Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Final gratuitous skiing photos

Poster: A snowHead
Opened today for Toussaint. Decided to go up about 10 after looking on the webcam, blue sky and quiet. Cloud down here. Got on the Jandri about 10.45, had a cabin all to myself all the way up.

Une mer de nuages below

Quiet on the glacier. Not long to queue for the t bars up. Snow was lovely.

I'd noticed on the way up that a few people were skiing down to Toura at 2600m and it was largely pisted. So I skied it 3 times snowHead

A really nice 2½ hours or so skiing on beautiful snow with sunshine. 1000m of vertical possible from 3600m down to 2600m although only the top 400m officially open.

Masks obviously necessary and this was observed. I caught the Jandri gondola 4 times and was alone every time. It's been rerouted also so it's not necessary to get out at 2600m. That won't be the case in winter. One guy did try to get on a t bar with me but I just let him go on it alone.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 29-10-20 14:30; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Claude B, keep them coming, I suspect I will have to ski vicariously this season
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks lovely, you lucky so-and-so! snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Claude B, Mr. Green jealous. Glad you had a good time
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Roll on 2022! Skullie
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Claude B - looks fantastic for the time of year Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice, hope you enjoy many more days on the hill along with any of you other Snowheads fortunate enough to have access.

Keep the reports coming.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Claude B wrote:

Photoshop fake.
It sorta looks like LDA but theres no blue boilerplate so it can't be wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am so so jealous! Great pics
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Went up again today, similar times. Still pretty quiet, especially over lunch and many of the ski clubs finished then. Skied down to Toura, 3 different routes, not as good as Saturday but still ok.

Looking down from Jandri above town.

Toura from Jandri.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lovely Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks beautiful @Claude B!!!
Do you know if the bars and restaurants on the mountain will be opened as usual ?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@AndreSilva, Now or in the winter? For Toussaint, open until 1st November, only glacier is open for skiing. The restaurant and bar up there is open. Everything else on the mountain closed. I fully expect everything to be open during the winter season, who knows though.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Claude B, Nice shots. With no real prospect of what's my season like they do really hurts my soul though Cool
snow conditions
I can only take solace from the fact that you were forced to ski instead of the obviously superior snowboard
latest report
Claude B wrote:
@AndreSilva I fully expect everything to be open during the winter season, who knows though.

Yeah... I guess so, everything open but everybody seated, no crowded apres ski Shocked
latest report
@AndreSilva, they've tightened up a lot this week so I think so yes.
ski holidays
This was at about 3000m on a closed run, quite deep but crusty and grabby, not great on piste skis. As you can see Laughing

snow report
As today was the last day of Toussaint opening, cut short by confinement, I went up for a couple of hours. The snow really is superb. I only did one run on the glacier and several on the closed run down to Toura. Sketchy in places but perfectly skiable, a lot were doing the same.

ski holidays
Looks awesome @Claude B!
Sad that we have no idea when we'll be able to go there again with all this covid mess Confused
ski holidays
We shall all dream... snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy