Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Faith Healer Guru experience

Poster: A snowHead
So last evening I was at a small private function thrown by a friend/client, as it was his birthday and he and his team had just finished their London Conference.

He runs Family Office Events across the globe where the uber-wealthy UHNWI's gather to network, and for instance, at London he had Kristine Tompkins an American conservationist and former CEO of Patagonia. Many of the attendees are in the Green Environmental Philanthropic space, more here if you're at all interested..

My friend told me how one of the people was a Guru who had "fixed" his back, there were only 15 or so of us, so after dinner in the bar I went and had a chat.

And five mins later I was sitting down with him looking at my Achilles as I have severe tendonitis.

He had me raising my left arm and then had me pushing it down whilst at the same time he was holding it, with his other hand he was moving his hand, occasionally pressing down on my tendon, then like I've seen on documentaries he made out he took something out of my leg, and rather dramatically fell backwards making out what he had in his hands was very powerful/evil and then cupped his hands together and blew it upwards Shocked

I then stood up and walked a little and he asked me how it was, I said I could still probably feel 10% of what it was, and with that he said he doesn't do percentages, and had me sitting back down whilst this time he had me looking at him, looking at my leg and then he did a bit more of what he'd done previously but not so dramatic.

The pain dull ache that I had, and it was pretty severe, as earlier in the day I'd done a fast 10km on the Downs with some steep climbs and fast times, was a 3/10 compared to a 10/10 before he'd seen me.

Later I walked from Soho (Dean Street) to Oxford Circus wearing an old pair of loafers as I had my glad rags on, so flat soles not exactly Achilles friendly (I spend 90% of my time in trainers/hikingn shoes) and I did think that would be a test.

So fast forward to this morning and just back from walking the dogs, and it's still a 3/10 where after a run like yesterday I'd be feeling it for a day or two.

So what's it all about ?

A massive placebo, or did he slyly hypnotize me, or does he have some sort of ethereal power?

His name is Ravi Mantha, and away from his healing he does loads of other interesting stuff that is quite mind boggling!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure what happened to you, but is a fact that placebos can work even when the subject is fully aware that they are "taking" one. Regardless, I hope the relief continues. Results are what matters most here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's no fool like an old fool. Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
And a fool and his money ...

(Why else was he there?)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, the guy just did it, no money.

It was just a small social group nothing to do with the main event.

He was actually there not for the healing side of things anyway but to promote his own philanthropic environmental projects.

I suspect he too is from a very wealthy family.

And today it's still not too bad, and after another Bikram sesh.

Further Edit just spoke to my friend and as an aside asked him if his back was still ok, he replied yes, but that later in the evening he commented that he'd probably have a sore head in the morning due to the Red wind and Aramanac and the Guru heard this and said no you won't and did a quick head massage, and the next morning my friend woke up totally forgetting about how he was meant to be feeling and it was only, later on, did he remember the Guru touching his head!

Off out for an easy 5km so will be another test.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Weathercam, he's a charlatan. There's really no argument about it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Weathercam, been drinking too much again Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, I take it a little bit of open mindedness is not one of your strong points Laughing

I'm just back from that 5km which in the end I did not take that easy, banging out a number of PR's, ok was helped by a tail wind and a sled dog pulling me along, but still I only have a mild ache whereas normally after that effort I'd be in pain.

So charlatan, placebo or whatever I'll take it Very Happy

https://strava.app.link/xee8BaJ6Zjb
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I should share that story with my physical therapist!

She has that same amazing effect on me too, just without the drama.

I go to her once in a great while, when I have a nagging issue that wouldn't go away. She always seem to nail it without my having to show her exactly where the problem was. And yes, sometimes she dig somewhere else completely unrelated (seemingly) and the result was quite impressive.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Weathercam, ok, propose please a plausible mechanism of action? That actually might possibly fit within "known" science? Science doesn't pretend to know everything but e.g. the Standard Model https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model seems to be pretty good, albeit imperfect... c.f. GPS, etc.

I am very open minded, just not so much that my brains fall out.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Placebo effect. Well researched and documented. It might have been a bit of hypnosis. With people that are susceptible, it doesn't take much to have an effect.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
abc wrote:
I should share that story with my physical therapist!

She has that same amazing effect on me too, just without the drama.

I go to her once in a great while, when I have a nagging issue that wouldn't go away. She always seem to nail it without my having to show her exactly where the problem was. And yes, sometimes she dig somewhere else completely unrelated (seemingly) and the result was quite impressive.

We call that a massage with a happy ending in the UK aka tits and a hand shandy.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
When my back was bad and nothing appeared to work, I tried 2 different faith healers that came recommended.....neither made the slightest difference. The only thing that did, was a spinal fusion.

I have seen people healed of shingles....one of whom was my Uncle.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Old Fartbag wrote:
When my back was bad and nothing appeared to work, I tried 2 different faith healers that came recommended.....neither made the slightest difference. The only thing that did, was a spinal fusion.

I have seen people healed of shingles....one of whom was my Uncle.

Yep, I had shingles a few years ago, and a couple of people suggested a charm for it, which I poo pooed. But afterwards the number of people that claim to have been cured was amazing, to the point that I'll try it if I get them again. It's pretty amazing whether it works itself, or as a placebo - which would suggest the human brain is able to somehow increase the immune system's effectiveness.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There are pretty good shingles vaccines these days. From what I've heard about shingles, I would not want to get it once, let alone twice. Maybe save the placebos for something else that medical science hasn't yet figured out?
ski holidays
Shingles is a great one for faith healers as it goes away anyway.
ski holidays
I reckon your drinking was spiked

I was out with a bunch of nobodies on Wednesday. Had a brilliant time.
latest report
Faith healing - the clue is in the name. Faith aka mind over matter.
ski holidays
OK here's one for you all Very Happy

https://www.bcurelaser.co.uk/

I've been using it for just over 5 weeks now and be it a lingering placebo effect from the Faith Healer or it in itself is a massive placebo, but all the tests and trials point otherwise (see above link) and in treating my Achilles tendonitis something has worked!

https://stylealtitude.com/b-cure-laser-pro-how-to-heal-ski-knee-and-back-pain.html
snow report
@Weathercam, cold lasers have been used by physiotherapists for several decades. I think the results account for their continued use.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy