Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aosta Valley late April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gressoney, Champoluc, Alagna, Pila, La Thuile, Cervinia, Val Tournenche …

I’ve been doing a sort of spring ski safari of the Aosta valley since mid March. There is little off piste, but the piste skiing has been and still is utterly superb. It truly baffles me why so few people go skiing at this time of year. At times today it felt as though I had rented Alagna for myself. I have encountered all of the different varieties of spring snow. The sugar on the artificial snow that allows for slow motion carving on the steepest black. The crackly beginning to freeze but still wonderfully grippy snow that develops on East facing slopes in the afternoon. and perhaps most wonderful, creamy buttery snow on high west facing pistes - of Which perhaps there is no better example than the red from Passo Salati to Gabbiet on the Gressoney side.
The only thing to remember is not to start too early. About 11 or 1130 is ideal, as the overnight freeze is thawing.
Perfect snow, no crowds, low prices, sunshine and long days. Please don’t tell anyone.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Davidgdg, sounds great! Which was your favourite?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah that’s so hard. I think it would be a very close thing between Champoluc and Val Tournenche. Both have that wonderful old-fashioned two man chair vibe with warm sunny mellow reds and blues and pretty much perfect spring snow for most of the day.
But if I had to pick one single run it would probably be Passo Salati down to Gabbiet on the Gressoney side in the late afternoon sun. Just blissful.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
But they are all lovely if you like wide empty mellow pistes and creamy soft snow. And if you don’t, well why are you skiing? Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Davidgdg, i loved Alagna when visiting the Monte Rosa area several years back. Would love go back!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy