Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Pass: European Multi-Resort Season Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Morning all

Couldn't find the thread where we were discussing it, so started a new one.

Admin please feel free to add this to the existing thread if it needs context.

----------

Had the email this morning

Quote:
Hi!

Congratulations!
You were one of the first 50.000 to pre-book a SNOWPASS CARD!

Living means acting and not stay still and watching life goes by.
While so many others lost their energies arguing about SNOWPASS CARD being too good to be true, you dared to join the big snow family!

People like you deserve the best, and it's our job to make it possible.
Now you are among the ones who share with you the same passion: the snow!

We work hard to improve.
We are still negotiating with many more ski resorts to join soon, but by now we already have more than 100 ski resorts.
We will keep on working to make SNOWPASS CARD always better.
And that is why we are the biggest ski pass in the world!

The list of partner ski resorts will be announced on our web site (www.snowpass.com) on the 8th of May 2019
And the sales will start on the 12th May at 12h:12m12s
We just want to make sure that you are ready!

Please click the link below to get to know some of SNOWPASS CARD partner ski resorts!
www.snowpass.com/ski-resorts

Please, keep it secret! Wink

Best regards,

Here's the link to the resorts who've already signed up

https://snowpass.com/en/23-ski-resorts

Some well known names, plenty of 'niche' ski resorts / areas.

A few which are geographically close to each other which could offer a 'road trip' ski holiday.

I've been looking at the 'triangle' which takes in eastern Austria, Slovenia and Italy and there are a few in that area to make this pass work.

Kanin, Zoncolan, Piancavallo, Ravascletto, Forni di Spora, Tarvisio, Sauris, Sella Nevea

Looks like average day pass price for the resorts already included are in the 30-35 euro range, so 11-14 days to break even if purchased at the Pre-Pass price of 395 euros

I'll be buying

Thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quite a few options for the Krauts and some decent 'names" elsewhere - Isola 2000, Galtur. I was sceptical but could be decent product taking traffic to some respectable little hills.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Isola2000 is like 165eur for a 6 days in high season, cheap. It's like 15 days at least to break even. Who travels a lot or is local might be interested. However, 395 is early bird price with 50% discount. Don't see anyone jumping on this with regular price.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
At €395 good value indeed, higher price probably better options out there, I didn't expect any of the bigger areas to be involved.
Champex Lac can be epic with fresh snow. Good way to get off the beaten track and explore some places I wouldn't normally consider going to.
I'm 50/50 as to whether I'm going to buy, another one or two solid additions might sway me.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've had the email too and have been quickly looking through the Swiss resorts to get a feel. Most are very small unheard of villages but they seem to be in tight geographic clusters; for instance there are three up the road to the Grand St Bernard Pass one of which is mentioned in the previous post. Another two in the valley north of Adelboden.

Back under the motorhome now cleaning all the salt encrusted rust off from the last trip!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it just me or was the 10 day limit at any one resort / group of resorts not that obvious? And indeed which of the listed are grouped together?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mike Pow wrote:
I've been looking at the 'triangle' which takes in eastern Austria, Slovenia and Italy and there are a few in that area to make this pass work.

Kanin, Zoncolan, Piancavallo, Ravascletto, Forni di Spora, Tarvisio, Sauris, Sella Nevea

Add Arnoldstein just over the boarder in Austria to that triangle as well. I've heard whispers of good tree skiing there when the snow is good.

I have to point out though that Zoncolan and Ravascletto are the same resort, as are Kanin and Sella Nevea. I don't know if the double counting is intentionally misleading to pad the numbers or the product of poor research. This is not the case of two linked resorts. Ravascletto is the village name and Zoncolan is the name of the mountain. It would be like claiming Argentiere and Les Grands Montets as two separate resorts.

The pass may still be good value for the right customer. I'm just making an observation.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 6-05-19 20:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Quite a few options for the Krauts and some decent 'names" elsewhere - Isola 2000, Galtur. I was sceptical but could be decent product taking traffic to some respectable little hills.

I'm a connoisseur of little German resorts. Many of my best days have been on Bavarian mountains with between one and five lifts. Steep, Deep and Cheap.

But at first glance, the German offerings here are flat and short. Most seem to be in Germany's smaller ranges like the Bavarian Forrest and Black Forrest.

I definitely would not buy this based on the German offerings (although I see some interesting places included in other countries). For German resorts, the 5 Berge & Co and AlpenPlus passes offer much better hills at a lower price.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mike Pow wrote:
Morning all

----------

Quote:
Hi!

Congratulations!

While so many others lost their energies arguing about SNOWPASS CARD being too good to be true, you dared to join the big snow family!

We work hard to improve.
We are still negotiating with many more ski resorts to join soon, but by now we already have more than 100 ski resorts.

The list of partner ski resorts will be announced on our web site (www.snowpass.com) on the 8th of May 2019

Please click the link below to get to know some of SNOWPASS CARD partner ski resorts!

Best regards,

A few which are geographically close to each other which could offer a 'road trip' ski holiday.

Looks like average day pass price for the resorts already included are in the 30-35 euro range, so 11-14 days to break even if purchased at the Pre-Pass price of 395 euros

I'll be buying

Thoughts?

Do you have any commercial links to this?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ami in berlin wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Add Arnoldstein just over the boarder in Austria to that triangle as well. I've heard whispers of good tree skiing there when the snow is good.

I have to point out though that Zoncolan and Ravascletto are the same resort, as are Kanin and Sella Nevea. I don't know if the double counting is intentionally misleading to pad the numbers or the product of poor research. This is not the case of two linked resorts. Ravascletto is the village name and Zoncolan is the name of the mountain. It would be like claiming Argentiere and Les Grands Montets as two separate resorts.

The pass may still be good value for the right customer. I'm just making an observation.

Yes Arnoldstein is on the 'tour'. Thanks.

Fair call with the doubles.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mike Pow, also worth mentioning that all the resorts on the Italian and Slovenian sides of the "triangle" list you mention are covered by a regional, multi day pass, so might be worth doing some sums to see if buying that plus some other single day passes would be cheaper - particularly if you're visiting low season (138 euros for 7 days for the regional pass, for example).

Link to the pass prices here.

As above, just an observation - not a judgement on whether the Snow Pass is worthwhile or not.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
denfinella wrote:
@Mike Pow, also worth mentioning that all the resorts on the Italian and Slovenian sides of the "triangle" list you mention are covered by a regional, multi day pass, so might be worth doing some sums to see if buying that plus some other single day passes would be cheaper - particularly if you're visiting low season (138 euros for 7 days for the regional pass, for example).

Link to the pass prices here.

As above, just an observation - not a judgement on whether the Snow Pass is worthwhile or not.

Excellent.

And this is why Snowheads is so good.

Cheers Smile
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:
Morning all

----------

Quote:
Hi!

Congratulations!

We work hard to improve.

Best regards,

I'll be buying

Thoughts?

Do you have any commercial links to this?

None.

Would have disclosed that from the start.

Think it's a great idea/opportunity.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nice idea but not sure it is going to go very far. From a perspective in southern Germany, it would be much better to buy one of the various multi resort cards already available eg Super Ski card or the various Tirol ones. I believe there is a Vorarlberg one too. As has been pointed out above there are already multi resort passes available further south too. The magic pass in Switzerland seems to work but that has a sharper geographical focus. I can see a few people would find it interesting to buy and then try to visit all the various resorts but realistically how many people will be attracted to that? I suspect it costs little to run the operation and for the resorts there is little or no risk but doubt it will be a long term success.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
munich_irish wrote:
Nice idea but not sure it is going to go very far. From a perspective in southern Germany, it would be much better to buy one of the various multi resort cards already available eg Super Ski card or the various Tirol ones. I believe there is a Vorarlberg one too. As has been pointed out above there are already multi resort passes available further south too. The magic pass in Switzerland seems to work but that has a sharper geographical focus. I can see a few people would find it interesting to buy and then try to visit all the various resorts but realistically how many people will be attracted to that? I suspect it costs little to run the operation and for the resorts there is little or no risk but doubt it will be a long term success.

Depends how many trips you take per season and how 'wedded' you are to a destination.

Just had a week at Cortina and the Super Dolomiti Pass for 6-days was 238 euros - which was absolutely worth the money.

If you do two trips per season and the second destination has a comparable pass price you're already up to approx. 476 euros

So at 395 euros it's a no brainer.

At 500 euros or greater not so much.
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, The areas offered by the Dolomiti Superski Pass and the Snowpass Card are hardly comparable though. The Dolomiti Superski Pass offers ski areas that are major destinations in their own right, the Snowpass Card offers a large number of low altitude resorts whose main appeal is to people who live nearby and are after a cheap slide at the weekend if the conditions are favourable (Galtur and Isola 2000 excepted, but neither of these are places that I would really want to spend a whole week and it is hardly convenient to get from one to the other).

For people who want a cheap season pass that covers multiple areas then the Magic Pass is a hugely better option, it offers many very good ski areas, many of which are close enough together that you don’t need to keep changing accommodation to visit them, and its about £100 cheaper than the discount price for Snowpass. I can’t see Snowpass selling more than a tiny number of full price tickets, I just don’t know who they would appeal to, even the discount price doesn’t look very enticing. Maybe if you live within easy driving distance of several you would save yourself money over the number of day passes that you would typically buy.
snow report
@Mike Pow, it depends on what you want. A 10 day random use Super ski card was €466 if bought before the beginning of December and that covers a large number of resorts big to small. The Tirol card was more expensive as it is only full season ie €797 but that covers pretty much every resort in the Tirol (except the Arlberg) including glacier skiing . A 6 day pass in one of the big areas will be in the region of €300 so you dont have to go very often for one of the existing passes to make sense (probably makes sense if you ski more than 18 days a season).

I can see that there would be a small market for folk who might fancy a trip to Isola and also to Galtür (for example) in the same season but not sure that there would really be the numbers to make this financially worthwhile for the folk running it.
snow report
rambotion wrote:
@Mike Pow, The areas offered by the Dolomiti Superski Pass and the Snowpass Card are hardly comparable though. The Dolomiti Superski Pass offers ski areas that are major destinations in their own right, the Snowpass Card offers a large number of low altitude resorts whose main appeal is to people who live nearby and are after a cheap slide at the weekend if the conditions are favourable (Galtur and Isola 2000 excepted, but neither of these are places that I would really want to spend a whole week and it is hardly convenient to get from one to the other).

For people who want a cheap season pass that covers multiple areas then the Magic Pass is a hugely better option, it offers many very good ski areas, many of which are close enough together that you don’t need to keep changing accommodation to visit them, and its about £100 cheaper than the discount price for Snowpass. I can’t see Snowpass selling more than a tiny number of full price tickets, I just don’t know who they would appeal to, even the discount price doesn’t look very enticing. Maybe if you live within easy driving distance of several you would save yourself money over the number of day passes that you would typically buy.

The Magic Pass may well be cheap(er) but Switzerland certainly isn't. It gives with one hand and takes with the other.

This pass appeals to me because

1. it works out cheaper than 2 x 6-day passes over two European 7-10 day holidays

2. it includes a number of ski areas - big & small - geographically close to each other which offer a different ski experience from spending 7-10 days at one destination regardless of its reputation or scope of skiing.

3. this list is far from complete and once all the resorts have been named many may be kicking themselves they didn't sign up for the early price with no financial obligation.
snow conditions
@munich_irish, @rambotion, I agree with you both but I will be trying it for next season because I tour for 2 months in a motorhome and this pass gives me a great deal of flexibility. The start of the last two seasons have been notable by the big difference in conditions at either end of the Alps so I can choose where to head for to hit the best snow. It's better to be low and in the right place than high and in the wrong place. I rarely spend longer than 5-7 days in any particular resort before moving on, I actually prefer small 30-60km resorts to big resorts (even for a week) and I'd rather be carving up a blue at speed than doing steeper technical stuff.

I've checked enough resorts to satisfy myself that there are a good number of motorhome friendly places and there are. I'll probably pass east/west or west/east through the northern Italian resorts and may even get to the Pyrenees for the first time. This pass is made for me.

The only problem I face is whether to take my French, Italian or German/Austrian gas bottles!
snow conditions
BoardieK wrote:
@munich_irish, @rambotion, ...I will be trying it for next season because...this pass gives me a great deal of flexibility.

The start of the last two seasons have been notable by the big difference in conditions at either end of the Alps so I can choose where to head for to hit the best snow.

It's better to be low and in the right place than high and in the wrong place.

I rarely spend longer than...2-3... days in any particular resort before moving on, I actually prefer small 30-60km resorts to big resorts (even for a week)...

This +1
(I've edited it a bit, but the sentiment rings true)
ski holidays
So many of us, myself included, think that the-only-place-to-ski is at a large, well known, mega resort.
We have probably never even been to a small or very small ski area and assume they are no good.

I have explored some of those types of places (mostly in Japan), but only a very few, and have always enjoyed myself. For example look on page 7 of the Verbier snow report thread for my day-trip to Champex Lac...perhaps the best day of my 60+ day season (as an aside: why am I such a medium quality skier with all that skiing?!).

If we were not tied to Verbier and its immediate locale I would certainly go for this pass, or Magic Pass, for a season or two.

Hopping from place to place, not being dependent on booking up ages in advance...I can really see the appeal.
latest report
I have no doubt that some awesome days and new experiences would be had by making best use of this pass, but other than a long tour or living nearby several of the included areas I think the attraction for anyone else will be limited.
If I was organising three trips over the course of a year I probably wouldn't structure it round day trips to resorts on this pass and I certainly think I would struggle to sell it as an idea to the friends I usually travel with.
But best of luck to anyone it will suit!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 7-05-19 18:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
rungsp wrote:
So many of us, myself included, think that the-only-place-to-ski is at a large, well known, mega resort.
We have probably never even been to a small or very small ski area and assume they are no good.

I have explored some of those types of places (mostly in Japan), but only a very few, and have always enjoyed myself. For example look on page 7 of the Verbier snow report thread for my day-trip to Champex Lac...perhaps the best day of my 60+ day season (as an aside: why am I such a medium quality skier with all that skiing?!).

If we were not tied to Verbier and its immediate locale I would certainly go for this pass, or Magic Pass, for a season or two.

Hopping from place to place, not being dependent on booking up ages in advance...I can really see the appeal.

Most of my best days skiing have been at small-medium ski areas/resorts with reasonable lift ticket prices; no lift queues; quiet pistes; no mad rush to get to the powder; and value for money coffee & lunch breaks.

Both the Magic Pass and proposed Snow Pass fit that bill, but as mentioned earlier the non-skiing components are cheaper outside of Switzerland in my experience.
snow conditions
One of the more unusual ski areas would seem to be Tarvisio in Italy right up against the Slovenian and Austrian borders where, at the top of the mountain, you will find this:

snow report
Yep.

Good enough for TGR, good enough for me

Was hoping to get there in March '18 but Nerys couldn't get the time off Sad

http://youtube.com/v/5Q0YwzoVxNs

http://youtube.com/v/XVZIh2J2rME

http://youtube.com/v/yn7W_RZDXnM

http://youtube.com/v/5HbfY6xFgM8
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:

Thoughts?

Scam
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Thoughts?

Scam

And that is based on what please?
ski holidays
The main market for any of these passes is folk who live nearby most of whom ski weekends or half term week plus weekends, itinerant brits will be a (very) small minority. Thus if you live in Salzburg the Super Ski pass is a good option, if you live in Lausanne then the Magic pass is ideal and the Tirol or Olympic cards perfect if you live in Innsbruck. The small resorts rely on people who live nearby who want a morning or afternoon's skiing when conditions are good. The smaller resorts are often empty during the week even in perfect conditions, ideal for those with no time restraints. I am sure there are some great resorts covered by this pass but still cant see how the pass itself makes sense unless you have very specific holiday plans.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
https://www.fis-ski.com/en/international-ski-federation/news-multimedia/news/snowpass-card-the-first-european-wide-season-ski-pass
snow report
BoardieK wrote:
at the top of the mountain, you will find this: ...
Wow, that's pretty. Worth a visit just for the view.
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
I am sure there are some great resorts covered by this pass but still cant see how the pass itself makes sense unless you have very specific holiday plans.
For a one-week a year skier from the UK this makes no sense, but if you have the flexibility to ski more than two or three weeks the advance price seems like a good way to save a bit of money, especially if you like to visit smaller resorts not usually on the radar of UK skiers. Under different circumstances I'd definitely go for it.
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
munich_irish wrote:
I am sure there are some great resorts covered by this pass but still cant see how the pass itself makes sense unless you have very specific holiday plans.
For a one-week a year skier from the UK this makes no sense, but if you have the flexibility to ski more than two or three weeks the advance price seems like a good way to save a bit of money, especially if you like to visit smaller resorts not usually on the radar of UK skiers. Under different circumstances I'd definitely go for it.

I think those who like smaller resorts are the minority.

Here in the US, there's also a "small resort collective" pass (forgot what it's called). There's a definite following from those who PREFER smaller resort. So there's no such agony of "some great resorts covered by this pass", because they're specifically NOT looking for "great resorts".

I too, can see myself being drawn to such a deal "under different circumstances". Very Happy
snow report
abc wrote:
I think those who like smaller resorts are the minority.
Indeed, which means the smaller resorts are likely to stay small, and hence keep their attraction to those who like small resorts. That might make this new pass not viable if too few people sign up for it, but I think it's worth a try to see how the market responds.
snow report
Substitute 'value for money' for 'smaller' maybe.

Most skiers/snowboarders paying a premium for lift passes at the 'great resorts' are only able to ski/ride a fraction of the available terrain on any given day, often with hordes of others.
ski holidays
“Smaller” resorts typically cost less than the mega link resorts.

For those who don’t mind moving on after a few days, the non-linked smaller mountains offer just as much variety as the linked mega resorts. If minus the convenience of putting on ski from the same lodge/hotel/ condo every morning.

So, same “value” for less cost. Yep, “value for money”.

And the added benefit of typically less crowded mountains.

Either way, it’s really for people who skis more than one week a year.
ski holidays
At 395 it looks like it could we worth a punt, not planning on being the Europe 19/20 so unless that changes I'm out. Do like the smaller resorts though, need to collect those fridge magnets and rucksack patches!

Annoyingly there is no detailed map with all the resorts to check the feasibility of a tour/weekend trips.

What are the length of seasons at these places? Seems like without the big names this pass becomes redundant due to lack of snow quite quickly (e.g. Easter weekend).
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Substitute 'value for money' for 'smaller' maybe.

Most skiers/snowboarders paying a premium for lift passes at the 'great resorts' are only able to ski/ride a fraction of the available terrain on any given day, often with hordes of others.

Absolutely. And if you do visit a different small (e.g. 40 km) resort each day, you end up with just as much terrain over 7 days (= 280 km) as you would at a single, big resort. And you may well get more variety too, as you'll be covering a larger geographical area, and starting in a different place each day rather than the same resort.

I'm a big fan of "touring" holidays like this (i.e. touring by car, not on skis!), whether with a pass covering multiple resorts or buying day passes as you go.

Driving to different ski areas also makes it easier to explore the region from a cultural point of view. For example, in March we skied 10 Italian areas in 1 week from a central base near Cavalese, generally within an hour's drive. Each evening, on the way back after lift closing time, we explored one of a series of beautiful towns, villages, churches and a large geological museum - like you might do on a holiday at another time of year, except with full skiing days added in too. If you're spending a week in La Plagne (for example), you're unlikely to get further than your own resort.

Depending on location, you can have more flexibility to deal with weather. Snowstorm? Head for a wooded area. Warm day or poor snow? Head for one of the high or shady resorts... etc.

Further money can be saved as you're more likely to drive past large supermarkets on your way back in the evening, which are cheaper than small, resort shops. As you're not limited to a specific resort for finding accommodation, you often end up spending less on an apartment (or get a bigger place for the same amount of money).

My personal feeling about the Snowpass card is that there currently too few resorts close enough together to make sensible "cluster" for a week (the eastern Italian resorts are an exception, but they already have a cheaper local pass). And as I only ski one or two weeks a year (and spend about £200-250 on lift passes each time), the cost saving is marginal. So it doesn't work for me, at the moment. However, that may change if lots more resorts are added. And I can see a use for people with slightly different circumstances. e.g. people who live closer to the Alps and make frequent, shorter trips to different resorts; or, people who ski more than two weeks each year in different parts of the Alps.
snow conditions
Not necessarily. There are many reasons for choosing a larger ski area.
For a faster skier comfortable on all pistes, it offers a more interesting day enabling him to ski from place to place instead on repeating the same pistes and waiting for the same lifts. Going from peak to peak, valley to valley. Different views and conditions. You can go up if the visibility is good or hide between the trees, all in the same big area.
Start early if the conditions allow and you will probably won't suffer so much from the queues. Or use a morning bus to get to the other end and do your tracks against the main crowds (I learned that after one very long queue on my way from St. Anton to Lech)
Choosing smaller ski areas (40 kms for example) with limited variety, number and length of pistes will force to go up and down the same tracks, if you only go on piste. It may be fun to work on your technique and to improve, but it soon becomes boring.
I've been to Risoul once, took us about one hour to get there from Briançon area. After 4 to 5 hours you flee back to the car or stop for a long lunch before returning. While in a big resort you can ski all day long with minimal coffee stops.
30 to 60 min drive in each direction on winter mountain roads is not my idea of winter ski vacation fun (to each his own, i know). In the summer it is perfect, allowing one to acknowledge different areas, restaurants etc. as you mentioned.
It will be interesting to see how well it will be adopted. Hope more resorts will join in the future years.
snow report
@drporat, not necessarily what? Which part are you disagreeing with?

Also, I'm surprised you got bored after 4 hours in a (fairly large) ski area like Risoul / Vars. Even many of the big ski areas are only about twice the size. So does that mean you get bored in Val d'Isere after 8 hours (1 day), and if so, what do you do for the rest of the week?

Perhaps it was actually the type of pistes, snow conditions or terrain in Risoul that you got bored of. But that's not what we're discussing here.

Yes, in a big area you (might) have a variety of terrain types / trees etc., but that's just as much the case if you ski multiple small areas. The comparison isn't between a small area and a big area (obviously, in this case, big areas usually have more variety) - what I was actually be comparing is *several* small areas and one big area. Which is probably what the Snowpass, Magic Pass etc. will mostly be used for.

I do appreciate that not everyone is a fan of driving each day. Though with planning, the amount of time spent on "winter mountain roads" can be very small - many resorts have valley access lifts, or public transport. For example, why did you drive all the way up numerous hairpins to Risoul, when you could have parked at Vars (in the same ski area) instead with easier access roads?

Also, perhaps you've already tried a ski holiday touring multiple resorts (in which case, disregard this paragraph), but if not, don't knock it before you've tried it. Having done it both ways multiple times, I certainly think a carefully planned touring trip holds its own against a week in a big area. And it's usually cheaper.
snow report
@denfinella, one of the BIGGEST reason to ski in smaller mountain is the lack of crowds. So stop trying to recruit others to the idea! Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy