Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski-touring boot fitting in Lahndahn...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Long time. No post. Anyone got any advice or experience of ski-touring boot fitting in Lahndahn. In particular, Bartlett’s seem to have a good range. Are they good? Ta
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@stoat of the dead, welcome back! snowHead I've no personal experience of Ski Bartlett's boot providing services, but they are a good company with from what I've heard a good boot fitting service.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
But of a hiatus there ;p - Was happy with my Lange XT fit and the subsequent work they have done on the boot (though not a true touring boot per se) - they tend to have limited stock of some of the more specialty boots so would call ahead and ask they put what you're after/think will work for you aside ahead of your session to avoid disappointment. Never felt rushed by them, - they usually have some well versed fitters as well as some of the new generation but also able fitters on hand (not sure this year what the situation is).

FYI they sent this over the weekend in an email blast:

"SKI BOOT FITTING APPOINTMENTS - We are booking up rapidly for the run up to Christmas and beyond in anticipation of our lockdown escape on the 2nd December. Just give us a call to book one in."
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks chaps. Looks like I better ring them.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoat of the dead wrote:
Long time. No post. Anyone got any advice or experience of ski-touring boot fitting in Lahndahn. In particular, Bartlett’s seem to have a good range. Are they good? Ta

The others would be Pro feet in Fulham.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Happy with the fit at Bartlett’s I got a couple of years ago now (Alpine not touring)

Spoke to them a few days ago and they did say they were indeed getting booked up for fitting in the weeks before Xmas in expectation of people being able to get away. So maybe don’t leave it too long to call if you intend going there and want it done soon.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I like Bartlett's and both my wife and I have had boots fitted by them (mine were touring boots).
They are very knowledgeable and take time.
I'd just flag that both my wife and I came from prior boots that were very much a performance fit and have found the Bartlett fit to be a tad roomier than ideal but TBH we both wanted something more comfortable than our previous boots so it may have been us driving that.
I would use them again (although on balance I think I'd prefer to use a shop in the Alps which made it easier to start snug and go back for mods)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy