Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lack of explicit travel ban could tempt snow sport fans to holiday under false pretenses...

Poster: A snowHead
Of academic interest only of course Laughing

An interesting article in The Telegraph:

The guidance against 'all but essential' travel leaves many questions unanswered as some airlines refuse to refund November flights

https://archive.is/0ytLC

So you could ship all your skis and kit to Switzerland with a luggage shipping service. Then you could turn-up at the airport in a smart suit with some "paperwork" to justify your "work" trip. And of course, you will be careful to take a COVID test before you go.

List your best excuse please. Mine would be: "I'm thinking of setting-up a chocolate factory in the UK, so I need to research chocolate shops in Switzerland".. Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I need to audit my Nazi gold horde.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guidance or legal ban?
Here is where personal risk assessment and judgement seems to be over ridden by herd / peer pressure and some people idea of what is good for everyone else!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Go look at a house/appartment for sale, doesn't say you can't do this abroad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WishIWasFitter wrote:
Go look at a house/appartment for sale, doesn't say you can't do this abroad

No but you can't currently do that in France so stick to CH.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think that renting a private jet and flying into Geneva or (more exclusively discreet) Sion would present no barriers to easy admission, although you might have to resort to a declaration along the lines of "I am independently wealthy and am visiting to arrange being domiciled in Switzerland." to clinch matters.

I always remember visiting our Swiss retail bank to organise a mortgage for our holiday apartment and being taken to the 2nd floor. It was all very nice and the chocolates were delicious. Talking to our banker, I mentioned that we could also see client services on the 3rd floor and wondered what the difference was "Ah yes, he said. That's Wealth Management - you see, the second floor is where we give you money. The 3rd floor is where you give us money. And the chocolates are even nicer."
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
LaForet wrote:
The 3rd floor is where you give us money. And the chocolates are even nicer."

made me chuckle Very Happy

That being said I had in Instagram ad today offering private jet services "ensure my travel can continue", with representatives able to advise on and prepare the "necessary documents" to ensure compliance with government requirements.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The legislation is here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1200/pdfs/uksi_20201200_en.pdf

There is an explicit ban on being outside "the place where you are living" which strikes me as a pretty explicit ban on travelling.

There is then a list of exemptions which starts with a "reasonableness" clause, so if arrested, you'd have to convince the courts that it was a reasonable activity, in a time of pandemic, to go and view a property overseas with a view to buying or letting.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I needed to test my eyesight, and I thought a reasonable dynamic scenario to test my eyesight would be hurtling down the side of a mountain. I mean it was either that or a trip to Barnard Castle
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And Barnard Castle may be too busy!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pastorius, @jafa

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1".

SnowHeads' law (or SnowHeads' law of Cummins analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Dominic Cummins approaches 1". ,
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@rungsp, Well there you go , at least he's contributed something to UK society

(besides an erosion of parliamentary democracy, lying to the Queen, disrespect for the population..........)

BTw who is this Cummins chap you speak of - got a bit of an engine on him I hear?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dave of the Marmottes, he is a total ****, that is a fact.
That doesn't change the fact that the SnowHeads law is getting on my nerves Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

BTw who is this Cummins chap you speak of - got a bit of an engine on him I hear?

He'd have been more appropriately names as type of rotary engine than a large diesel.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowdave wrote:
The legislation is here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1200/pdfs/uksi_20201200_en.pdf

There is an explicit ban on being outside "the place where you are living" which strikes me as a pretty explicit ban on travelling.

There is then a list of exemptions which starts with a "reasonableness" clause, so if arrested, you'd have to convince the courts that it was a reasonable activity, in a time of pandemic, to go and view a property overseas with a view to buying or letting.

Surely you were flying to the alps via bulgaria to make your chalet covid-compliant - that sort of behavior is reasonable?

I am guessing for any dual passport holder they cannot deny you from leaving the UK, I could be living/choosing to live abroad. Even under the 2 week quarantine requirement you are free to leave your home if you are travelling directly to a "port" to exit the UK.
snow report
rungsp wrote:
@Pastorius, @jafa

Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1".

SnowHeads' law (or SnowHeads' law of Cummins analogies) is an Internet adage asserting that "as an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Dominic Cummins approaches 1". ,

Who are you, trying to police my free speech? You're like the Nazis you are.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy