Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Typical

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Norquay opens earlier than it ever has before.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/

Damn you COVID!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow. It’s still October!!

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/earliest-start-to-ski-season-at-norquay-in-95-years-1.5159701

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 26-10-20 10:18; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it's pretty wet and cold (well relatively - not Alberta cold!) this side of the Rockies too - ended up biking in the snow on Friday. Brrrr! snowHead
Snow on the local mountains.
Hopefully early opening on the cards for Whistler too, or at least some good early snow
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
of course we all know that this is almost certainly going to be one of the best winters in many a year but was completely ruined for the majority by Covid-19.

Damn and blast.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And Tignes is snow-covered top to bottom at Val Claret rolling eyes Looking very wintry.

The glacier is already open and looks like it will be an early start for skiing Double M back to the village....
Quote:
Damn and blast.
I'm thinking more: For ****'s sake! It's a form of torture by webcam... Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stuarth wrote:
it's pretty wet and cold (well relatively - not Alberta cold!) this side of the Rockies too ...
And this side, Cambridge UK.

It's not looking like getting into Canada's going to be possible any time soon.
The ski business is re-orienting on the domestic market...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's all melting already. Early season is a lot of hype with not a lot of actual skiing. There's also already been the first fatality in the backcountry due to hitting buried objects (i.e not avalanche). To quote the local mountain rescue "Whilst social media would have you believe there's perfect powder everywhere the reality is anything but and it'd be a shame to loose a season or more this early on..."
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sweaman22, it can't be that bad surely? My daughter has just texted saying she is heading to Lake Louise today for the earliest opening day they have ever had. Her garden in Banff has been white for about the last two weeks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lake Louise is far enough into the mountains that the warmth probably hasn't hit there quite as hard.

Louise appears to be 2 lifts and 7 runs. I have the luxury of the whole season and so I won't be going. Even in a normal year you'll have everyone from first timers to wanna be racers on the same slope and it's just scary. (The actual proper racers will have some closed runs I'm sure)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I have the luxury of the whole season

@sweaman22, hopefully she does too. Her 2yr visa is coming to an end and she now has a bridging visa whilst her permanent residency application is being processed. Fingers crossed. She really loves Alberta.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy