Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Never mind Snow Reports...what about Rain Reports

Poster: A snowHead
Total utter DELUGE here this afternoon in leafy Surrey.

I have never seen anything like it, anywhere/anytime, in my life.

The amount of detritus and mud swept into my courtyard is going to take days to wheelbarrow away....many cubic meters of the stuff.

We are OK...there are going to be a lot of poor sods with flooded houses all over the UK (it certainly isn't a Surrey problem)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@rungsp, gere in the Essex desert we had a small thunderstorm this morning, no break in the temperature. hope we get some rain but not on that scale!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx wrote:
@rungsp, gere in the Essex desert we had a small thunderstorm this morning, no break in the temperature. hope we get some rain but not on that scale!

We heard that thunder in the distance and had a few drops of rain but then it went again. So hot, so humid, and everything is so brown! It tried to rain again late afternoon but gave up after a few drops.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CaravanSkier, lucky its cooled down here. Brightlingsea tomorrow...hope its cooler and wont mind rain at all
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For the last couple of days we've been on the edge of storm cells as the moved around us, with plenty of distant thunder but no more than a brief, light rain shower. Wonder how long that will last? Meanwhile, our friends four miles away near Richmond posted a video on FB of a heavy hailstorm and then flash flood running down their road, a small raging torrent.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nowt in Kent/West Sussex. Looked like it wanted to off the channel but then sloped off.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Biblical in Chatel. Thunder, lightning, wind at 55kph. Mind you that’s normal for an alpine summer afternoon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It’s all rather localised. It’s a year ago since the cloudburst in Swaledale and Wensleydale did so much damage. It’ll probably take a few more years yet to replace the bridges lost and repair others damage. A number of houses are still unoccupied. That storm was centred in an area less than a mile wide.

The met O 30 day outlook is for a slow return to more unsettled and cooler conditions Across the country after a period of exceptional heat in the south.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Next Thursday onwards looks particularly stormy on the short term models for Ireland and parts of UK
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@holidayloverxx, We did have a storm overnight so it is a little cooler so far today, and not so humid thankfully.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yesterday morning we had thunder rumbling all around for quite a while, then the sky unleashed a total deluge for about an hour.
The Fates had arranged for me to be in the farthest corner of the golf course when the lightning warning Klaxon sounded and the Heavens opened. Being without an umbrella was my fault Toofy Grin
Luckily, we're not prone to flooding so no (little?) harm done but the weather this morning is cool, damp & overcast - quite a change!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Red Leon wrote:
The Fates had arranged for me to be in the farthest corner of the golf course when the lightning warning Klaxon sounded and the Heavens opened. Being without an umbrella was my fault Toofy Grin

Err, if there's a lightning warning then putting up an umbrella while on a golf course might not be the best move anyway..... wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@DJL, We could see the storm sitting in the Chatel / Abondance Valley, by the time it came up and over there was a lot less thunder and lightning, but it was proper half-inch diameter stair rods. Garden wont need watering today Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not even a rumble up here in the North Eastern God's County
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No, but God's country has had low cloud and drizzle wafting past the windows like smoke.......
snow report
snowhound wrote:
Nowt in Kent/West Sussex. Looked like it wanted to off the channel but then sloped off.

We had a deluge in NW Kent from about 3pm for an hour.
I'd been tracking the storm on www.lightningmaps.org which is a great site. It shows global real-time lightning strikes. Great fun to watch when it's near you and you can anticipate when you will hear the thinder
latest report

Never mind Rain reports, what about hail reports! Riders in the Criterium du Dauphine were hit by huge hailstones which in at least one case left a rider withe large red welts on his back. Shocked https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/14/sport/cycling-hailstones-critrium-du-dauphin-spt-intl/index.html
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy