Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dogs in ski resorts

Poster: A snowHead
So the little guy is almost big enough to come touring with me. But the girlfriend still needs a few days on piste at the start of the season...

Does anyone know of any resorts with dog day care or resort hotels that allow dogs in the rooms. I'm pretty sure they won't let him run on piste next to me (Even though I have seen it before)

Target is areas near munich/Innsbruck that I can drive to...

Any suggestions?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would say it's very common for hotels to allow dogs in rooms. Have seen it quite a few times, but assumed that the owners took them with them when they go out.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dulcamara, duuude you got a dog?! I'll happily volunteer for doggy day care (and or take him touring while you look after your gf wink )

More seriously, there is an actual dog hotel in Innsbruck (completely with waterfall/swimming pool): http://www.hundepension.at

I think it's actually pretty common for hotels to allow dogs in Tyrol generally though, but definitely worth asking them first.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@dulcamara,
At the risk of teaching grandmother to suck eggs, check your pet's passport very carefully.
Our first dog to be passported had a blood test, so we didn't pay any attention when his replacement was passported. Earlier this year, before we realised that the withdrawal agreement hadn't made any changes for this year, we discovered that a blood test was not part of the passport issuing process for Beast Mk 2! That was indeed an "Oh dear" moment which took several weeks to correct
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@clarky999, Awesome thanks buddy! He's still a bit rubbish at long journeys (vomitty) but as soon as he's good We will come visit! Also still a little young so will have to be short tours to keep his hips in check.

@Nemisis, thanks for the heads up! Certainly will take a look before we try any flights! Time for some googling!

@DCG, I looked on a few hotel sites and they all said no dogs, perhaps i just got unlucky. Perhaps we can leave him in the room for a few hours and do 2 piste sessions instead of one long one.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@dulcamara,
A thought - my primary search tool for dog friendly hotels is Booking.com and ticking the boxes for pets and parking. I also use Google Earth/satellite view in Google Maps to check for grassy areas nearby!
Whether I book direct or thru Booking is another matter.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flucthorne in Galtur had two separate people staying with their hands when I was there 2018/19.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dulcamara, what breed? We’ve got a Golden Pup and were told to be very careful with running/ski touring until he’s at least 1 year old to avoid early joint damage. Good luck with the hotels - seems to be quite common in CH. we’ve found plenty of Verbier neighbors Willing to do doggy sitting - maybe post up on the FB page of wherever you’re going?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bob wrote:
Flucthorne in Galtur had two separate people staying with their hands when I was there 2018/19.

I normally do as well - mine aren't detachable! Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Planning to drive over with our passported (to be) Labrador to Austria in March. My wife will not be skiing. She will be walking her although a limited amount as she will only be 10 months. Plan to bring the crate if we need to eat out or use the sauna etc. My last Labrador ate through a wall at friends at a year!

I was surprised by the number of hotels that will take dogs in comparison with when we had our last girl in the noughties. Clicking the dog friendly button on Booking.com is great advice.

Took our last lab to a ski resort in NZ which is not so dog friendly - very basic spit n sawdust apartments only. Think they were surprised I had not brought a kennel for outside.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"Clicking the dog friendly button on Booking.com is great advice."

Sounds like a good plan! I live in Munich so maybe we can find a daily dog sitter for a few hours on the way to the resort.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There was a hotel in Ischgl that offered dog day care and walking. I cannot remember the name though, sorry.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In my experience every resort town has at least 1 hotel that takes dogs, be careful though: some of them charge you a daily fee for the privilege, not sure why!

I've yet to see "doggy day care" anywhere though, it would be very useful !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is an open facebook thing for Verier called Verbier Community and I have often seen people asking if anyone could walk their dog...and getting plenty of enthusiasm.
There are lots of resort workers who really miss their family dogs.

If you dig around you may well find a similar chat-page for your chosen resort in Austria.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Good thread.

I've just googled "Doggy in hotel" and found some excellent websites! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Some good tips here when we covered advice for taking your dog to a ski resort
https://audioboom.com/posts/7485609-47-fog-in-chambery-the-vallee-blanche-skiing-with-your-dog
ski holidays
We are happy to welcome dog guests in our chalet in Lenk. It’s a great ski touring area and also has fantastic on piste terrain to get your legs in. Please let me know if you’d like any more information.
latest report
Is there a list of hotels where you are guaranteed not to encounter any dogs? Evil or Very Mad
latest report
We have a small dog that goes most places with us. Never had an issue in Germany, Austria or Italy either with accommodation or in restaurants or bars. You often have to pay a small amount extra for the dog and it is best to say in advance you have a dog. Not taken her skiing though, as most dogs do she loves playing in snow but she would not be happy bounding along a piste. Doggie day care might be more of an issue, I cant see many places being happy for you to leave a dog on its own in a room or apartment.
ski holidays
@pam w, Ibis Style. We learnt that to our cost the other year staying outside Amsterdam. We had stayed at other Ibis hotels with Coco and I don’t think David looked at the detail closely enough when he booked. In the event we found another place and it was much better, and cost less.
latest report
The Hotel Grimming in Rauris advertises itself for dogs and friends. The ski area is relatively small but attractive. The hotel offers dog sitting and has a 'dog center', an outdoor area for dogs.
latest report
The Hotel Grimming in Rauris advertises itself for dogs and friends. The ski area is relatively small but attractive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy