Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Romantical Hotel in Italy

Poster: A snowHead
For 2021 season: I'm looking for that hotel you found in Italy that was beautifully situated and beautifully Italian. And close to the uplift of course. Any thoughts, recommendations or fond memories to share please?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Strax, the Sporthotel Europa in Alleghe in the Dolomites has a lovely lakeside location and is about 1 km from the gondola station but the hotel runs a continuous minivan shuttle service to the gondola (and in the afternoon from the gondola area back to the hotel). Friendly staff and excellent food!
For the last few years it's been the location for the preBirthday Bash Warm Up Week. snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, agree its all that, but i wouldn't call it romantic
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cristallo, cortina
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Strax, does it need to be in a resort surrounded by other amenities or can it be on the mountain near ski runs/lifts, but otherwise isolated?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Ciao Pais, Sauze d'Oulx. Warm, friendly, pretty and small. Well reviewed too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="toyah807"]Ciao Pais, Sauze d'Oulx. Warm, friendly, pretty and small. Look at the website and read the reviews before dismissing it because it's 'Sauze d' oulx'
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've posted this before but I've stayed here for a long weekend https://www.hotelmontblanc.it/en/

It wasn't romantic because I shared a room with 2 other hairy-arsed blokes but I can see it would be a romantic setting for a couple. It's slightly out of town but there's a fab view of the mountains from the spa/pool area. The hotel also ran a free minibus service to the lifts at Courmayeur.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I would recommend Hotel Spinale....Madonna di Campligio.
Positioned at the base of a great lift that takes you into the extensive ski area..

A family run hotel with great food and an atmospheric dining area..book half board.
Take a look it might fit the bill..
The skiing is not bad either...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

i wouldn't call it romantic

Neither would I - it's far too big to be romantic, for a start. Not exactly an intimate dining experience! Though possibly more intimate when not full of Snowheads!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Another one....Hotel Ustaria Posta in Badia, Dolomites. Pretty village, pretty property and the stunning Santa Croce above you. Sella Ronda on your doorstep. Watch the videos on youtube (they post several)of the young family that run it zapping about the dolomites to get an idea the welcome you will get and the beauty of the area you will be dropping into.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Though possibly more intimate when not full of Snowheads!

Keep that rabble out and it'll be fine then Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you've got the money... La Perla, Corvara; or the Rosa Alpina, San Cassiano
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@mozwold, oh yes...la perla. Had dinner there for my 50th birthday
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
luigi wrote:
@Strax, does it need to be in a resort surrounded by other amenities or can it be on the mountain near ski runs/lifts, but otherwise isolated?

No other amenities needed nearby, in fact the more mountain bound it is, the better..tell me more?
latest report
mozwold wrote:

Oh, that is nice! It would have to be quite some celebration to afford those prices though! rolling eyes Shocked
snow report
mozwold wrote:

Oh, that is nice! It would have to be quite some celebration to afford those prices though! rolling eyes Shocked
snow conditions
Champoluc? How about https://ski2champoluc.com/property/hotellerie-de-mascognaz/
snow report
@mozwold, @holidayloverxx, +1 on the Rosa Alpina. Although you'd better have some nice duds; Zegna is average there! (in addition to the 3 star restaurant, they have a terrific family restaurant...same kitchen, somewhat more affordable).
snow report
pam w wrote:
Quote:

i wouldn't call it romantic

Neither would I - it's far too big to be romantic, for a start. Not exactly an intimate dining experience! Though possibly more intimate when not full of Snowheads!

Oh I don't know, us three boys were nice and cosy in our triple room Shocked
snow report
Well yes, @dunc999, it's really the company, not the surroundings, which make for romance. Little Angel
snow conditions
Slightly divergent, but what makes a "romantic" hotel anyway? Puzzled
snow conditions
@under a new name, ....if you have to ask Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

Slightly divergent, but what makes a "romantic" hotel anyway?

The title was for a "Romantical" hotel. I thought that would be in the Romansch speaking area
latest report
@holidayloverxx, anywhere I am with Mrs UANN is romantic. Why would any given hotel make it better?
snow report
@under a new name, awww
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, indeed! and not only cos she did 7 straight hours of painting an old varnished stairwell today... Cool Cool
snow report
@johnE, close, its Ladin.

@under a new name, I'm a Yank, so I've never heard it referred to as "painting an old varnished stairwell" but seven hours shows remarkable endurance for both of you!

wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, keeper....
ski holidays
@holidayloverxx, 20 years in and no intention of regrading wink
ski holidays
Excelsior Planet in Cervinia
Excellent food, family run hotel, very close to the lifts, spa, very Italian!
https://www.excelsiorplanet.com/en/home
ski holidays
@Strax, … Hotellerie de Mascognaz, Champoluc …….. https://www.hotelleriedemascognaz.com/en/ ………………….. Done!
ski holidays
Scooter in Seattle,

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Albergo Montagna di Luce or Hotel Cristallo in Alagna.

Small and beautiful town. The first one is a historical hotel owned by the guide Sergio Gabbio. Very cozy. The latter is more luxurious,but still cozy.
snow report
https://www.facebook.com/lavalpusteria/
snow report
Hotel Boton D'Or in La Thuile is very nice, really nice wooden chalet style, great wellness centre and ski facilities, not too big, amazing service, food and drinks. Close to the slopes and Gondola uplift.
snow conditions
essex wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/lavalpusteria/

A beautiful area!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy