Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lyon Airport - time from landing to out the arrivals' door

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Due to land at Lyon at 1105, Saturday 4 March. Still Parisian half term I think. What time should I allow from landing to out of door? I'll have skis as well as luggage. UK passport. My first thoughts are to allow 1-1/4 hours. But I'd be grateful for advice from those with recent experience.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lyon arrivals are actually usually pretty good. Passport control quick and efficient and have never had to wait a significant period of time on bags.

It is passport control when departing which is frequently an absolute disaster. When you get your gate, go immediately to it so you get through immigration, they frequently don't have enough staff on or the automated passport scanners have gone tech.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 19-02-23 22:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been through Lyon a few times in the last couple of years (recent?). Never taken more than an hour, bags always arrive quickly, the big Q is passport control which is a bit of a lottery because it depends how many other flights have arrived at about the same time as yours!
Overall, I think Lyon is better than Grenoble (easily) and at least as smooth as Geneva-the main attraction for us for the latter is car hire comes with winter tyres as we self drive.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NoMapNoCompass, and @snowhound, thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pity you have luggage, I normally do it in 20 minutes from the plane door to the bus.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@davidof, it's great when you can do it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We may have been lucky, but landing on the first Saturday of the first UK half term week we were in our (pre-booked) taxi 45 minutes after wheels down. Admittedly that was relatively late in the day (9pm ish), but did include waiting for one piece of checked luggage.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think lyon deliver ski's/oversized through a side door & not through the belt - so just be aware..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy