Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fiss, Serfaus and Ladis 2024

Poster: A snowHead
First time in January, staying at the Belmont. Any tips, esp best way to get there from Innsbruck?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I just book a taxi.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Ghost Dog, If you fly in then a taxi from the airport is possibly easiest (though best book one in advance just jumping in a waiting one will be expensive). Cheaper is to get the train the Landeck (very regular shuttles to Train station and regular trains both regional and express to Landeck) either book a transfer or there are always plenty of taxis waiting. There are regular buses too. It is also very easy to get to Landeck if you fly into Zürich trains every couple of hours, more flights and far less likely to have weather disruption
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We did this transfer last March and pretty much echo what @munich_irish, says-
We didn't book a Taxi but jumped into a waiting one - 25 euros (inc 5 Euro tip) to train station.
Pre-booked (via OBB) a train to Landeck and connecting bus to Serfaus - 70 Euros for 2 Adults (return). However, had to wait for approx 40 mins at Landeck for the connecting bus.
We did ask a waiting taxi driver of the cost for Landeck-Serfaus and was quoted 120 Euros, so continued waiting for the bus!
Total transfer time for us from the Airport was 2.5 hours, a bit quicker for the return leg. Total cost for return transfers of 120 Euros for 2 Adults.
Obviously, can be done quicker at more cost.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You might be lucky & a bus to the train station is outside the airport.
Best way is dictated by your budget Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
200€ from INN to Fiss one-way via taxi arranged through my hotel.

45 mins drive

As above, can be done slower and cheaper but if you're going to SFL that's probably not an issue
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@red 27,
Sure, it can be a lot quicker but for this trip, we had time to kill.
We landed at INN about 10am and hotel check-in should have been 2pm. So we were still early with a slow transfer.
So not really about cost, but the savings did pay for a lovely lunch Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've had a quote from Alpstria Taxi for 340 Euros return for 8 with luggage and skis which seems very cheap. Findtransfers can't get me a quote close. Anyone used them?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
red 27 wrote:

As above, can be done slower and cheaper but if you're going to SFL that's probably not an issue

as bad as Ischgl?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheap is good. Is Fiss meant to be expensive? We are 103 euros a night HB, thought that was reasonable, on par with The Hoff.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ghost Dog wrote:
Cheap is good. Is Fiss meant to be expensive? We are 103 euros a night HB, thought that was reasonable, on par with The Hoff.

that's good which hotel?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Belmont.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Mother hucker,
No, it is cheaper than Ischgl across the board- lift pass & like-for-like accommodation. They don’t compete for the same crowd, very little apres in SFL as it’s geared towards families with children. However, lots of proper steep red & blacks in SFL, downside (compared to Ischgl) is it’s all south facing, so easily get slushy.

@Ghost Dog, should be good in Jan though.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ghost Dog wrote:
I've had a quote from Alpstria Taxi for 340 Euros return for 8 with luggage and skis which seems very cheap. Findtransfers can't get me a quote close. Anyone used them?

That does seem very cheap - haven’t used them but reviews appear excellent https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/taxi-innsbruck-airport.com and https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g190445-d12925519-Reviews-Airport_Taxi_Alpstria_Innsbruck-Innsbruck_Tirol_Austrian_Alps.html - I expect you’ve seen these, but just in case
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It's not far from the Belmont to the gondolas but it is a bit steep and can be slippery in ski boots. Worth arranging boot/ski storage at one of the shops next to the gondolas. Masner end of the resort is the highest and prettiest but there's good interesting pistes everywhere. If the snow is good down to village level then don't ignore the run 8 down to Ladis from Frommes, it's surprisingly good fun and I never skied it the first couple of times I visited SFL as I just assumed it would be a dull home run for Ladis people.
ski holidays
Alpstria Taxi are now suggesting they can'y carry all our luggage. I suspect I will have to try Four Seasons and ask them to include a trailer for the skis.
ski holidays
Looks like 410 Euros with Four Seasons
snow report
@Valkyrie, you've piqued my interest in piste 8; I had reached the same conclusion you had. So now I'll check it out, but: per the piste map, it appears you can turn skier's left and go to Ladis or skier's right and go to Fiss. True? If so, the latter seems like the better way since you'd avoid the lift connecting the two villages. Do I have this right? thx
latest report
@Scooter in Seattle, avoiding the lift means avoiding a bit of the run! From mid-morning onwards the gondola out of Ladis is very quiet so it’s worth heading that way. The piste into Fiss from the Ladis direction is very gentle, almost flat, so most people will stay on the gondola from Ladis all the way into Fiss, where the gondola station is next to the one for the gondola out of Fiss to the main ski area.
latest report
@Valkyrie, perfect, thx
latest report
Alpstria are excellent. Used them a few times. Very reasonable and totally reliable.
latest report
Valkyrie wrote:
. If the snow is good down to village level then don't ignore the run 8 down to Ladis from Frommes, it's surprisingly good fun and I never skied it the first couple of times I visited SFL as I just assumed it would be a dull home run for Ladis people.

Yes a cracking run - open about 1/2 the times I've been there (early March) as I don't think it's canon covered
ski holidays
Love run 7 or run 7/8 from top to bottom.

Plus there is one of my favourite huttes on that route, the Frommes Alp, on a warm, sunny day.

IMO the worst thing about SFL is the number of mountain huttes, especially above Serfaus.
ski holidays
anybody know how much the bus costs from landeck to Fiss? I'm doing my maths on renting a car from munich vs train+bus.
snow report
ava1981 wrote:
anybody know how much the bus costs from landeck to Fiss? I'm doing my maths on renting a car from munich vs train+bus.

Looks like 8 EUR per person.

Even if train turns out to be a little cheaper I'd be inclined to go car rental, since you can typically do the journey in around 3h, while by train you're probably looking at around 5h with at least 2 changes. And generally Munich airport car rental is reasonably priced, compared to smaller airports. If there is a big price delta of course, train would be the way.

One caveat here though, is that from Ried up to Fiss in snowy conditions there can be snow chain enforcement. Not sure what happens to the bus in that scenario.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy