Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"... he set up snowHeads ..."

Poster: A snowHead
In the interests of enhancing your Sunday evening entertainment ... but only if you're extremely bored ...

Source of quote in heading: http://www2.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/forum/discussion.aspx/Skiing-And-Snowboarding-general?discussionID=16552 *

Err ... no I didn't!

Marcia Nash wrote:
]D Goldsmith and G Aitken are most definitely not the same person. G Aitken is a long-standing and current member of Ski Club and its Council. D Goldsmith is neither. D Goldsmith was once a member of the Ski Cub but was evicted. I don't know the full circumstances but I think it was basically for persistently trying to bring the Club into disrepute by spreading falsehoods. Following his dismembership from the Ski Club, he set up Snowheads, where he posts, out of context and without permission, comments by SC members that he has lifted from this site and elsewhere. G Aitken's objection to D Goldsmith's presence on the FB site Ski Club Members and Council is that the site's name strongly implies that it is for members only and D Goldsmith is not a member. Worse, his main aim in life seems to be to destroy the Ski Club. I often disagree strongly with G Aitken's views but, on this, I am totally with him.

A few relevant factettes:

1. I joined the SCGB as a 9-year-old in 1962 and have been a member of the Club for most of the years since.
2. I was principal freelance contributor (as equipment editor and other capacities) to the SCGB's magazine for 10 years from 1983, and have written for six successive editors of that magazine from 1976 to 2003.
3. I've served on the SCGB's Council - elected by members at an annual general meeting.
4. It's absolutely untrue that anything critical written about the SCGB has had the motivation to "bring the Club into disrepute" - far from it: the objective was to ensure its rejuvenation and long-term health - and I've certainly not been involved in "spreading falsehoods".
5. In 2013 I was expelled from the SCGB, but not in compliance with its own rules. That expulsion is disputed.

If you've got this far, thank you for your attention and may your god go with you.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Without prejudice to any of the rest of this, the accusation that somebody is "bringing a club/institution into disrepute" is, in my recent experience, sometimes the last refuge of the scoundrels who are ACTUALLY bringing the Club into disrepute but who are in denial and mistake legitimate criticism for defamation. .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
6. DG is most certainly a member! And quite a big one from what I’ve heard Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
F*ck DG Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Do be fair it seems this Marcia Nash has a bit of a shaky grasp on history though if she agrees with neither Goldfish nor Gerry she can't be all bad.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
MorningGory wrote:
F*ck DG Very Happy Very Happy

Each to their own. Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hilarious.
Just click on DG's link . . .
and then the link you see . . .
and note heroic but probably doomed attempt to introduce some sanity by @Alastair Pink.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always thought that mad Gerry and bonkers DG couldn't possibly be representative of SCGB members but judging by that that link, they're the saner ones! Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Amazing how some of the nobs at SCGB are still unaware of SH existence!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
"I also believe there is another ghastly site called 'Snowheads' where contributors permanently assume false identities and insult each other into the early hours while eating tepid take aways. "

Lifted from the post on fb, spooky that they know the eating habits of Stanton. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ski3 wrote:
.... while eating tepid take aways. "

Presumably SCGB members just dine on whatever the butler brings in?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DJL wrote:
ski3 wrote:
.... while eating tepid take aways. "

Presumably SCGB members just dine on whatever the butler brings in?

One simply reheats one’s take away in one’s microwave...or get a wench from the village to do it. What what tally-ho!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
And their lives will be nothing but Jetsam
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So when does tonight’s regular “insulting each other” begin?

(Since take away was mentioned I’m feeling peckish...i hope dominos is shut now!)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ski3 wrote:
"I also believe there is another ghastly site called 'Snowheads' where contributors permanently assume false identities and insult each other into the early hours while eating tepid take aways. "

apart from the takeaway line, that's pretty accurate though
ski holidays
F*ck off @davidof, you c&nt.

(A gentle starter for 10)
Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
My pheasant and chips are far too hot, they'll need some time to reach true tepid before I participate.
latest report
@AL9000, this isn't JWAZ you know! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Marcia Nash wrote:
I don't know the full circumstances but I think it was basically for persistently trying to bring the Club into disrepute by spreading falsehoods.

sounds a lot like Whitegold NehNeh
latest report
Alastair Pink wrote:
@AL9000, this isn't JWAZ you know! Madeye-Smiley

Apologies for my exuberance. Liverstool n manure both got taken to the cleaners tonight so I’m as high as a kite Little Angel
snow report
I can also confirm that David had no hand in setting up snowHeads.
After I set it up, with a friend, I encouraged David to join as he had been such a prolific and interesting poster on the old SCGB forum, from which most of us had just been summarily evicted. Gerry became a snowHead of his own volition a couple of days later.

It is not (nor has it ever been) true that snowHeads is intrinsically anti-SCGB. After all, a significant number of snowHeads are also enthusiastic SCGB members. Opinions pro, anti or ambivalent toward the SCGB are all equally welcome here.

Ironically Marcia Nash appears to be "trying to bring snowHeads into disrepute by spreading falsehoods" rolling eyes
latest report
I thought everybody knew D Goldsmith didn't set up snowheads (but wished he had). Toofy Grin wink
latest report
ski3 wrote:

That has to be a gag post, surely. Surely he can't be castigating such a ghastly site for insulting each other, while throwing around snidey insults himself?
snow conditions
Must be a hard thing to see your relevance diminish, which applies to both DG and the ski club. The ski club shot itself in the foot with both barrels, Admin seized the opportunity, the rest is, apparently never ending, history.
ski holidays
admin wrote:
Ironically Marcia Nash appears to be "trying to bring snowHeads into disrepute by spreading falsehoods" rolling eyes

Or merely lost their sense of equilibrium Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Nickski wrote:
...Admin seized the opportunity, the rest is, apparently never ending Brexit thread.

FIFY Little Angel
ski holidays
It says something that the liveliest chaton SCGB is "Where has everyone gone?" and even thats degenerated into an erroneous SH origin story thread.
snow report
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
ski3 wrote:

That has to be a gag post, surely. Surely he can't be castigating such a ghastly site for insulting each other, while throwing around snidey insults himself?

I thought that - either the guy is the very cariacture of the pompous SCGB "cut above the peasants" type we are assured does not exist or that is deeply laced with sarcasm from someone active on sHs.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
I have been reading the FB site' Ski Club of Great Britain : Members and Council' for several weeks ,good few ideas ,good discussion but then something dreadful happened . For many months G Aitken had blocked me from seeing any of his FB posts, which was great by me, but suddenly out of nowhere two days ago he unblocked me and I could see his awful posts.

Laughing Laughing
snow report
@Layne, Just when you thought 2020 couldn’t get any worse Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Richard_Sideways wrote:
It says something that the liveliest chaton SCGB is "Where has everyone gone?" and even thats degenerated into an erroneous SH origin story thread.

here is a lively chaton for snowheads, probably livelier than the scgb chaton

snow report
@davidof, I blame this new wireless keyboard occasionally missing key presses. But it's always nice to the teh interwebs used for the purpose it was intended for. Kitteh!
ski holidays
@AL9000, chuckle.
snow report
Here's the SCGB chaton

WARNING do not click if you like cats, kittens or anthing cute and fluffy or have not yet had your dinner

I did warn you.

ski holidays
@davidof, Looks more like a Norwegian Blue to me.....
ski holidays
Just tired and shagged out after a long meow....
snow conditions
Just resting....
snow conditions
Beautiful plumage
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
ski3 wrote:

I thought that - either the guy is the very cariacture of the pompous SCGB "cut above the peasants" type we are assured does not exist or that is deeply laced with sarcasm from someone active on sHs.

Whilst not wishing to cast an aspertion on an individual, there is one particular poster on snowheads who likes to make a real point of people not using their real name........ #justsaying
ski holidays
@ansta1, the thought did cross my mind then I exploded in a mess of meta
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy