Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Revenant - hunted in Switzerland...

Poster: A snowHead
Well I have just received messages from family and friends in Switzerland that in line with the post on 'brave to go to Switzerland...' there is indeed a lot of local police action to identify British entrants to CH who entered after 14th Dec and restrain them - confined to accommodation. With such a fast changing situation regarding restriction, had we decided to go we would have benefitted from the open window of 16-17th December, escaped the queues at Dover, would have been allowed into CH, only now to be entirely restricted. Tier 4. It all feels like some of the turnaround decisions I have made on the hill - brief weather window, signs of weather deteriorating fast, can see the summit but would probably regret the push. Live to ski/climb/ride another day.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They showed Brits on TV being told to confine by the police. If you have a cell phone it is pretty easy to track anyone.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Every British phone in CH has received a text message this morning advising them to register with the canton and isolate if they arrived after the 14th.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The thing is this...the environmental testing in Italy showed 'severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)' (COVID19) as present in sewage samples from Oct 2019. While the Swiss action looks very prudent, the date of Dec14th is probably entirely flawed. The worrying growth spike for the new variant probably starts in early November. So anyone in CH who arrived from UK before Dec 14th should be very alert to both overt infection and asymptomatic infection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Even on the day the scientists discover something in a lab, 100 flights have left Heathrow. And god knows how many travel in the days or weeks after until politicians hear about it. Pointless to place restrictions when the horse has already bolted.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.

There will be 220 police officers deployed to check compliance with anti-covid measures in the Valais Ski areas over the Holiday Period - would hazard a guess they would question english speakers on their origin as well as checking on compliance

But it is hard to imagine this mutation has not already made it's way out of the UK
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@extremerob, we saw how quickly the initial spread was in March. Now we have a variant supposedly 70% more transmissible, starting it’s spread in U.K. in September. Almost impossible to believe it is not nearly everywhere by now
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is possible - only speculation at this stage - that this could be development of a less fatal but more prevalent form of the virus. This would be consistent with the history of corona virians - and potentially supportive of achieving herd immunity far faster. if the cases escalate at the current extreme rate, but without proportional increase in hospital admissions and deaths, then this may be underway.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
UK seems to have an on the ball genomic analysis programme which may well have picked it up earlier than elsewhere. Given the rates in other countries, I guess it is already widely there but they just don't know the full extent??
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just a small note for anyone thinking that they can evade the Cantonal police in the Valais....a few years ago we were up at a friend’s cabin, way way up in the hills at 2000+ metres, and a hell of a trek to get there. And we were having supper when an armed policeman just wandered in and said ‘routine check...papers please...’.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@colinstone, exactly , as has been reported elsewhere the mutation was detected Weeks ago in USA Brazil and Australia .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof wrote:
They showed Brits on TV being told to confine by the police. If you have a cell phone it is pretty easy to track anyone.

pity I couldn't track my cell that I lost in the snow in Verbier/Siviez last week as easily!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Covidiots
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ plainidiot
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
>pity I couldn't track my cell.....

And they can't/choose not to track the dodgy money??

>Covidiots

I might think, but couldn't possibly comment, that "down a crevasse" is fairly idiotic, as well as putting others at risk
ski holidays
colinstone wrote:
I might think, but couldn't possibly comment, that "down a crevasse" is fairly idiotic, as well as putting others at risk

stanton isn't down a crevasse by their choice, it is just a way to limit them to one post per day.
snow report
rjs wrote:
colinstone wrote:

stanton isn't down a crevasse by their choice, it is just a way to limit them to one post per day.

And what a waste of one a day.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy