Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where do you get rid of old skis.. I have a few sets that are stuck in the loft.. Us there a charity or something that takes them.. Or do we send them to the dry ski slopes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gear4Guides maybe - though the real issue they have is getting the kit to where it's useful.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Some company collects old skis, refurbishes them, and sells them to snowheads who do not want to use their own skis on Scottish pistes. (or rents them)

I have seen some such companies in Albertville trying to flog second hand skis in shopping malls. (mostly kids skis, or blades for those who cannot tell the difference)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The charity shops around here sell them, seemingly without problem.

As long as they don't look them up and see price £X and think they are going to get that value. Priced "to go" someone will take them and at least they'll end up with someone that wants them.

Was in a independent clothes shop the other day and they had a few pairs for shop dressing along with miscellaneous other sporting hardware that no longer has a realistic use. Looked pretty good too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here are a few good ideas about how to 'Re-Cycle' old Skis/Snowboards... Cool

https://www.snowplaza.co.uk/blog/52133-ideas-diy-old-skis-snowboard/

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 2-02-21 11:52; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Allenheads ski club might take them. They have a shed of donated skis n boots (some are from the ark) that they "rent" out for a nominal donation of £5. It gives complete beginners the chance to try it out without breaking the bank.
Although this year they're having to halt that due to covid safety but I expect they'd be greatful of them anyway.
http://ski-allenheads.co.uk/contact/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I sold mine on Ebay.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My old ones aren't worth selling on ebay..
Just want to give donate them to a worthy cause.. Apart from my Scott "the skis" with marker binndibgss.. They must be worth at least adt a few pints
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy