Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How flexible is Eurotunnel flexiplus?

Poster: A snowHead
How flexible is a flexiplus ticket on the tunnel? Does it allow you to turn up on any day, or just anytime on your chosen day?
It seems to suggest you can change the day, but the pricing seems different, so if you book a day where flexiplus is say £270, and want to change to a day where it’s £350 do you get charged the difference?

Is it possible that if you want to move days that flexiplus availability can even be totally gone?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@ish303, it is that flexible! I only buy packs so don't know about individual ticket prices, but I'm sure that the only time I have bought a single ticket, I bought for a different day to when we intended to travel as that day had sold out. Think of it as a permit to travel and book the cheapest day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I booked one when we had to come back during the start of lockdown, as there was nothing else showing as available.
We were just waved through to the next train, called in at the Flexiplus lounge window and stocked up with sandwiches and drinks, then homeward bound.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ish303, I was told I had to arrive +/- 24hrs of my booked ticket, otherwise I'd need to call and get it assigned to another day. This was a couple of weeks ago for the frequent traveller flexiplus, which has no peak day supplements.

For normal flexiplus, the website states that you'll have to pay a supplement at check-in if you're using a non-peak ticket on a peak day:
"Peak Day Charges are payable on tickets through our website, contact centre or at check in. Passengers booking a non-peak day ticket, must pay the Peak Day Charge if travelling on a peak day. Passengers booking to travel on a peak day who travel on a non-peak day will receive an automatic refund of the Peak Day Charge."
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We’ve got specific timed crossings out and back in the next couple of weeks, was wondering about buying a one way flexiplus for the return so if we have to make a dash home at short notice (can’t afford 2 weeks of quarantine!) we’d be able to. But sounds like we’d have to call and reallocate if we don’t use it on the day we booked, and more than likely have to pay more if that days flexiplus costs more.
Sigh, hard to second guess this sort of stuff, my worry is if France gets put on the list there will be a mad dash back by 1000’s of Brits.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

my worry is if France gets put on the list there will be a mad dash back by 1000’s of Brits

Undoubtedly - we're lucky in that we can WFH so will stay Cool

At moment my worry is quarantine will be announced today/tomorrow - at which point France will reciprocate I'm sure.

I'm kind of hoping that that last point, the discussions around immigrants, Brexit discussions and general trade through Dover/Calais will mean France remains possible
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
February half term this year we booked our return leg on the Sunday, decided to keep going and cross on the Saturday so called ET uk just to ensure we could go, they said should be ok but no more tickets were available so might be refused, take your chance. Called French side they said no problem. We tipped up a full day early (the Saturday) on one of the busiest days of the year and sailed through. I wouldn't worry.

I booked through Erna Low and it's cheaper than booking a Flexiplus direct by over £100.

Only thing is you can't buy a ticket for a less popular day and go through on a popular day such as half term or you'll be charged the difference. Makes sense or we'd all do it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowdave, we often travel on a different day to the one that I've booked. Possibly, they have changed their T&Cs recently? Or we've just been lucky.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Blimey, I've been using Flexiplus for donkey's years and have never heard of "peak day supplements", and have never had a problem turning up on a different day to the "nominal" one. Have they changed or have I just been blissfully ignorant all these years?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Yoda, I've had them for Frequent Traveller, but not heard of them for Flexiplus.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/tickets-and-fares/types/flexiplus/flexiplus-peak-dates/ is pretty clear about the potential charges.

I suspect that most of the time it's fine turning up on different days etc, but if the UK declares a French quarantine effective at T+30hrs, and 20,000 people turn up at the tunnel with Flexiplus, we'll rapidly discover the Ts and Cs that really matter...

I might be going back out again in a few days. If I do, my plan is to maintain a rolling booking for the journey home, i.e. each day, move it to the next day, so at any point I can make a run for the border!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We always get flexiplus included in with our booking, never had any issue turning up at anytime, this year we were three weeks early due to france locking down, straight through no problem
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@snowdave, that's interesting. I wonder if that's a recent change? We buy our flexi tickets under the Frequent Traveller scheme and they are still advertised as having no peak supplements. So, it appears that some flexi tickets are more flexible than others....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@rachelharrisonsmith, yes, I do the same, and I think it’s a big advantage of the frequent traveller flexi plus. In my case I think all my usage would count as peak, so with flexi plus I get 10 tickets for the price of 6.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
From Eurotunnel on Twitter today:

Following the UK government's announcement, we would like to advise customers - including Flexiplus - currently in France and hoping to return early, that they must amend their tickets online at http://eurotunnel.com, before travelling to the French terminal.
latest report
I`m confused, I`ve never used Flexiplus but I thought the whole idea was that you did not need to book a specific crossing, you just turned up when you wished? I have heard folks complaining that they`ve been bumped to a later crossing because so many flexiplus ticket holders have turned up for a particular crossing.
snow report
@CaravanSkier, yes, but there's been an (apparently unenforced to date) rule about it being +/-24 hrs unless you call up to change it.

Clearly there needs to be some kind of get-out for Eurotunnel at times like this, otherwise several days' worth of pax could turn up for shuttles over the next 24 hrs and overwhelm the capacity, even before "normal" tickets are accepted.
snow conditions
@snowdave, That makes sense.
ski holidays
snowdave wrote:
From Eurotunnel on Twitter today:

Following the UK government's announcement, we would like to advise customers - including Flexiplus - currently in France and hoping to return early, that they must amend their tickets online at http://eurotunnel.com, before travelling to the French terminal.

We were three hours into our journey to Calais from Chatel when I got the text message above from Eurotunnel. We had a flexiplus return booked for Saturday but already planned to travel on Friday due to another commitment at home. I hadn’t bothered changing the booking as assumed it would be fine as should be quieter than Saturday. Had a slightly worried rest of journey when every Eurotunnel slot on Friday was booked up and thought we might have to wait until midnight to be let on but breezed through check in at 4pm (27 hours earlier than our booked time). They were clearly trying to stop 1000s extra turning up (the chief exec was on the news saying so) but the main benefit you pay extra for is that flexibility. They may of course change the T&C’s now.
latest report
@snowdave, there were complaints on Twitter from standard tickets holders being bumped from their booked departures and delayed for two hours while flex tickets holders were accommodated. Sounds like being on the Titanic.
snow report
BergenBergen wrote:
@snowdave, there were complaints on Twitter from standard tickets holders being bumped from their booked departures and delayed for two hours while flex tickets holders were accommodated. Sounds like being on the Titanic.

That doesn't happen there's a specific amount of flexi spaces on a train you'll not have a train full of flexi tickets. Although the last few days were unprecedented.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to pay a supplement if you bought a flexi ticket for a less popular time and used it at a peak time.

What is clear is this 14 day quarantine is not sustainable and needs to change to a sensible policy as soon as possible. I'm less confident about my ski holidays this coming season now, we will see......
snow conditions
We had to make a mad dash for the train on Friday to avoid quarantine. We had a booked ticket for this coming Tuesday, couldn't amend it online so called and swapped it to a Flexi ticket with a 6am Saturday crossing, but told we could turn up anytime after midnight and simply get on the next available.

They were adamant that there would always be enough Flexi spaces on the trains even with the quarantine coming in. Admit I was somewhat suspicious but we turned up at 2am and had no problem getting on the next train across and beating the 4am deadline. The Flexi lounge with free drinks / food was a nice bonus.
snow report
@James77 {this 14 day quarantine is not sustainable and needs to change to a sensible policy}

Remember all this was for just 39 people. Yes, that's right, 39. Given the number of Brits on holiday in France x avg. rate of infection in France = 39

If they'd said 'Anyone going after Saturday has to quarantine on return.' they'd have missed just 39 infections. Given the UK baseline rate, that's about 16 more than if they'd all stayed at home. So it's actually 16 extra infections missed. At a time when more than a dozen towns and cities in the UK have a rate higher then the French average, with Middlesbrough at over 4x that of France, for example. And we don't tell people who've visited there to quarantine. I can't help thinking it's all for show.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy