Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cancelled flights

Poster: A snowHead
Jet2 have cancelled our flights 23jan to Grenoble from Manchester just pissed off when can we go skiing ⛷
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah, that’ll explain why EJ GVA flights went through the roof today. They’d been about £45 return and all of a sudden £140 each way.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BA just cancelled our LHR / GVA flights for mid Jan as well. Not many viable options left, particularly for a long weekend.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BA cancelled my Sat 16th Jan 07:00 LHR/GVA flight yesterday, which is quite frankly bizarre. I can understand flights to less popular flights/times being cancelled due to low passenger numbers, but cancelling sold out flights that are guaranteed sellouts is strange (I booked in February, so I doubt I was bumped off).

It does suggest that something else is going on. For example has Geneva restricted flight and hence passenger numbers?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jet2 have just cancelled Jan by the look of it. Full programme from Feb I think.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I had flights for the long weekend of 22-25 Jan cancelled by BA. Offered to rebook but nothing available. Appear to have cut the services massively.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PowderAdict wrote:
BA cancelled my Sat 16th Jan 07:00 LHR/GVA flight yesterday, which is quite frankly bizarre. I can understand flights to less popular flights/times being cancelled due to low passenger numbers, but cancelling sold out flights that are guaranteed sellouts is strange (I booked in February, so I doubt I was bumped off).

It does suggest that something else is going on. For example has Geneva restricted flight and hence passenger numbers?

It looks to me like many airlines are planning routes, staff, aircraft etc. about 2 months ahead. That's been the cancellation pattern I've been seeing for the last 9 months.

It's all about minimising cash burn at present; crossing their fingers and hoping we can fly could turn out to be a mistake that bankrupts the airline.

Even if a flight looks "sold out" at this stage, by a few days beforehand, with quarantine requirements still in place etc., I'm confident that most people wouldn't fly.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does anybody have return EJ Man/GVA flights on 17/1, back 24/1? If so, have you been advised they are cancelled? They have disappeared from the schedule, but no official notification. They’re via a TO and when querying if they’re cancelled, we’re told they’re not.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PowderAdict wrote:

BA cancelled the our flight from Geneva back to LHR on the 16th too. I get the point around airlines planning ahead, but it does feel like something is happening around mid-Jan. They haven't moved us onto another flight on that day - which would be the logical thing to do if they were just juggling with the amount of planes they needed for passengers flying. In fact our outbound flight was cancelled a few weeks ago, but we were seamlessly moved to another flight (at another airport).
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BA cancelled my return flights from Manchester to Venice via Heathrow at the end of January. Their system would not allow me to change flight times on line. I had to ring BA

It would appear the problem was with the Manchester to Heathrow legs. Initially all four flights were in and out of Terminal 5. However they moved the to and from Manchester leg to Terminal 3, so there was not enough time for me and/or my luggage to make the connection according to BA. That's why flights were cancelled and it would not allow me to manage the disruption on line.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 2-12-20 17:15; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Handy Turnip, My cancellation alert for a mid-Jan GVA flight gave me the usual choices of changing flight or refund, so I changed to another flight that day. There were plenty of seats available to reserve on the alternate flight (tho' that doesn't mean it wasn't fully booked as most people don't select a seat).

I've had a variety of options with cancelled flights in the last 9 months - some refunding automatically, some auto-rebooking. What's happening now for Jan is exactly what happened for Oct/Nov flights a couple of months ago, and for August flights in June.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello all. First post, joined to try to get some sense to it all. I want to ski over Christmas as I have looked at flights in the feb half term and they are too expensive. That’s just some background info. My question for this thread: Ihave a flight booked to Innsbruck with easyjet 26/12. Hotel has cancelled my booking. Any thoughts on the likelihood that easyjet will cancel the flight? I’d prefer cash to vouchers.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Some flights still operating it seems. My girlfriend has a booking for Heathrow to Lyon on 19 December which is still scheduled to operate (a one-way Economy ticket is now £270 compared to the £60ish she paid when she booked it months ago). Looks like she'll have to take a voucher as she won't be flying on that ticket and a cash refund will not be an option for her.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tom H, sorry, can't help with the easyJet question, but welcome to snowHeads.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
With EJ it is possible to change a flight without penalties - but has to be 14 days prior to departure. Fancy going anywhere in the summer?....
snow report
Thanks rob.

Jilly yes I may well have to have a summer holiday, but I do prefer my holidays cold and snowy. Annoyingly the vouchers only last for 12 months so can’t be used for the following Christmas week. I will leave it to the 15 days before and try for the vouchers. I say try as I had previously decided to take the vouchers via the website but got an error and was told it would need to be done with the call centre.
snow conditions
@Tom H, You don't say from where you are flying but if you are coming from London then there are 2 flights that day and if one gets cancelled you will be moved to the other one. The flight times are far apart so you may (please check) the airline rights to move you. From memory this has to be within 3 hours or you can request a refund but please check.

Off course they could cancel the other one and move them to you.
ski holidays
Quick question about the BA vouchers, does anyone know if they are valid for 12 months from the date of application, or the date of the original flight?

Like a lot of you guys I've had my late Jan ones cancelled but would like to use them for a sneaky extra trip early in 2022 so may hold fire before applying
ski holidays
@MountainIdiot, They are valid until 30th April 2022 (need to complete all travel by that date), no matter your original flight date or when you applied for the voucher.
snow conditions
GlasgowCyclops wrote:
@Tom H, You don't say from where you are flying but if you are coming from London then there are 2 flights that day and if one gets cancelled you will be moved to the other one. The flight times are far apart so you may (please check) the airline rights to move you. From memory this has to be within 3 hours or you can request a refund but please check.

Off course they could cancel the other one and move them to you.

Hi Yes am on the earlier London flight. That’s a good point I may be moved on to the later one. I suppose that increases the chance it could go ahead. Thanks
ski holidays
@musehead,

Got it, thanks!
snow report
@MountainIdiot, if BA cancelled your January flight, you don't need to take the voucher, you can apply for a full refund! You only need to accept the voucher if you decide to cancel the booking...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy