers Journey - Crossing Home...'.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and this is a nice 'paper thing'

https://www.worldofbooks.com/en-gb/books/tony-daffern/avalanche-safety-for-skiers-climbers-and-snowboarders/9780921102724?msclkid=8443709a21791be200f82f469a4cdf74&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SP%20-%20Books%20-%20Desktop%20-%20%C2%A39.00%20-%20%C2%A39.99%20-%20Bing%20Only&utm_term=4575411482260367&utm_content=%C2%A39.00%20-%20%C2%A39.99#GOR006905044
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another Fall Line subscriber here. I really like their annual gear reviews-pages of pics and stats for those of us who get a buzz out of researching new stuff. They have provided many an inspiration for gear purchases or just skis to test at SH Ocktobertests over the years. If the articles are anything to go by, their core demographic does tend towards the gnarlier end but it's still fun to read.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I concur fall line is the go to magazine in the uk
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all. I have just ordered the December copy of Fall-Line, which looks great. Love the idea of tourism brochures - we actually have a couple at home that we do look at sometimes. I am keen on paper copies partly because we both spend all day on screens for work, and also just because I like the feel of flicking through pages.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
valais2 wrote:
another vote for Matt Clarke and his excellent work at Fall-Line...

And I know you talked about print but time is well spent on the back catalogue viewing of all Sherpa's Cinema films - Street Segment with the late great JP Auclaire in ALL I CAN, and the wonderful 'Skiers Journey - Crossing Home...'.

Thank you for the film recommendations too. I’ve actually just been on a couple of threads gathering film ideas that we can watch as a family over Christmas and New Year and will add these to the list!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Maybe track down some vintage ones on eBay?
What about Chris Tomlinson's Skiing with Demons book? He's posts on SH regularly.

This book looks entertaining - great idea. Thanks.
latest report
If into backcountry either Backline annual photo- magazine ( in German & English) find online about €12 rapid dispatch from Germany. Fantastic photos.

Or annual airmail $50 for US ' Backcountry' 6 issues a year.
ski holidays
The annual print version of Snow magazine has hit the shelves. Doesn't seem to be available on the website yet, but picked it up from W H Smith. Like the OP, I like to have a physical copy.
snow report
What 195062 says - Snow Magazine would be a good read for a first-time buyer Smile
snow conditions
Another vote for a physical, printed copy of a magazine. I am old-fashioned, I know, but can't stand those magazines they put on line that involve flicking over page. Just doesn't work for me.
snow report
Fall-Line arrived the next day which is very impressive considering the Royal Mail delays at the moment. Looks really good. I will pop into WHSmith and look for Snow magazine too. Thank you.
ski holidays
Check the date on Snow magazine if you find it. My W H Smith has had 2019/2020 on the shelves all year and a few copies were still there alongside 2020/2021.
snow report
Fall-line is decent but they too often use Yank English which is grating. Plus their FB page seems to be written by a Californian teenager which has been fed too much sugar.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy