Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zipper replacement help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lost part of the zipper last season on one of my mid layers and the paperclip courtesy of the JAL counter in Haneda has done well to hold up. Its about time I get it fixed properly but not exactly sure where to go or what to google.

Does anyone know where I can source the replacement parts - I think I need the metal bit that clips onto the zipper as well as the ?toggle? the blue string bit with the rubber to add on after to make it easier to grab with gloves?

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@extremerob, search for "Zipper Pulls" on Amazon. There's a bazillion of them.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 16-10-20 21:34; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you check that you can get a keyring "circle" through the zip, then you can use something like this

https://www.joom.com/en/products/5c207c146ecda8010130938a?currency=GBP&country=GB&utm_source=twenga&utm_medium=paid_shopping

Easily big enough for good glove pull.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ski3 wrote:
If you check that you can get a keyring "circle" through the zip, then you can use something like this

https://www.joom.com/en/products/5c207c146ecda8010130938a?currency=GBP&country=GB&utm_source=twenga&utm_medium=paid_shopping

I used to have a zipper pull with a little digital clock in it, sort of barrel shaped. Got it in a Christmas cracker one year. Was perfect for telling the time without having to fight through multiple layers of clothing to reach a watch on my wrist. Was heartbroken when I lost it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@extremerob, PM me your address and I'll send you one of my oversize zipper fobs

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob@rar, and bingo was his name oh - that is exactly what I need thanks

@ski3, not a bad shout - will make my well worn beaten midlayer look like one of those super expensive fancy brands Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:

I used to have a zipper pull with a little digital clock in it, sort of barrel shaped. Got it in a Christmas cracker one year. Was perfect for telling the time without having to fight through multiple layers of clothing to reach a watch on my wrist. Was heartbroken when I lost it.[/quote]

Did it look something like this? - Now you're making me think I should use one of these instead Madeye-Smiley

ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
extremerob wrote:
Did it look something like this? - Now you're making me think I should use one of these instead Madeye-Smiley
No, like this. Not easy to find, unfortunately.

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@extremerob,
I went to our local dressmaker type shop (no idea what the actual term is being a big rugby playing type, just talk to the nice ladies) and got a replacement zip puller thingy for my Orage skiing jacket. They had a choice of 3 or 4 different ones.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
...but it looks like Jon has just the job
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@spyderjon, thanks for the kind offer - going to go for something without so much metal, a bit worried with it being around the mouth if the midlayer is zipped up all the way and taking a face plant!

@musher, seamstress is the term I think - or at least the name of the person that does the sewing - thats a good shout will check that tomorrow.

If anyone looks this thread up in the future - you need a replacement zip pull tab, to replace the paperclip, then a toggle/fob or zipper pull.

These look up for the part - https://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/equipment-c3/tents-shelters-c25/tent-accessories-c33/msr-universal-zipper-pulls-p1094
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
extremerob wrote:
rob@rar wrote:

I used to have a zipper pull with a little digital clock in it, sort of barrel shaped. Got it in a Christmas cracker one year. Was perfect for telling the time without having to fight through multiple layers of clothing to reach a watch on my wrist. Was heartbroken when I lost it.

[/quote]

Well you could tell the time with that ...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Length of 4mm line passed through zipper loop and ends tied with overhand knot, or several if using gloves. Simples.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy