Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alsace/Baden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Slightly unusual areas to be asking about, but has anyone here skiied in either Alsace or Baden-Württemberg? I saw an article the other day mentioning Feldberg which is near Stuttgart, and Gerardmer/Lac Blanc the other side of the Rhine. Struck me that they might be interesting for a few days if you were headed that way already.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PrimroseAndBlue, they’re not terribly high (compared to alpine resorts) and so not very snow-sure. Grand if you happen to be nearby when they’re in condition but not worth planning a ski holiday based there imho. However there are other fun things to do in these areas so you could have a fun week of walking/biking/wine tasting which may include a bit of skiing if you’re lucky.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inboard wrote:
@PrimroseAndBlue, they’re not terribly high (compared to alpine resorts) and so not very snow-sure. Grand if you happen to be nearby when they’re in condition but not worth planning a ski holiday based there imho. However there are other fun things to do in these areas so you could have a fun week of walking/biking/wine tasting which may include a bit of skiing if you’re lucky.

That is my view as well. I lived in Luxembourg some years ago and went down to Gerardmer on the weekend twice. The first trip was a long day out and on the second we stayed overnight on Saturday. Both trips were very much last minute decisions.

There is a decent amount of intermediate skiing in Gerardmer but I think two days would be enough for most people.

Good food and wine though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I had a weekend in Gerardmer two seasons ago. Sadly, it poured with rain and was a pretty miserable experience.

However, the town is pleasant with some decent bars and restaurants. The ski area was neatly put together and looked as if it would be fun for a couple of days in decent conditions.

There were a number of national junior race teams training there that weekend too.

https://www.gerardmer-ski.com/en/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I’ve stayed at a mountain hut at Le Markstein and did a trail run over to Grand Ballon. Beautiful area and ski lifts in both places. Skiing didn’t look very interesting though.

Great walking country all over the Vosges.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. I think we'd be passing through that way to see family in Germany so sounds like it's worth the diversion if not a stay. I'll have a look at all of those though.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There are ~25 ski resorts in the Vosges.

Gerardmer is the biggest.

La Bresse and Le Markstein are the highest.

Jan-Mar has the deepest snow.

Best for a weekend.

Gerardmer is ~95% smaller than the 3 Valleys, the largest ski station in the world.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Visited the Feldberg area over the last couple of New Years, stayed in Totdnau and Titisee, was primarily there for the New Year and visiting the area, but managed a view days skiing around the Feldberg area. Its not high at just above a 100om, but can have good snow conditions, it all depends.
Area is approx. 20 miles of runs at varying levels, my son learnt to snowboard in a class here and the instructions were good even with the language barrier.
Also went night skiing at Schutzhütte, 1st time and was a fantastic experience, really enjoyed it

It is a beautiful area and well worth a visit even without the skiing.
Link here for the area...https://www.liftverbund-feldberg.de/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Feldberg has by far the best skiing of these three. Three fast chairs from which you can reach all major runs, the best snow and it's the only one offering a real challenge for good skiers: the FIS Worldcup piste:
http://youtube.com/v/IWvOR5nm7pQ
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy